Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

PORT WANTS DIDAK

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
President Ted Parker 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 9:18 am
Post subject: PORT WANTS DIDAKReply with quote

News reports this morning suggest that Port Adelaide are going to play hard ball with Nick Stevens. That's no surprise considering the quality of player he is.

The latest is if we entertain any thoughts of gaining his services then they want Didak plus probably our first round draft pick.

It's a big call considering the time and effort we have put into Didak.
Does anyone think that we can even entertain that proposition by Port?

Dark Lord Capricorn

He's back...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 9:37 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

No.
DaicosMagic Scorpio

1970 Grand Final Boundary Umpire

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 9:45 am

NO <sinp> WAY!!!

<Edited for Offensive Language - I know it is hard not to be passionate about it but can we keep the language friendly for kids somehow..cheers - Northern Pie - Mod>
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 9:51 am

Surely we are not STUPID enough to accept that deal. Didak is a very gifted player and one of the most populat at the club. I would be disillusioned with Collingwood FC if they traded Didak.

When Collingwood started rebuilding and wanted to be like Man United they made a promise to themselves and to the supporters and that was they would let the group develop together and that meant not trading quality players.

Wake up Collingwood.......

jlc

No. 35 Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 9:57 am

Oh they can want him Laughing but they'll NEVER get him
Lorelei Pisces

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 10:13 am

OI CHOKING CHOCKO -

Take your draft, your dud support staff and your moronville antics and take a HIKE.

What a full on basketcase.

DIDS STAYS PUT - NO IFS, NO BUTS, NO MAYBES.

It is flattering they want Dids though, seeing they think we are a pack of nobodies who apparently choke worse than they do. PFFT.

It *has* to be the water. Apologies to all SA based Pies supporters - we all know you drink Evian from the bottle! Wink

Jen

**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**

Floreat Pica
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 10:16 am

Port is in the same position this year with Stevens as we were last year with Nick davis.

They will take what they can get before they get nothing, it's all rhetoric at the moment.

Ignore their bull<snip>.
AbsoluteTallant 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 10:26 am

Simple answer:

No fricking way!

Didak is far better than Stevens.

Didak + #17 for an over-rated choker is a complete and utter rip off.

We should only trade to balance our list in terms of age/experience OR to improve it. Didak+17 for Stevens isn't even a break even situation for us - it's a lose!

This will freak you all out but they can take Licuria, O'Bree, Woewodin, McKee, Kinnear, McGough... any number of players but not Didak.

If this is all they will accept, then <snip> it, let's get Luke Power and tell Stevens to go play for a dud club. There are plenty awaiting him namely Carlton, Melbourne and Footscray to name but a few.
AbsoluteTallant 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 10:31 am

Culprit wrote:
Port is in the same position this year with Stevens as we were last year with Nick davis.

They will take what they can get before they get nothing, it's all rhetoric at the moment.

Ignore their bull<snip>.

As much as I want to think you're right, you're wrong. Davis was going, no doubt, but he only had one suitor. With Stevens we are competing with many other clubs.

I say let another club have him rather than get rid of Didak + pick 17.

One last point:

What are our most important officials still doing half way across the world at such a delicate time? Don't give me no rhetoric about that useless game v Freo. What a joke!
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 10:44 am

Stevens will go to who he wants to go to, Carlton are offering him 2 million over 4 years, we will not match that. We will not give Port Didak.

Clubs do not pick up players that don't want to play for them.

If Stevens wants to go to Collingwood he will be with us in 2004.
Northern Pie 

We are watching!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 10:47 am

butCH_75 Wrote:

If Collingwood consider trading the likes of Alan Didak for Stevens I will be very pissed off. He has come on leaps and bounds this year and we have seen that on his day can play some of the best footy.

I will be one very disgruntled Pie Support and the match committee need to have a good hard look at themselves if this is even considered.

Go Pies 2004.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 10:55 am

Think of how Stevens would be thinking and you may have a better idea where he may go.

Carlton wants me and offering me huge dollars, I just played in another finals campaign and if I go there I may never play in another final ever.

Bulldogs want me, young list and have not been in the finals for a few years. No name coach and club are struggling financially.

Richmond want me as well as everyone else that is available, they have not made the finals for a few years and Frawley has huge question marks over him as a coach.

Collingwood want me, I have always wanted to play for the Magpies and they have been in the Grand Final two years in a row. They can pay a good salary as well as I can get work on the side doing adverts and get a crack on the footy show which may set up my future after football. Will have to go there for a little less money, but I may get to play in a Premiership team and that is priceless.
jimgerolimatos Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 11:18 am

it would be very stupid if they got rid off didak for stevens. stevens is a midfielder we got plenty of them .
didak is more versatile than stevens , weve tried didak in the midfield and hes done well ,
so piss off port .
we need talls, big forwards .
Lorelei Pisces

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 11:19 am

Players have to use their brains when it comes to where they want to go. And this was pointed out by Daics when Joff, Cyclops and I interviewed him.

Stevens would be a dumber than a box of rocks if he went for the more money option at any of those dud clubs - mainly because of his worth *after* his footy career is over.

Your worth as someone who has played for Collingwood is far greater than if you played for Footscray or the like. Sad but true fact.

His manager would be pushing the more money option because they get their cut now... but if he wants to have any longevity other than being a Herald-Sun headline for a day when he plays for the scum, he would know where to come. Smile

But still NO DIDS.

Jen

**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**

Floreat Pica
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 11:43 am

http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=14012&start=15

We started talking about this in that topic. Just thought I'd let people know, in case they haven't read those opinions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4   

Jump to: