Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Scotland Requests Trade

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buckethead 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 1:02 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

People who don't rate Scotland are extremely forgetful. He was one of our best in all our good wins in the last part of the home and away season. It'd be a shame to see himgo but I'd also really like to get Stevens. As for the David King ready to replace Heath Scotland comparison...? Ahhh haha no mate, King's a young backpocket who's pretty hard at it and played some good football. Scotland is a ball-magnet with awesome skills of both feet. The guy gets about 50-70 minutes game time and racks up 20 possies and when he got put back to williamstown he averaged over 30 touches a game.
burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 2:01 pm

No doubt Scotland has decent skill and knows how to find it, but at this point in time, hes not damaging enough... fair enough he gets his 20-30 touches a game, but in all honesty, how much damage does he cause with those possessions?

I'm not pushing for Nick Stevens either, as i think he does exactly the same thing. I hope we use Scotland for someone like Solomon, Notting or even a ruckman like Dean Cox.

We have Plenty of blokes who can find the Footy and use it... Buckley, Burns, Licuria, Woewodin, Lockyer & O'Bree will do me just fine at this stage.

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 3:25 pm

we've got worse players then scotland on our list. i think it would be good to piss them off first. tho if he wants to go then good luck to him, hopefully we will get something good out of a deal involving him!
Davros 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 3:45 pm

This is the third year in a row he has been on the trade table (will it be third time lucky) and the second year in a row he has requested to leave the Pies.

We don’t want any Pies on our list who don’t want to be Pies – that was the general consensus when Mal Michael and Nick Davis wanted out, so why all the fuss about Scotland?

I don’t particularly like or rate him as a player but he doesn’t deserve a third year of uncertainty, so use him or lose him!
commonwombat Sagittarius

commonwombat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 4:50 pm

Rate him considerably higher than at least 3 players that have been re-signed recently, but the powers that be have made their decision.

In the second half of the season, he did prove that he can contribute solidly at senior level and showed a sound skill base. These qualities should not have gone un-noticed by other clubs.

I do NOT criticise him for looking elsewhere. The powers have intimated to him that he has a limited future at the club so why not seek further opportunity elsewhere.

For trade purposes, he should not be thrown away for junk, rather use him as part of a package to get a quality player.

scud 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 8:10 pm

Just an interesting note that Heath didn't go on th end of season trip with the players. Saw him out on wednesday night with the players from Carlton. He actually got into a fight because some guy called Favola a gazzelle. Heath was the only one to stick up for him.
The reason he doesn't get more games is not because of his skill but because he is lazy on the training track.
Newelly Aries

newelly

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 10:29 pm

I think the footballing department is looking for a ruckman who has won grand finals and shouldn't be intimidated. McKernan was this player in the past, but the chances of him recapturing that form? Not likely.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 11:27 pm

fevola a gazelle? nah he's more like a gnu.
Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 9:59 am

No, he's more like Sideshow Bob.

All WA Magpies join the Western Magpies now:
http://www.westernmagpies.com
(At least go and sign the guestbook).
AbsoluteTallant 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 10:39 am

I find it fascinating that everyone is willing to trade a player who performs equaly as wel as an over-hyped bludger like Woewodin when given a chance.

Scotto is the best midfield kick at the club. Yes that's right, have a look at the left foot skills of Bucks and Burns in some key moments over the last two years and see if you can honestly disagree with me.
ScottyMac Libra

Pride, Passion, Commitment, COLLINGWOOD

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 12:06 pm

I think Scotland is a class player don't get me wrong, has superb skills on either side... BUT I think it best for his football to search elswhere for a club that he can grow as a player.... I think he is a guy that could fit into any side atm and play a big role... unfortunately for scoots... we now have a midfiel balance that pushes him aside... He is a good player.. the clubs around the game know that and I think he is well worth a high draft pick at least in a trade!!!!!
Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 1:04 pm

AbsoluteTallant wrote:
Scotto is the best midfield kick at the club. Yes that's right, have a look at the left foot skills of Bucks and Burns in some key moments over the last two years and see if you can honestly disagree with me.

I disagree with you - honestly.

All WA Magpies join the Western Magpies now:
http://www.westernmagpies.com
(At least go and sign the guestbook).
President Ted Parker 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 4:33 pm

Scotland is very good player but realistically is only worth at best a second round draft pick in the trade. He hasn't done enough in the eyes of rival clubs to give up a first round draft pick for. Not even a late one.
You usually might find clubs use a first round pick to gamble on a 50-100 game ruckman or key position player. Even there is alot of interest in Heath it is doubtful whether clubs will give up a pick under 30 for for him.

labrooy 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 7:26 pm

I agree with the pie man. We only got pick 23 for Nick Davis and I don't think Scotland is worth as much. Admittedly the circumstances are different but with so many quality players out there this year looking to be traded I'm afraid Scotland just won't draw that much interest.
burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 8:31 pm

I am also in Honest disagreement.

Honestly.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: