Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Corey McKernan

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Northern Pie 

We are watching!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 1:27 am
Post subject: Corey McKernanReply with quote

Would he actually be at the least a player to pick up as a ruck option while the kids develop at the club, I guess the problem is that he still has 2 years left on his contract at carlton so I guess whoever picks him up has to pay out that contract as well, I guess Carlton have to make some money some how....

Realistically are we any chance of securing a well known ruck during the trade week, as I think that it is what Collingwood really need at the moment..

Cheers

zoia Virgo

didak's number 1 fan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 10:34 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

i heard from a source of mine which works for north, they are considerin swappin him back McKernan really hates pagan and wants to leave
TMan4 Capricorn

Tas

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 10:45 am

HELL NO!!! Go back to North and do yourself a favour and us by not even thinking about going to Collingwood. You are shit!!
chalky 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 10:49 am

Northern Pie, Mckernan - no, no, no. Not for ruck, CHF or CHB.
His days as an impact player are finished. The guy is a psychological banana case thanks to Pagan. If he goes, it will probably be back to North with his sympathetic mates.

Not many ruckmen available of the ilk we desire. MM had the perfect opportunity to rectify, what many of us saw as a blatently obvious deficiency in the ruck dept, at the beginning of the last trade period. He quite deliberately chose not to enter into discussions with them. From memory, I think some were, Brogan, Keating, Allen, Everitt.

It would seem that MM will persist with, an improved Fraser in tandem with a youthful Richards/Cloke and continue fine tuning a successful and solid midfield with classy additions (hopefully) Stevens, Solomon etc
Northern Pie 

We are watching!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 11:00 am

Wonder if Big Beau can be convinced to leave Brisbane as he doesn't seem to be an option in Leigh Matthews ruck department anymore. Plus the news is he hates it up here....

What about Lade, isn't he out of contract?...I am sure he would be worth a go....other than that I am not aure who we could secure, but as I said I think the Pies need to focus in on getting a ruck man to help out Josh while the other kids develop....

Oh and I saw McKernan on Sports Tonight last night, he is so laconic...no way would I want him at the pies...

Cheers

WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 1:35 pm

Didn't I read somewhere that Hille hasn't signed at the Dons yet?

THAT would be interesting.
MardyP 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 2:05 pm

Balmey said on 927 this morning that we are NOT looking for a ruckman!

He asked the question - who was our best player in the GF? Josh.

So unless something FALLS in our laps (eg part of another deal) don't expect us to recruit a ruckman.
Yobbo^LuKa Libra

=[(World Champion)]=

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 2:41 pm

No...I'd rather him play for Carlton til the day he dies then come to the Pies!
chalky 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 4:25 pm

Thanks Mardy, If Balme said that they are definitely not looking for a ruckman, I'm certainly not surprised. MM has been consistant on this issue for the past 3 yrs, much to the chagrin of many on this bb who had high hopes that MM would "see the light" this year and chase another ruckman. He will now rest his faith in the development of Josh and the young brigade.

Northern Pie, Lade has re signed.

Yobbo, I actually feel for poor old Corey. Imagine - no Pagan have a great season, win B+F. Pagan re enters his life, shit season, asks for trade. The guy must be close to a nervous breakdown
Buckethead 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 5:33 pm

Honestly, I don't know how people considered Josh to one of our best on GF day. Around the ground he certainly was. But being a Ruckman is about controlling the tap-outs and he got absolutely carved up. How would u feel being Bucks or Burns in a centre bounce knowing there's a 75 per cent chance that the ball's going to get belted 4 metres behind you to the opposition half-foward line. The ruckman is the last piece of the jigsaw, I believe if we had a dominant ruckman we would have a won a flag by now.
If we're planning to bank on our youth in the ruck, Josh and Guy Richards would wanto eat about 20kgs of steak a day in the off-season.

BRING BACK MONKEY haha
Pies Premiers 2004 Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 6:02 pm

Mckernon had one good season and that was 7 or 8 seasons ago....he is a bad news story......steer clear of duds I say!

TC
Daks Libra

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 7:02 pm

nope, mckernan is going back to the roos, my mum is friends with his mum and his mum said that he doesnt get along with pagan at all and wants to go back to the roos, i saw this comming tho, all corey is is a spoilt brat!!!, having a sook about everything, we dont need a player like that at our club

© Daks 2006
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Brown26 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 7:46 pm

josh was our best in the GF - how many clereances did he have? imagine bucks and burns knowing that there was a great chance josh would take the ball out of the ruck and hand it right to them - he had 9 clearances at half time, most on the ground, he did his bit. It;s easy to jump all over the ruckman when the umpires bounce shit - 50% of the time they jump over you, 50% of the time you jump over them, it was just unfortunate the first quarter saw every bounce right over the top of Josh's head, and he didn't have the stamina to ruck against two of them all day.

we don't need another ruckman to have the best ruckman on the ground against 12 or 13 other teams, it's just the duel rucks of brissy and adelaide that are the problem.

did anyone worry about Josh against brogan and lade? no, cause he beat them.

haivn gsaid that, Hille would be a fantastic pick up, but there's buckley's chance cause the don's will resign him, they'd be mad not too, and I reckon solomon would also be a fantastic pick up, but at 400 000 he might be asking a bit too much.

- Ben
commonwombat Sagittarius

commonwombat

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 7:52 pm

McKernan is NOT the answer. This does not take anything away from the fact that ruck is a problem for the Pies.

It would appear that MM and his brains trust is banking on the development of youth such as Richards, Cloke 2 and Walker. That is their perogative however this is not a one-season process.

Their development into regular first team players will take time and there are no guarantees all or indeed any will make the grade. Meanwhile Fraser will continue to receive the physical punishment that may end up shortening his career.

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 9:55 pm

Its too funny how hard we chase players from low finishing clubs...lol

jlc

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: