Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Happy hour at colonial

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2001 1:24 pm
Post subject: Happy hour at colonialReply with quote

Finally a reason to go to Colonial........

Joffa they have done this especially for you..........

Happy hour from 5.00pm to 6.00pm....... how good is that !!!!!
Two beers for the price of one......thats pretty damn good i think.......

I cant wait.........i hope to see everyone at the bar nice and early...

peaceout........
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2001 1:59 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

ahh good, i suppose this is one of their ideas to get us there early? well i think it will work!
Seth 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2001 11:06 am

They are kidding themselves aren't they. For the price of one beer anyway at Colonial you can get three beers at a pub outside in Melbourne or around the 'G'. I know I will play devil's advocate here but what a stupid idea anyway. I can just see it, people are going to go early and get sucked in by this high priced 'happy hour', get absolutely sloshed and then wonder why they will get kicked out of the ground before the first bounce. To me this is totally irresponsible of the AFL. Don't get me wrong, I love a beer but I certainly wont pay the prices at the bars (in the social club it is much more reasonable) and I'll bet this will cause more alcohol related problems at the footy. Surely they can think of something more original than this. The bottom line is bring back a curtain raiser game for pre match entertainment or something else. They have got no idea sometimes at the AFL. Just like last year with thier sites footy tipping you won a years supply of VB. Great for you and I but not for the majority of under 18 people who entered also. just a large stunt for their new sponsor CUB I say. Oh well I'll lay money this causes more problems than what its worth. What a bunch of dickheads. Oh well have a nice drink before the game guys and gals.

------------------
Go Pies!!
SS11 Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2001 11:42 am

i say we go find that man-ure twit at that pub again
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2001 5:12 pm

well if u put it that way seth, i suppose so. i was wondering about that the happy hour is 5-6 right? and when the happy hour ends well what is everyone meant to do btw 6 and 7.40?

anyway no one is gonna want to rush there to get 'good' seats on level 4.
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2001 5:52 pm

Hi

What else would you do between 6.00 and 7.40pm..........you keep drinking of course. An hours isnt long enough........lol I think of the hour as like a warm up session to get the taste buds working. This is like the prematch session where you talk tactics and chit chat.......isnt that right Joffa........lol

Afterall its drinking or watch the grass grow at Colonial. Its a tough choice but i think i will chill at the bar.

Why only have a happy hour ?? Why not a Happy Day. After all we have McHappy Day. Why not VBDay where every VB you drink a dollar would be given to a charity ie North Melbourne F.C......lol

Just a suggestion.......

Sly Leo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2001 11:32 am

Interesting idea by the AFL.

So between 5:00 & 6:00 p.m. you drink as much as possible to take advantage of "Happy Hour." After 6:00 p.m., then, either of the following happens:

* you've drunk so much in an effort to take advantage of "Happy Hour" that by the time the game comes around, you can't see a thing, anyway.

* you get so blastered that you blast the Bartender because he won't serve you one more heavy and get ejected from the damn Colonic after the bastards told you to get there early.

* you're forced to drink lights from 6:00 p.m., which do nothing and leave that crappy taste in your mouth.

* there's such a stockpile of people trying to take advantage of "Happy-hour" that there's either a crush or a massive fight breaks out, (can't happen against the Roos, because they'd actually need supporters), and you get arrested.

Thanks, AFL, but I think I'll stick to the Pubs in the city where you can drink at your leisure, relax, and even walk a bit of it off getting to the Colonic.

------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------
Sly.
The Last Remaining Bad Guy.

The Collingwood Rant.
http://www.magpies.net/rant/

The Unofficial AFL Ranting Board.
http://www.elevenoclock.com/forums/aflranting/
-------------------------------------------------------------

------------------
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: