Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

we lost our chance to get brown, he signed with tigers

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dilly5 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 10:33 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, I don't reckon we need him- he seems like a total egomaniac and not too much of a team player- I think he needs his ego stroked too much to come to a team of starss like Collingwood. Let him go to Richmond and be a big star in a team with lower standards- where their biggest star is bloody RICHO!
GreekLunatic 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 10:42 am

hey whats this finals crap brown was saying he went for the money and only the money cause seriously we will make the finals next yr the tigers wont and also how can they afford to play him that much and think they can afford solomon too
commonwombat Sagittarius

commonwombat

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 10:54 am

how are they paying for it??? maybe they've acquired some consultants from Carlton on such matters, in between their lawyers appts that is.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 11:41 am

First of all, Brown has only announced his intention to go to the Tigers. He has not signed with them. A deal still needs to be worked out.

Second of all, does anybody remember that Lockett was coming to Collingwood? Well that didn't happen.

I will just wait and see. But if true, we msut go all out for players like Stevens and Solomon.
TheGaffer 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 1:02 pm

Brown wants way too much money and I don't think the club was/is interested in paying that much.

Like others have said, we want players that really WANT to play for the Collingwood FC, not just for money reasons. Hence why Stevens will be a much better pickup because he supported the club as a youngster and truly wants to play for the black and white stripes.

There would be no way we could get both Brown and Stevens without offloading some of our core best players, hence under the circumstances Stevens would be the better choice.
burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 1:26 pm

Deal's not finalised yet... I cant see Richmond having much of what Footscray wants... Holland, King and a draft pick maybe?
shaunest Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 1:28 pm

Thats the whole point.....He's not going for more money. As Im sure you've read in the article, the offer from Richmond was somewhat less than other clubs ie: Carlton. I think MM is too conservative when it comes to trading. Sure we got Woewodin last year, but he basically poped into our hands without a fight. It's time he was a little more pro-active and traded some of our bigger names to get some quality at the club. And also, the Brown deal isnt over by a long shot, there's still hope.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 3:15 pm

burnsy17 wrote:
Deal's not finalised yet... I cant see Richmond having much of what Footscray wants... Holland, King and a draft pick maybe?

King has been delisted by Richmond.
Adz 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 3:22 pm

We should go after Holland and Wirapunda
Buckethead 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 3:53 pm

I wrote a post in the Trade Talk thread about 2 mins ago but I chose the wrong thread so I'll write it again. I can't believe Brown chose Richmond, there's somethign really fishy with that. Yes, they have a good young midfield but look at their key position department, Richo 29, Stafford 30?, Holland 26 injury prone and they wanto trade him. There only hope is Ottens and he can't be in 3 positions at once. Yes, its stated he's accepted the same amount of money as the Dogs offered which makes you wonder whether playing with Solomon has something todo with it. But with that Bendigo boys argument, what about Alvey who he already plays with? He was supposedly in their little group with Tazza. That's why I'm totally confused he chose Richmond.

In terms of Brown and Collingwood however,
The guys a gun yes, he could slot into a wing position yes, however if we get Stevens is a goal kicking wingman that imperitive. He would be good in a foward pocket for us but if he doesn't wanto play there he doesn't wanto play there. He also has huge wraps on himself and doesn't seem that much of a team man. I'd like to see him and Black and White for his ability, it's just he doesnt seem that much of a clubman character on his stints with the footy show.(which is abit silly considering I don't even know him).

In terms of Collingwood next year,
Willi won the flag, I think there's alot to like about King, Shackleton and C.Cloke. Cloke is a big unit for his age and if the club fitness gurus can get him over 100kg and not impede on his agility I think he'd be able to make a big precense in the foward line and the ruck next year. So I think if we can nail Stevens without giving too much up we'll be well poised to make another big assualt next year. Touchwood.

In terms of the person who brought up the great Lockett saga.
You can blame the Collingwood board for that one, they backed Sav to be a better player than Lockett, which proved alright in Savs good early years. How about this for a thought, would Anthony Rocca be playing for us today if we had signed Lockett? It's all fate.
creedymagpie Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 4:05 pm

Culprit wrote:
He was and is only after money, which is what turned Collingwood off. .

Thats it!

He is after money which is wh we didnt and dont need him. I think if we got both brown and Stevens we would have problems with the salary cap.

Stevens is the much better player and if we sign him we will forget about this money grabbing bastard!

shaunest Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 4:07 pm

C Cloke is hopeless.... I watched several games where he played for Eastern ranges last year. He's slow, doesn't have a good leap and has ordinary skills. Sorry to burst this bubble. Everyone keeps on saying what a good prospect he is. He is one of the worst recruits I've seen at Collingwood. It's only his name that got him there.
maggie20ct Pisces

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 8:55 pm

shaunest wrote:
He's not going for more money. As Im sure you've read in the article, the offer from Richmond was somewhat less than other clubs ie: Carlton. .

People seem to have overlooked this part of the story. Every one is going on about how he went for the best deal money wise but he hasnt, which makes the story even more unbeliveable because he stated he wanted to play finals footy (richmond?? um no) so what is there at richmond that appeals to him?? It doesnt make sence... Confused

tdesmaele 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 9:12 pm

shaunest -
can you please give Cam Cloke a bloody chance please. He is 18 years old who has just played his first season in the league. He is going to improve especially after a couple more pre-seasons and as he begins to fill out and mature. Don't be so quick to write someone off. Especially bigger guys who take longer to develop.

Buckethead -
Don't forget Dane Swann who I believe and hope will be a gun down the track. And let's not forget McGough who will make the grade if he improves his disposal and fitness. And then there's also Davidson and Maxwell who also looking promising.

BTW does anyone know the status on Davidson? Is he back training? Has he put on any weight / muscle? Lost any mobility? Is he likely to be ready for pre-season training and round 1 next year?
I_love_Clokey Aries

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 9:31 pm

I was all ready for Brownie to come to Collingwood I was even watching a Western Bulldogs game today and I was trying to picture what he would look like in a Collingwood gurnsey!! what a waste of time that was!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: