Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

whos gunna play ruck??

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ed healey 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2001 12:39 pm
Post subject: whos gunna play ruck??Reply with quote

Now that josh has had his pre season buggered by the pox.
Has anyone been to training to see who is going to ruck for us?
stunning is not upto it,richards not ready and richo is a backup ruckman at best.
It could be the difference between the 8 and the spoon if there is no ruck or a system to cover it.
I was feeling ok about 2001 until the pox hit the ruckman.
now im not so secure in my hopes.

magpie24 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2001 1:03 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Mckee has to put his hand up this Year, he is doing the ruckwork at training.If he fails this will be his last Year.
AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2001 9:25 pm

The POX!!!!

What sort of POX??????????

What have you been up to, Spidey?

------------------
**floreat pica**

joffa#brutus 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2001 3:27 am

Can i play ruck oh please ed?

------------------
Shite,Shite, Bloody Shite!! Here Comes Collingwood To Kick Your Arse Forever Black And White!!...SHITE...

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2001 5:14 pm

woooooot Alf u bugger! If that is the case the season may have to be postponed lol!

COLLINGWOOD: TIME TO LIVE UP TO THE NAME

deanricho 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2001 12:32 pm

You people make me sick for f**k sake give mr McKee a go he should be doing most of the work this year with josh doing about 40% as he is still learning and his body is not yet up to scratch for afl. Dont get me wrong i reckon josh will be a gun and about half way through this season i beleive he and danny roach will be very important members of thia squad,

magpie24 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2001 8:10 am

Hey richo theres say 4 years difference in age between them
Can you tell when stunning steve is going to learn to do the ruckwork.

STUNNING STEVE SHOULD HAVE BEEN DOING THE RUCKWORK LAST YEAR INSTEAD LEAVING IT UP TO AND 18 YEAR OLD.
jo_12 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2001 11:13 am

McKee can only play where the coach puts him and in his case it has been the backline where he has played quite well at times or the interchange bench where he doesn't have a chance.
When McKee plays ruck he doesn't do as well as you think he should because you have set your expectations of him too high.
If McKee plays in the seniors he is there for a reason, because he is good enough.
That's why he's out there and not you.

magpie24 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2001 2:00 pm

jo we did recruit him to play in the ruck, if he is getting a hiding MM has got to put him some where else (backline and bench). Maybe your right in he needs time.

Regarding you saying maybe my expectations are to high well maybe your right but we gave Richmond Clinton King(a good hard at it midfielder) so far we have got no results oh except for 2 quarters against Ess playing loose down back.

And last and for all I am to old to play thats why I am not out there.

I have got nothing against Steve but I want him to stand up and be counted. I want a premiership.

GO PIES
jo_12 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2001 5:28 am

I'll try to keep this as short as I can although I could write a book on all of what I have to say.
I'm not just saying this because Steve is my favourite player, I'm saying this because it makes me mad that you barrack for Collingwood but you put players down.
Collingwood is a team not a player. And to win the match the players have to play as a team.
One player can't win us a match, especially if he is on the bench or playing in the wrong position to help.
So one player can't lose us a match.
The team loses the match.
Steve can play well, even better than he played last year, i've have seen him play well and it was against the harder players and teams that he has done it.
Even when he did play his best last year, we still didn't win because he might have been playing well but as a team we didn't.
I'm sure you know this all already and I know it's eaiser to criticize rather that compliment, but maybe if you looked at the positive rather than the negative you might see that things aren't as bad as you make them out to be.

magpie24 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2001 6:32 am

Hey Jo. I will keep writing constructive crictism on players that are showing me nothing.The ball is in Steves court and we will find out whether he is up to it at the end of the year.

If thats what you call putting dowwn players then so be it.

MICHEAL MALTHOUSE IS MAKING ALL THE HARD DESCIONS AND I AM BEHIND HIM 1000% EG: SAV ROCCA,WILLO,MAL MICHEAL.

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2001 7:38 am

If hard decisions include Mal and Willo then wot a load of farkin sh!t!

magpie24 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2001 12:06 pm

Hey Spidey can you go in to a bit more depth on the above post please??
Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2001 12:13 pm

i think Mal was one of our best players that we should have held onto. The only reason he went was coz of some sh!tty little of field bitching that went on i bet. I just think for what we got back it was not worth letting Mal and Willo go. Think about some of these no names we got! Molloy is the only exception but i still dont think it was worth getting rid of Mal.

Seth 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2001 5:36 am

Sorry Spidey, you tell me one game where Mal has stood up and been counted. Good riddens to him. He got greedy and his abilities in himself became a little over inflated. He came to us years ago and looked good when young but really has not done anything. I think it is a great swap for Molloy. We get rid of a sook and get someone who can actually take a grab a full tilt in the forward line (Bye bye Sav). As for Willo well he was a great player for us over the years with the emphasis on was. He became very inconsistent and at times frustrating. Again we need to look for the future of our club and Willo was traded at a time when we got something back being an extra draft pick in the washup. The problem with Collingwood over the years is that we have been too kind to our past players which is fair enough but only if they are performing well and the team is sucessful. I am behind MM all the way and his decisions. I think it will benefit all in years to come. Better than that other idiot who now has the audacity to commentate and try to make people believe he was any good at coaching. What a joke he was.

------------------
Go Pies!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: