Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

AFL TV rights

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spongo 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2001 11:36 am
Post subject: AFL TV rightsReply with quote

I'm from interstate (SA) and I am concerned that with Nine winning the rights that the replays of Collingwood games will disappear. Most weeks the only footage of Collingwood I see or hear is the forty five minutes of replay I see. This aside, I felt that seven's commentary was biased and that the format was dated. What do others think\suggest\know.

magpie24 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2001 12:07 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Spongo from what I can gather we will be saturated with footy if you get FOXTEL. You might see the whole game in 2002, just might be 3 days late. I reckon Foxtel will have a channel soley for footy 7 days a week,bloody hope so.

GO PIES
Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2001 1:35 pm

shite i will have to buy a new TV and video i think if we r gettin more footy on u too Mags remember last time yours blew up lol too much footy i think!

wots the go with Foxtel havin it on anyway? surely thats a joke all they know on there is their frikken American "football" more like handball

COLLINGWOOD: TIME TO LIVE UP TO THE NAME

Spongo 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2001 10:30 am

Foxtel is a lot of money for something I used to get for free. Especialy since it doesn't have much else on it I want to watch aside from the footy, which they will probably charge extra for.

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2001 3:03 pm

yeah collingwood never get replayed cos theyre not one of the top teams, if they start winning though it will probably change and they will put em on tv more, but until then....
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2001 6:33 pm

If experience here is anything to go by, I suggest you part with the pesos to Foxtel if you want to watch the pies!
Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2001 6:49 am

Well at least we will not have to put up with all those Hawthorn boofheads. I hardly watched Friday nite footy on the tele, because I soon got sick of hearing about Hawthorn. Like who gives a toss about "how the boys went during the week" if they're thucking always talking about the the thucking Hawks!

Apart from that, I am worried that Melbournians will stay at home and become conditioned to watching footy on the box.

Also, the clubs get SWA of the $100 million, most of it goes to the AFL so they can piss against the wall by signing long term contracts with their mates.

Are the AFL commissioners responsible for the money they have wasted on buying out long term contracts. What about the long term contracts they turned around and signed once they paid their way out of the ones they are already in. Geez I wonder how much seven will reap once they stop broadcasting the footy. I bet you somewhere there is contract for something that the AFL will have to keep shelling out to channel 7 for. Like the use of Colonial or something...

...bastards...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: