Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

London Game and Events update

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> London Supporters Group and Putney Magpies

View previous topic :: View next topic  
annewilo 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 9:48 am
Post subject: London Game and Events updateReply with quote

Dear Collingwood London Supporter

Hi there and hope you are all as excited as I am about the finals. We so deserve to be there this year.

As you will see this is the first letter from our Club from the new email addy. Please feel free to write to this address for general queries. It may take a day to get back to you, but we will try our hardest. The address again is collingwoodlondon@hotmail.com

On Thursday Simon and I visited with Surrey Cricket Club re the big game at the Oval on Sat October 11th. We have now been told we can hold a catered function there. It's a bit dearer that we had hoped. They want to charge around £55 plus vat. I am trying to get this down, and will keep you posted. But to be honest, we are getting quite a good bunch of goodies for this. No one else has a function yet, so we are the first, so hence we have our choice of rooms. We looked at the famous balcony rooms (old style, where the cricketers appear, but they only hold 8ppl with reserved seats and 20 inside. So then we saw the terrace and we can have rooms of up to 36 x 2. With this, we will get a reserved seat, directly outside our room, but an open air version, which is important, some food, ala meat pies, sandwiches, that sort of thing, and beer and wine etc. This will also save us having to purchase the marquee, and give us great access and views of the game, from either inside our room or in our seating area. As I say, we will try and get the price down, we have some options.

Next, the stubby holders are on order now and will be £5 per item. You can pre order by sending an email to reserve them, as many as you want, although first come first serve. I suggest you pre reserve b4 the Oval game, as we only have 250.

Mark has all but set up the bank account now. Membership will be able to be completed once we have a name of the account. This should be next week. Those who haven't joined and wish too, please do so b4 or on game day, to help us out with our volunteer group.

Simon and I also met with a volunteer representative from the Brentford Football Club on Friday to discuss their possible support for our push into the BARFL for next year. It looks as if they are interested in supplying a link to their soccer club. They are keen to get access to the antipodeans market here in London, so they see us an opportunity to do this. They are keen to meet with Collingwood Football Club when they visit. Interestingly Collingwood have actually referred them to us, so now we will look at their ideas and see what we can come up with. I have invited Trevor Wright from the BARFL to meet with us and all interested parties to discuss this and other ideas. We have booked the date, Friday night, October 3rd at a venue in Richmond area, to be determined. We will advise all our members and encourage you to come along and contribute ideas and show support. And in particular, those of you who are interested in playing Aussie rules, in this comp, should consider attending. Please RSVP to our email address if you are keen to come along. collingwoodlondon@hotmail.com

Simon and Clem are busy seeing which venue would be good to watch the grand final as a group. Simon will advise all members the time and date. Please let him know if you would like to come along. At this stage a preliminary final venue is difficult because there probably will not be a live coverage, but will keep everyone posted. Once again you can use our email address to get message to Simon.

Roger is madly organising our leaflet for the game at the oval. Should be intersting reading.

And finally, we will let you know when the functions are being held during the week of the big game at the Oval very soon. I haven't had the official detail back from the club, but any day soon. And if we do get invites to the private ones, we will share them around.

Have fun and hope we get there on that one day in September.

Yours

Anne Williams
Collingwood London Supporters Club
Events Manager
07906 592 702

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> London Supporters Group and Putney Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: