Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#7 Jarrod Molloy

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kaz7 Aries

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 10:51 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah Lisey I just love your unstinting devotion. You go girl!!! Cool
RayByrneForPOPE Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2003 1:03 am

Well Jarrod Molloy virtually carried the Pies forward line in his first year was sensational, last year was injury interupted but if Molloy was Fit in last years Granny we would have one it. I reckon he has been sensational this year up forward topping it off with BOG against Richmond. Since then he has had about 5 mins on ground, now dropped to Willy he was BOG last week by a mile. So come on he is trying his guts out for the PIES. People seem to forget its not about stats as in disposals, watch the game Molloy does it all, his goal assists are unreal, we get goals from nowhere with him up forward. I reckon with Molloy playing we will win the flag, without Molloy we could! Jeese ya dont need tough and FIT (this year) players like Molloy in first quarter of a Granny do YA? C'mon Lets BRING Back Jarrod Molloy PLEASE!

Ps If we trade Molloy for Nathan Brown what do ya reckon's gunna happen to Neon and Rupe etc. COme of it we dont wont Brown he doesnt run couldnt give a rats tossbag about the Pies just after the cash! I'd rather Keep Leon Rupe and the Gutsiest Hardest player in the league JARRRRRROD MOLLOY.........

GO PIES
vamp7 Gemini

ladymagpie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2003 2:17 am

Jarrod has not left yet Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
He is absolutely fabulous on an off the feild, I know him and Sponsor him this thread would just devostate him Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad
some of you have short memories, change the subject its making me sick............

Brown26 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2003 8:27 am

Molloy had a couple of very good games in the middle of the year, and has really tunred it on for Willy. There is always room for a fit Jarrod Molloy in the Collingwood team, which is why they've offered him a one year contract. If you break it down I think he probably is in our best 22, but you don't disrupt a team who has won three on the trot going into the finals in what will probably be the 2003 GF prelude. You don't drop a midielder for a tall forward at this point of the year when everything is going well and you're happy with the team make up - Presti was bought in for swan, look for Tex to play more in the midfield than backline this week - unfortunately Molloy isn't play well enough and isn't mobile enough, and therfore would disrupt the team balance too much IMO.

I think MM is happy with this game plan and this team make up for the finals, if Molloy wants an extended contract, and we would love him to get one, I think he needs to bulk DOWN and get more mobility, and that means an uninterupted preseason, something he hasn't been able to do in a while.

The club are offering a one year so that Jarrod can prove his fitness, if he was fit all year I think he'd be playing finals right now.

- Ben
GeekUSA 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2003 12:45 pm

I think Jarrad is still some value for the Club. Tall/bulky forwards don't grow off trees. He is a very good backup if tazza / Rocca breaks down during the season. We don;t really have any in reserve would could come in and fill this role. As good as Walker's been in the last few weeks, i stil feel Jarrad would be useful in a big match situation.

I really don't like Nathan Brown. He is too individualistic for my liking. I rather recruit someone who is young and up&coming so that he can be mold into the team as required by Mick.

my two cents
tdesmaele 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2003 1:59 pm

The thing which I've noticed about Molloy this year is that he isn't chasing as hard as he did in 2001. Is it fitness? Lack of effort? Attitude?

In 2001 he's defensive effort was fantastic. There was games where he would chase guys right back into defensive 50. His tackle stats were fantastic that year.

However that's 2 years ago and at this stage I only see him as a backup tall forward and perfer Kinnear as the 3rd tall in the forward line. And next year hopefully the 3rd tall forward role will go to Davidson.

I also can't see Molloy getting a regular game in the seniors next season. Especially with guys like Davidson, Nixon, Walker, Swan, Cam Cloke, Maxwell and Richards coming through the ranks. He needs to work on the attitude, conditioning and fitness and get back to his 2001 form to warrant anything more than a 1 year deal.

Even if he is a backup and playing mostly for Williamstown next season this is still going to help as each club needs 1-2 backup tall forwards to cover injuries.

As for playing him down back that's a waste of time. We already have enough tall defenders with Nixon, Walker and Maxwell coming through the ranks. Add our regulars (Clement, Lonie, Wakelin, Cloke and Presti) and that's depth.

Anyway all the best to Molloy and hopefully he can turn it around. A 2001 Molloy would be very handy right now.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2003 2:01 pm

Sorry, I don't do math.
Miss_Lisey_Molloy Taurus

Keith Urban - CMA 2005 Entertainer Of The Year!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2003 4:59 pm

Hey Vamp7 i stood up for Jarrod and so did a lot of others... i dont think he'd be upset with that part.

Jarrod, if you read this! We love you, and we want you to stay! I hope you continue to play for the pies Smile because you are an absolute legend and a superstar!

Love always, Alyssa xoxo

Jarrod Molloy's #1 Fan! Pies are Premiers in 2010!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: