Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#7 Jarrod Molloy

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 10:06 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to say this as Molly's one of my favourite players but I have been really disappointed watching him in the last month. The fact is he just can't seem to be able to chase other players anymore, you see him take one step in the time it takes for the opponent to take two. Molloy has been a great player, but I think his time's up.
creedymagpie Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 10:47 pm

Tessa you have your opinions and i have mine, iam not biased with any comment i made in that post while i think you were.

I said that he wasnt in our best 22 in which you replyed-
Quote:
Then why is it for the two games he played at Willy he was BOG or close to it?

How many BOG's has Ben Kinnear had for Willi and he still is a fringe player.

How could he be in our future plans when we are all about youth and Disapline. I know Malthouse loves him so he could be but i wopuldnt think so.

Quote:
If he is that bad why would the Dogs trade him for Brown? or are we going to Carlton to get Manson, maybe Richmond would give us Richo

Did i say they would? i dont think so! I meant trade him for a young player how can play like him, we are not going to get a trade like that, that only happens when you are dealing with Melbourne! Mick is not going to get a player that is a has been like Manton or Richo. Take notice before trying to take the piss!!!!!!!

Quote:
Do you ever get sick of being wrong?

As i said before these are opinions not statements so i dont think im wrong. We live in a democracy so we can vote because of opinions and because people vote different to me it doesnt make them wrong!

Quote:
you are a friggin idiot!

Well i wont do an ALF like you are as i think MOST of us are adults on this board either that or Mature, so i wont get into a slanging match, i just put on my opinions, i expected to get alot of opposition but didnt expect to get this!!!!

As a fellow Bee Gees fan i would have expected more!

AGE Aries

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 12:37 am

2 things.

1. Someone mentioned Didak, O'Bree, Burns and Davis are struggling to get games? Davis, yes. The others, er NO.

2. Someone's avatar has Bucks with a BL jumper on? WTF?!?!?!?
Colin G Wood 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 12:45 am
Post subject: Perhaps the Pink Magpies might be able to shed some light?Reply with quote

cobood Aquarius

In Bucks I trust!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 1:52 am

Dids Obie and Burns.... struggling to get a game I_love_clokey???.... u have gotta be kidding!!!!....
cobood Aquarius

In Bucks I trust!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 1:57 am

Hey David from Canberra....... grrrrrrrrrrr change ur avatar will ya!! Bucks is ours BLACK AND WHITE..... and has been for the past (please correct me if Im wrong) 9 read nine whole years!!!!!
Sybil 

floating fairy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 6:07 am

Molloy was very good in 2001, though probably lucky to get second in the Copie. He was hampered last year due to injury and hence ordinary. This year he has only performed well against less than stellar opposition. The bullocking I am sorry to say is in reality these days a bit of a myth. He is not fast enough to keep up with the players. His temperament often results in ill-conceived free kicks to the opposition. He has been a good clubman and served his purpose but to keep him on the list would just be holding someone back. You could draft someone young, they may turn out to be a gun but Molly's best is well behind him, partially due to injury. Also Scotland has been known to perform near the top of Willi week in week out without necessarily getting a call up.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 6:12 am

Did you think he was fast enough to keep up with the players?
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 8:37 am

If the Club thought Jarrod was worth a two year contract they would offer it to him.

At the end of the day the ball is in Jarrod's court so to speak.

If he is a great club man as I believe he will do the right thing and accept what's on offer. At his age he wants security and that is understandable, but Jarrod has to see both sides of the picture something his manager does not want him too.

I don't want to see him go, but if the right deal can be done then I see no problem.

Tess being a great player in the VFL does not mean your great in the AFL. Dimatina showed us that last year. Jarrod would be the first to admit his season has not been great.
CP 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 9:10 am

Molloy was brought to the club 3 seasons ago to add muscle to a very light list in terms of strength.

3 years is a long time in football.

People like Tarrant, Walker, Cloke, Fraser, Didak, O'Bree, Shaw, etc, etc, can all handle themselves nicely in the rough stuff nowadays...and get the ball to boot!!

Molloy can no longer do either, at least more effectively than those who are getting games.

MOLLOY = TRADE BAIT

Bulldogs are in a similar position to us when we got him. I'm sure they'd be well interested.
ConBigWig 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 10:56 am

This in no means is a personal attack on Jarrod, as he has been probably my favorite players over the last 3 years, with his hard hitting, pack braking runs. However I feel his time at Collingwood maybe over. He was brought to the club for a purpose, to add some steel and use he's courage to lead by example and that is exactly what he has done, but unfortunately, that's not what is required from him anymore, and his best football will not guarantee him a spot in Collingwoods best 22. It would be unfair to Jarrod to keep him at the club and playing him at Willy when he can be playing regular senior AFL football at another club. I'm sure Carlton, Bullbogs, Richmond, Geelong, North, would all be keen on him.

"Reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol"
MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 11:53 am

I'm trying to be unbiased here and use my head rather than my heart (which is not easy!) but I think Jarrod still has at least one more season in him at the Magpies. I agree that he's not needed in the same capacity as he was when he arrived but with guys like Leon and Dids still needing more consistency and Tazz ending up with the best full-back each week - Jarrod can still be another forward option. It would give Tazz the opportunity to run down the ground which he seems to enjoy and it also means Rocca doesn’t have to be stuck at full forward and can be utilised around the ground more when needed.

But I do think Jarrod needs to get back to his 2001 attitude where he lost weight, was injury free, worked hard and looked like he was really enjoying his footy. He's had some really good games this season but the few bad games have seen him frustrated, arguing with the umpies, not chasing hard enough and usually giving away free kicks – and I have no doubt Mick wouldn’t be impressed with that at all.

If his manager is trying to push for a better deal then Jarrod will be the one who misses out. I think at his age, with 2002 a write-off and an inconsistent 2003 – a one year contract is certainly better than no contract at all. It would give him the opportunity to really work hard on his fitness over the pre-season and give 2004 his best – hopefully with some great results.

Unfortunately I think his other options are either to retire (and hopefully stay around our Club) or move to a lower Club who could really benefit from his physical presence on the ground and ability to teach some of their younger kids (noooooooooooo!).

I certainly hope he has another year with the Mighty Pies and that he can finish his career on a high and in a B&W jumper. And after playing almost a full season it would be really disappointing to not see him get a run in at least one final – regardless of what his future holds.

GO PIES & GO MOLLY!
Marg
Miss_Lisey_Molloy Taurus

Keith Urban - CMA 2005 Entertainer Of The Year!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 12:46 pm
Post subject: No No! Jarrod has to stay!Reply with quote

Jarrod may not of had his best season, but thats because people like you DONT GIVE HIM A CHANCE!!!! Jarrod is an absolute legend! I know he is capable of doing fantastic things! He can kick stacks of goals in a game and gain lots of possessions! He wont play well if hes on the bloody bench! I know Jarrod is my favourite player, I know you all think Im only saying this because i love him, but what i am saying is true!

Jarrod has 7 more years in him i reckon! Smile Jarrod can turn a game around! Jarrod can do all these fantastic 1 percenters! Jarrod can do so many clearances! Jarrod is a legend! Jarrod is a star!
You cannot possibly trade him!!!!!

He is good for the young kids!!
He is so good for the team!
Jarrod is a part of Collingwood! We took him in! You cant just send him away! You wouldnt ditch Collingwood if you werent happy with them, would you!!!!

GO JARROD!!!!

Love always, Alyssa xoxo

Jarrod Molloy's #1 Fan! Pies are Premiers in 2010!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
Hired-Goon Aries

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 7:01 pm

Very well said, alyssa....couldn't of put it better myself Wink
Sultan of spin Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 7:48 pm

Molloy said on talking footy he was seriously thinking about retiring at end of season and at the momment that is looking more and more likely so i think talk of him wanting a 2 year deal is bull. He if is considering retiring why would he want a 2 year deal? I think he will either stay at Collingwood for one more year or retire I can't see him being used as trade bait and would be disapointed if he was cos that would show disrespect to a guy that has done a lot for the club. Anyway Molloy and a pick for Brown? Dogs would never agree to this deal cos Molloy has got at best 1-2 years left and Brown probably has 8, plus Brown is there best player and Molloy is only fringe at Collingwood at the momment so this deal would be very unfair on the Dogs

Last edited by Sultan of spin on Sat Sep 06, 2003 12:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: