Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#7 Jarrod Molloy

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 2:34 pm
Post subject: #7 Jarrod MolloyReply with quote

As much as I admire Molloy I find it irritating that his manager would leak a story to the australian newspaper headed "Molloy on the Move"

Apparently Molloy has been insecure about his position in the side even though he has had support from Mick

he was given an option to sign a one year deal quite awhile ago and negotiations had been continuing

his manager quinlan (no not bernie) has seen fit to start using the press in order to get a contract to his liking.

well the pies have told quinlan that all negotiations are off until the end of the year now

there is a real chance that molloy will either retire or head somewhere else next year
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 2:39 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

There's your trade to the Bulldogs - Molly and draft pick for Brown
geordie_matt 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 4:23 pm

Damien wrote:
There's your trade to the Bulldogs - Molly and draft pick for Brown

as much as i like molloy because he is hard i would take that deal because brown has kicked over 50 goals from the pocket and he would add another major goal kicker to our forward line and with bucks getting on a bit he could also play on the ball so we can rest him
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 5:06 pm

It’s a pity as you said Member; Player Managers pursue contracts to the detriment of their players concerned. They have and always will be swayed by the almighty god they call the dollar. Molloy is a good clubman and does a good job clubs nights as well as other functions. He will be a loss if that’s the case.

In saying that it could be a win deal for both the dogs and us if they take him. Whether he is traded for Murphy or Brown. As a young team they are Molloy will give them that protection that they need to build. Our team has gone past the reliance of Molloy in a physical and in maturity.

I can understand Molloy wanting more than a years contract, but his year to date has not been the greatest.
creedymagpie Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 5:14 pm

OK i know i will cop crap for this but reality has to be told!

Molloy is not in our best 22

He acts like Mathew Richardson when he doesnt get the ball and we dont need that at Collingwood.

There are players at willi who would do anything for a game and i think most of them would do a better job.

I have seen him play a couple of good games at the start of this year and one sice (richmond and they are shite!)

He is not in our future plans and would be almost certain to be traded.

I have had alot of time for Molloy especially last year when he was injured but this year he has disapointed me with his Temper and bad form. He would be a good inclusion at Carlton, Richmond or Bulldogs. We might be able to get a sharp shooter like brown if we are lucky.

As i said i expect to cop flack over this post but im a realist not a friggin idiot!

AGE Aries

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 6:36 pm

I don't think he has had the best season this year. But at times he has been good. The temper thing has let him down a lot this year too. But when he was on Talking Footy last month he seemed to reject trade talk and mentioned he'd possibly retire at year's end.
kaz7 Aries

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 8:33 pm

Hey Tess
YOU GO GIRL!!!! Cool

AGE Aries

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 8:41 pm

FIRE UP TESSA! Lucky for him you didn't hear him talking about the Bee Gee's. PHEW!

Last edited by AGE on Thu Sep 04, 2003 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Joe 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 8:43 pm

Sorry Tess but I really think that creedy is on the ball with all his comments except the one about most of Willi players doinga better job.
He has been getting less and less game time,and it appears I repeat appears he has alot of animosity possibly with the club.
I like his physical toughness but I think his days are numbered as well.
Hired-Goon Aries

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 9:19 pm

Nah, I'm with tess all the way...you go gal!
STOKA35 Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 9:29 pm

one way to make a name for yourself or get more than a 1 year contract split the finals series open you can do it.
Slayer 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 9:34 pm

Molloy not even named as an emergency this week - something is definitly not right.

I think its disappointing - the guy doesnt get enough ground time, and people say he doesnt do enough for the time he is on.

Fraser was only jus cruising this year until he got given the ruck duties fulltime, now he's on fire.

U cant expect Molly to fire from the bench.

Writings on the wall tho ... doesnt look good for his long term future at pieland.

TRELOS 

TRELOS

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 9:41 pm

i reckon try and keep Molloy for 1 more season, wen his at his best no1 can stop him and we need that type of person at the club that can throw his weight around because atm its really only him and Rocca who are our enforcers....i dunno if ppl notice but Pebs doesnt mind cleaning up the odd person if they get in the way of his lead, and they rarely get up in a hurry
I_love_Clokey Aries

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 9:42 pm

We cant get rid of Molloy he is a heaps good player and why in the hell would Mick and the other coaching staff think about trading him for Brown. Molloy is a big body player and your trading him for a smaller foward pocket player when you have got Didak, Davis, O'Bree and Burns to name a few and some of those guys are struggling to get a game if we trade Molloy we really need some help!!
Stan Magro 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 10:00 pm

The problem with Molloy is that he doesn't contribute much in the goals department, how long can you carry a player who only gets 4 or 5 possessions in the forward line and doesn't contribute on the scoreboard

He is tough at it and he does a lot of work to clear the way for players but we need him to kick goals, I feel Molloy has been superseded by Tex Walker who is being groomed to play a similar roll to Molloy.

Maybe now is the time to try Molloy in the backline, he played there in his days at Fitzroy and was a good player.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: