Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Virus alert

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2000 11:34 am
Post subject: Virus alertReply with quote

One of you good people has a virus in your computer. The virus, the W95.Hybris.Gen.dr virus, is an email virus that sends email to people in your address book without your knowledge.

The email shows the sender as Hahaha and the subject as Snowhite and the Seven Dwarfs - The REAL story!

Contents:
Today, Snowhite was turning 18. The 7 Dwarfs always where very educated and polite with Snowhite. When they go out work at mornign, they promissed a *huge* surprise. Snowhite was anxious. Suddlently, the door open, and the Seven Dwarfs enter...

and there is an attachment named one of the following:
sexy virgin.scr
joke.exe
midgets.scr
dwarf4you.exe

The attachment is a new copy of the virus and must not be opened unless you want to infect your machine. There is no danger of infection unless you open the attachment, so if you receive the email, just delete it.

We have an email address hidden in the code of the bb that is only visible to browsers. Any mail received for that address has been sent automatically by a computer and is immediately suspect. We do this as an early warning for email viruses that might spread through our community. The email was sent to that address which means that it has come from a computer belonging to a user of the bb.

There is no risk of infection from this or any virus from using the bulletin board.

[This message has been edited by Mike (edited 24 December 2000).]
Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2000 11:51 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

well my computer prob has about a million viruses oh well

"sexy virgin.scr" oops this virus cant be on mine then!

COLLINGWOOD: TIME TO LIVE UP TO THE NAME

the prez 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2000 1:05 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Good warning Mike.I received this Snow White email for the 2nd time this week and promptly deleted it.Very suspect as it didn't even have my email address on it.My apologies if my system has brought the virus to this board.

GO WOODS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: