Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Brodie cops 2

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yobbo^LuKa Libra

=[(World Champion)]=

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 12:02 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Wilo been hanging out with Matty Lloyd? He may have been hit...but wow what a dive.

PITY WILO COULDNT DIVE LIKE THAT TO TAKE A MARK FOR THE PIES WHEN WE HAD HIM!
Pied Piper Aries

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 12:03 am

Was Williams an over-rated piece of shit when he played for Collingwood?

I don't care what he did. I won't stand by any player for hitting anyone. No matter what colours they happen to wear. Show toughness on the ball - don't whack people off it when they're looking the other way.

Pied Piper Aries

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 12:15 am

Tess, I admired Paul Williams and still do. I was quoting Joffa with the over-rated stuff. I can deal with the fact he's gone fine. I'm just saying whether he roped Brodie in or not, no excuses... now he's out for two and that's what I'm peeved about, because ultimately like it or not he's only got himself to blame.
joffa_the_man_in_gold 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 12:25 am

the_weed wrote:
Tess, I admired Paul Williams and still do. I was quoting Joffa with the over-rated stuff. I can deal with the fact he's gone fine. I'm just saying whether he roped Brodie in or not, no excuses... now he's out for two and that's what I'm peeved about, because ultimately like it or not he's only got himself to blame.

Well Andrew i guess we better agree to disagree and move on, however i have noted your bias.
thank you

Joffa Corfe

email.. joffa@magpies.net
Pied Piper Aries

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 12:36 am

bias? towards whom?

I wouldn't say I'm the one who's biased. I'm not saying Willo shouldn't have got pinged. I'm just saying Brodie has done the crime and will have to do the time.

And it's only because in one sense we agree: I'm just pissed off we won't have him for the next two weeks. I think he's let himself and us down.

Where we differ is, I won't excuse him because he wears black and white. Now that's bias!

I know it's the job of a bulletin board like this to be parochial, but unfortunately I was born with two eyes, not just one.

Dark Lord Capricorn

He's back...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 12:49 am

I have to agree with Weed. You can call Nick Davis a Traitor (and some people distasefully chose to do so via Banner), but I'm personally shocked at the venom being spat at Paul Williams. Williams was released by Collingwood. Full Stop.

Now, Williams being the veteran player he is, saw an opportunity to exploit the inexperience and the aggression of Holland. He provoked Holland without breaking the rules (be honest, if people were reported for "shirt-punches" there would be 20 people suspended a week) and Holland responded with an ugly punch.

He pleaded guilty and got 2 weeks. Fair decision. Cope with it.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 12:53 am

Sorry Weed but if you read the reports, the actual perpetrator of this incident was Willo. Brodie was the retaliator. I'm NOT whinging about Brodie getting a holiday but I hate double standards & hypocrisy dude. I HATE perpetrators getting away with intentionally inciting a physical response from somebody by doing a physical act behind the play, and then acting all bloody innocent. That the perpetrator happened to be Willo, an ex magpie has nothing to do with my point, he could be Kouta or Carey for all I care. Its the principle that shits me when the AFL turn a very convenient blind eye towards perpetrators and hit the retaliator with everything they have. Bugger double standards good dude.

Esto Collingwood Perpetua!

Lazza
Pied Piper Aries

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 12:58 am

I don't disagree Lazza, however my only concern is Brodie's action and we agree on that much. I think I've said more than enough on this topic now though. Over and out...
joffa_the_man_in_gold 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 1:09 am

Dark Lord wrote:
I have to agree with Weed. You can call Nick Davis a Traitor (and some people distasefully chose to do so via Banner), but I'm personally shocked at the venom being spat at Paul Williams. Williams was released by Collingwood. Full Stop.

Now, Williams being the veteran player he is, saw an opportunity to exploit the inexperience and the aggression of Holland. He provoked Holland without breaking the rules (be honest, if people were reported for "shirt-punches" there would be 20 people suspended a week) and Holland responded with an ugly punch.

He pleaded guilty and got 2 weeks. Fair decision. Cope with it.

Mate the banner calling davis a traitor was beautiful and very correct..davis has his head so far up his arse he will never see day light he walked out of this club and that makes him very much a dirty vile vomit like disgusting traitor and thats putting it mildly.

Give us a break will ya !!

Joffa Corfe

joffa_the_man_in_gold 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 1:11 am

Well what i bloody saw wasn't just a shirt punch !!!!

Joffa Corfe

Dark Lord Capricorn

He's back...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 1:14 am

I never said he wasn't a Traitor. I just said that it was distaseful to put it in banner form 9 months after the event. Hell, I hate what Nick Davis did to Collingwood. I hate that he suddenly found form as soon as he moved north. He is a Traitor to the Pies.

But I just found the Banner was a bit much.

Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 10:18 am

If you have something to say bring it out into the open I reckon. That banner represented what a lot of Collingwood people were thinking and when shown on tv I'd bet that more of us were yelling "yeah you mongrel" rather than "my that's distasteful."

If it's a spade call it a spade....don't tiptoe around it and make out it's a shovel. GREAT BANNER!!!!

As for Brodie, I think we should be happy with the 2 weeks - it could have been worse. It was in line with A.Stevens 2 weeks so I think it's fair. Willo should have been cited too and I think the media played a role in this not happening. I will take the other road....Brodie did what he did and is doing the time for his crime - that is accepted. Now let's move on to other matters...Willo is not my most hated player (not in davis' league) but it's a legit question to ask why he is not answering charges for his actions.

We've established Brodie is guilty. Do those of you defending Willo's actions believe Willo to be not guilty of anything? Provocation is not what I'm talking about....I'm talking about a whack to the lip, a reportable offense. If fair is fair it should have been looked into....then if he's not guilty (my ass he's not) the tribunal should clear him. It was not investigated at all, not even looked at. Fair or biased? I too was born with two eyes and I'm looking at the FULL picture.

All WA Magpies join the Western Magpies now:
http://www.westernmagpies.com
(At least go and sign the guestbook).
Pied Piper Aries

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 12:18 pm

Blanch wrote:
We've established Brodie is guilty. Do those of you defending Willo's actions believe Willo to be not guilty of anything? Provocation is not what I'm talking about....I'm talking about a whack to the lip, a reportable offense. If fair is fair it should have been looked into....then if he's not guilty (my ass he's not) the tribunal should clear him. It was not investigated at all, not even looked at. Fair or biased? I too was born with two eyes and I'm looking at the FULL picture.

Blanch, I don't see anyone defending Willo's actions towards Brodie Holland - quote it if you can find it - although some, including yours truly, have defended him from the kind of treatment meted out to Nick Davis, which is a separate matter.

In my case, I've simply said that whatever Willo did, it's irrelevant as far as Brodie's concerned. Being born with two eyes, that means not trying to make excuses or otherwise deflect attention from the actions of one of our own. Cop it sweet, I say.

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 12:24 pm

the_weed wrote:

In my case, I've simply said that whatever Willo did, it's irrelevant as far as Brodie's concerned. Being born with two eyes, that means not trying to make excuses or otherwise deflect attention from the actions of one of our own. Cop it sweet, I say.

I'd have to agree with that. He punched him, it was as plain as day, Brodie must cop it sweet for doing so.
Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 2:50 pm

Weed, if you read my post it actually says that Brodie is guilty and that had been established. I'm willing to cop Brodie's suspension sweet. My point is that that issue is finished....dealt with, move on to the next issue - Williams.

Whatever Willo did to Brodie won't get Brodie off but why no investigation? Why not view the full footage? I made comment in earlier about Brodie's trial by media being ridiculous.

Brodie got 2 weeks - fair
Willo not even investigated - fair???? please explain this to me in sesame street language as I don't get how that is fair.

And yes, IMO Davis is in a league of his own regarding ex players and how I feel about them - don't really want to start another ND thread though so please if you wish to bring me to task on this comment can we make it a PM.

All WA Magpies join the Western Magpies now:
http://www.westernmagpies.com
(At least go and sign the guestbook).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: