Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Brodie cops 2

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jonesy Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 9:39 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair call Tessa, the fewer opinionated jerks like that around Collingwood, not to mention society in general, the better.

Win one Brownlow and you can say whatever you like apparently!?!
Pied Piper Aries

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 9:42 pm

Sorry Joffa, but whatever Williams did or did not do to Brodie Holland doesn't matter. It's beside the point. It doesn't change the fact that Brodie slugged him - two weeks, gone, end of story.

I know everyone's disappointed he's not going to be with us, but in the end excuses are irrelevant. I'm disappointed in him, for doing such a dumb thing on the eve of the finals.

Thankfully, MM is not shutting him out:

“This man is playing for his life skills as much as his football skills.”

“I would hate to think that a young man’s progress in finals is halted by a rash action,” Malthouse said.

(from Telstra afl.com.au - read the full text at
http://afl.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=115718)

Brodie and the rest of us will just have to pray we make at least the second week of the finals, because we're going to miss him in the meantime. We really needed him and that's why I'm so annoyed!

Weed

STOKA35 Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 10:02 pm

lucky to get 2 and get of for kneeing we should take it and let it rest and just put it in the memory bank.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 10:19 pm

Spot on Stoka.

Cop it sweet and get him freshened up for his next game Smile
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 10:28 pm

the_weed wrote:
I don't see any evidence that Brodie's been singled out -

Not singled out? Parkin claiming it was 'worse than Sinclair', the hatchet job done by the hacks at the Hun , quoting 'unamed Swans players etc' not to mention the 'crying' done by the AW reporter at the tribunal (the latter after the event, though does demonstrated the 'witch hunt' aspect of the media's reporting of this case).

I'm not saying the he didn't cuff him, or didn't deserve two weeks...I actually had him booked for 4 after the trial by media he copped. Where was all this 'balanced' reporting when dog Matera elbowed Locks (iirc) into next week last season
I@n S 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 10:31 pm

the_weed wrote:
Sorry Joffa, but whatever Williams did or did not do to Brodie Holland doesn't matter. It's beside the point. It doesn't change the fact that Brodie slugged him - two weeks, gone, end of story.

I know everyone's disappointed he's not going to be with us, but in the end excuses are irrelevant. I'm disappointed in him, for doing such a dumb thing on the eve of the finals.

“I would hate to think that a young man’s progress in finals is halted by a rash action,” Malthouse said.

Brodie and the rest of us will just have to pray we make at least the second week of the finals, because we're going to miss him in the meantime. We really needed him and that's why I'm so annoyed!

Weed

Spot on there. I agree that what he did was stupid. Paul Willams is not to blame IMO. He was just doing a job and Holland couldn't hadle it. We don't complain when a Collingwood player does what Willams did.(Willams was just grabbing and pulling his jumper right?) Maybe people are getting carried away just because he's a forma Magpie.
Don't forget he wished us the best of luck going into the grand final!!!
Pied Piper Aries

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 10:37 pm

London Dave wrote:
the_weed wrote:
I don't see any evidence that Brodie's been singled out -

Not singled out? Parkin claiming it was 'worse than Sinclair', the hatchet job done by the hacks at the Hun , quoting 'unamed Swans players etc' not to mention the 'crying' done by the AW reporter at the tribunal (the latter after the event, though does demonstrated the 'witch hunt' aspect of the media's reporting of this case).

You've quoted me a little out of context there London Dave. What I went on to say was Stevens got two weeks, so did Brodie Holland. The tribunal was at least consistent in that regard. What the media might say about it is irrelevant to both the action and, as it happened, the outcome.

As Stoka says, it's done now and it could have been worse. Cop it sweet, don't make excuses, and move on.

Weed

freddie foxx 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 10:52 pm

Suppose its a good result, i guess cole will replace him and maybe either rupes or leon could get a recall also.
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 11:09 pm

the_weed wrote:
You've quoted me a little out of context there London Dave. What I went on to say was Stevens got two weeks, so did Brodie Holland. The tribunal was at least consistent in that regard. What the media might say about it is irrelevant to both the action and, as it happened, the outcome.

...and Stevens got the same press as Holland????? Holland got 'singled out' big time, admittedly Sinclair was copping the bad press, but even Sinclair was defended somewhat by the 'out of character' line. Parkins call, and the hack piece in the Hun were what I would consider somewhat out of line, in comparison to the Stevens case, for example. The Hun in particular, another example of an 'opinion' piece masquerading as 'news', and of the trend in hack land to confuse 'editorial' with 'factual'.

At the end of the day, he copped 2, which is fair, I'd booked him for 4, but it seems the tribunal puts as much value in the Hun as an organ of evenhandedness as I do.
TaZ_LuVs_EmIn3m Gemini

*~KeViN is GoRjOuZ~*

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 11:13 pm

awww i know u will all think im bein biased coz he is 1 of me favs but its ashame that he got suspended! i mean i was told by everyone he would get 4!! he is lucky to get 2 but im gonna miss him heaps luv ya champ!
Interesting more Sinkers than Floaters....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
Pied Piper Aries

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 11:15 pm

You're talking about the press, LD. I'm talking about how the cases were treated by the tribunal. Two different things.
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 11:24 pm

Oh, singled out by the tribunal...must have missed that in your post somwhere!
Pied Piper Aries

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 11:31 pm

Confused

the_weed wrote:
I don't see any evidence that Brodie's been singled out - Anthony Stevens also copped two last week for hitting Nick Holland off the ball. Had he copped less, everyone from every other club would have been saying "one rule for Collingwood"... (as some of you are now)

That's what I wrote London Dave - no mention of the press. They are irrelevant to what happened.

London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 11:44 pm

or of tribunal
joffa_the_man_in_gold 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 11:46 pm

I@n S wrote:
the_weed wrote:

Weed

Spot on there. I agree that what he did was stupid. Paul Willams is not to blame IMO. He was just doing a job and Holland couldn't hadle it. We don't complain when a Collingwood player does what Willams did.(Willams was just grabbing and pulling his jumper right?) Maybe people are getting carried away just because he's a forma Magpie.
Don't forget he wished us the best of luck going into the grand final!!!

That is bullshit !!!

Look one rule for everyone, brodie got 2 weeks well why wasnt williams booked for punching brodie if you havnt seen the whole incident on television then your looking pretty bloody stupid.

ONE BLOODY RULE FOR EVERYONE.

SO brodie hit williams good on him williams is only an over rated piece of shit...now i will ask again WHY WASNT WILLIAMS REPORTED FOR SMACKING HOLLAND?????

Joffa Corfe

email.. joffa@magpies.net
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4   

Jump to: