Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Essendon vs Collingwood - Pretty Much Sold Out

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hired-Goon Aries

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 9:15 pm
Post subject: Essendon vs Collingwood - Pretty Much Sold OutReply with quote

Oh my god, not again!! My mates and i have once again missed out on Ess-Coll seats....everything now sold out except for AFL members standing area....does this mean that good ol' don burke can have a break for a week...OMG!! a live match on nine?! aren't they like forced if it's sold out?

Aaah!
I@n S 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 10:24 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure. But all I know is I'm going because I have a season ticket with reserved seat for home games Very Happy
We'll proberly lose to them any how because the umpires love them. Sad
Hired-Goon Aries

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 10:40 pm

No!! We can't lose to them! my little brother has been trying to go for essendon for the past month or so....i've got him to this match...he'll go for whoever wins!! AAAHH!
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 12:12 am

ah 4 once i have reserved seats so i dont have to bother rocking up early.
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 3:51 am

and for the Melbourne viewers:

TV delay for Friday game
By SHAUN PHILLIPS, sports affairs reporter
26aug03

CHANNEL Nine will not show a live broadcast of Friday's finals defining blockbuster between Collingwood and Essendon despite the match being a sell-out.

Nine could request a live broadcast, but instead will stick with Burke's Backyard in the 7.30pm timeslot

http://heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,7066479%255E2862,00.html

M@®© Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 8:04 am

Its bloody stupid its fair enough they cant show it live if all tickets aint sold but all the tickets have been sold they should show it live into Melbourne ........ its not as exciting watching it 1 hour later and im a person who just cant wait till when its on i need to know how there going on the spot it adds to the excitement specially if its close game
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 9:24 am

Anyone would think Don is "The Don" the way his show gets treated. They have had Coz Cordone on 927 and he is speaking the biggest load of crap ever. Ch 9 moved heaven and earth to get the rights for the footy yet "The Don" gets precedence. Burkes Backyard is a pre recorded show so would it be such a big deal if it isnt shown for one week ??

jlc

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 1:01 pm

yeh "footy on nine" toss toss. what a fkn crock. "footy on nine, but not if dons on"

wankers. they reckon they r the superior footy shower. pffft

channel 7 were better.

im going to the game but id prefer when i watch it later on to not have to fast forward big blocks of ads (unlike wen its live and they can only put 1 on at a time).
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 1:01 pm

If you want a laugh read this article.....

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,7070063-23211,00.html

Ch 9 aint serious i dont think about footy.

jlc

Hired-Goon Aries

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 1:31 pm

Oh my god....****...i bet you don burke doesn't get any viewers.... channel 9 are goddamned thick, they don't respect afl rights Sad ...BOMARD THEM WITH CALLS!! If we all call they'll crack!

offensive language edited - AnthonyC for the mods
Lorelei Pisces

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 1:33 pm

Sorry Ed - it hasn't been an issue for 21 weeks because no match has sold out on a Friday night.

And as for Len Downes - what a load of rubbish as well. "We can't let people know in time..." bull - considering it is Tuesday and the game is Friday that is plenty of time. A match that is broadcast live gets heaps more attention in both the media - print and electronic as well as word of mouth.

This isn't just any Friday night match - FFS who cares about Burke's Backyard anyway when half of the country is on water restrictions anyway and can't grow a garden to begin with??

Jen

**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**

Floreat Pica
M@®© Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 2:30 pm

CQ no way footy was better om 7 ...just how many games did we see on channel 7 and i mean actual full length games not the highlights channel 7 used to show well thats in melbourne anyway i cant comment on other states .......i see more footy now on 9 and 10 than i ever seen on channel 7. Channel 7 only showed live games interstate to melb people i dont recall seeing any full length games on 7 unless it was a friday night and im pretty sure all the rest they showed was interstate matches im so glad 7 dont have the footy i recall there highlights u were lucky to see 20 minutes of footy in a 1 hour show. least now u see full length replays on both networks as well as foxtel .....im sure some cant afford foxtel but thats the way its going to be as its a $$$$$$$$ industry
AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 2:35 pm

In Ed's defense (as if he needs help) he can't really publicly bag his employer now can he. And of course what a stupid excuse, the obvious precedent is the 1990 2nd Rnd Pies-dons game at Waverley. What a really stupid thing to say, "We can't let people know...", dumb just dumb.
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 2:37 pm

Footy was way way better on ch7. When your team played interstate more often than not the game was LIVE. Ch 9 i dont think values football as much as CH 7 did. You must also remember for the most part PAY TV was not around then. So please dont confuse the PAY TV coverage with the CH 9 coverage.

jlc

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 3:35 pm

These posts were posted in another duplicate topic.

orie

Post subject: standing room only v Bummers
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:

Just got back from Vic park after training.Even though I knew I had left it late, I still thought I might get a couple of tix up in the rafters, but it sold out yesterday.
I also went to the office and asked if it was true they had sold out for the Copeland. Apparently tickets sold out Tuesday afternoon. My sister and I were extremely disappointed to say the least and expressed that we thought it seemed unfair that season ticket holders did not even get a look in. When I queried if there were restrictions on the number of tickets social club members could purchase,the young lady who was very sympathetic , seemed to concur that the club would need to look at the situation for the future . I think that as it stands a member could purchase a number of tickets for friends who do not necessarily need to even be paying members. This doesn't seem fair to others. If you agree with this, let the club know how you feel.

------------------------

Daks is a Champ

Post subject:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
what so all the tix for the game against essendon are all sold out? ur <snip> kiddin me...

Language Removed - Joel for mods

-------------------------

swooper

Quote:
No, I got told on Friday arvo that only standing room was left.
I will also be contacting the club regarding my disappointment on missing out on Copeland tix - doesnt seem fair somehow that season tic holders dont even get a chance to buy a ticket. I think its important if others feel the same way to let the club know that you are not happy. This is the onlyt way we will see change and maybe next year they just might do something about it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: