Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Dutchy in trouble

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 8:35 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have a good look at the freeze frames in The Age today, you see that Brodie's fist is already past William's face before Williams moves his head.

n other words, Brodie through a fresh air punch and Williams has taken a dive.

http://www.theage.com.au/ffxImage/urlpicture_id_1061663736326_2003/08/25/brodie_final.jpg

Not that I expect the Tribunal to "see" that - a behind the play king hit will likely result in 5 weeks after what Jess Sinclair got for an on-the-ball incident.
MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 9:58 am

It was a stupid thing to do, especially so close to the finals and he should have known better. Even if he only just connected (lets face it, if Brodie had REALLY connected Willo wouldn't have gotten up!) it was still reckless and although I'm hoping for one week, I think in line with the Stevens decision he might get two - but I don't think it warrants anything longer than that.

GO PIES!
Marg
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 10:02 am

I withdraw my earlier comments, the intent is there and he will go for 4 weeks. If Williams comes out and says he took a dive he will get 2.

Like Jess Sinclair he has been found Guilty and hanged before the trial and the people on the tribunal read Newspapers and Watch TV.

In today's paper he is labled the New Libba and that's Bullshit as he has been on the other end as well.

In saying that Malthouse needs to settle him down he is lucky not to have gone for going in with the knees as well.
neds elbow 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 10:34 am

David Parkin on Talking Footy last night said he considered it to be premeditated & therefore worse than Sinclairs incident. Thank god he's not on the Tribunal.
Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 10:52 am

I've had enough. What happened to a fair trial? This trial by media is disgraceful. There is no way that Brodie could get off now....the AFL would have egg on its face considering the uproar on Brodie.

Sour grapes sydney have jumped on the wagon to try to rub him out. I'm not saying he didn't swing but for god's sake let those involved tell the story, not a media intent on doing anything to see Collingwood fail.

F**k you trial by media! (Apologies for the language - mod can edit if need be).

All WA Magpies join the Western Magpies now:
http://www.westernmagpies.com
(At least go and sign the guestbook).
No. 35 Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 10:57 am

Does this mean his bimbo girlfriend wont be able to go to the brownlow this year ? I'm sure Sam will take her Wink

Anyhow, this incident makes me appreciate what MM has to put up with every week. What a job ! How do you get through to such an idiot. He's let us all down. But we'll need to forget about him and move on, his actions will not bring the team down, we'll replace him well enough. It'll be his loss, not ours.
ConBigWig 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 10:57 am

I can't believe everyone has missed it. The footage actually shows Williams punching Broadie on the jaw just before Broadie king hits him. I'm not suggesting Broadie should get off, but how about Williams? Why shouldn't he face the music as well? Clearly Broadie was provoked in this instance; therefore it should be taken into consideration when he goes before the tribunal.

"Reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol"
GreekLunatic 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 11:21 am

did he punch him or did it miss cause if that connected he would have been in the 2nd tier of the stand also if he did hit willams then there is no blood anywhere so i reckon it missed
The Zapper 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 11:37 am
Post subject: BrodieReply with quote

I don't think I've ever seen Brodie that angry in a game. He was really after williams so there must have been something happening between them from the start of the game.

However, that doesn't excuse him doing what he did. The hit was there and unfortunately I think he will go for three weeks. As distinct from the Stevens case, this was not in the vicinity of the ball so he'll get more than two.

The worse thing about is is that it changes the dynamics of the team. Lica will now have to get the main tagging roles again although Scotland's form will mitigate Brodie's loss to a degree.
MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 12:01 pm

They should definitely take into account what caused Brodie to react that way and Williams should admit what he did to provoke the situation. Of course what are the odds of that happening?!?!?!?!?!

GO PIES!
Marg
Pied Piper Aries

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 12:09 pm

Sorry Marg, irrelevant. He hit him; he'll go down. And deserves to. There are no excuses. We can't condemn Anthony Stevens from a week ago (a better comparison than Jess Sinclair) and try to get Brodie off the hook. He's let himself down and the team - poor discipline, simple as that.
dilly5 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 1:08 pm

I reckon considering it was Willo, Brodie should be rewarded three Brownlow votes.
ConBigWig 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 1:25 pm

the_weed wrote:
Sorry Marg, irrelevant. He hit him; he'll go down. And deserves to. There are no excuses. We can't condemn Anthony Stevens from a week ago (a better comparison than Jess Sinclair) and try to get Brodie off the hook. He's let himself down and the team - poor discipline, simple as that.

Why should it be just Boradie who has comes under the microscope. Williams punched Braodie first. Is it because Broadie could handle Williams punch that Williams doesn't get cited?
Double standards in my view.
As for the Jess Sinclair incident, complete different circumstances. Where do you even begin to compare?

"Reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol"
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 2:09 pm

why shouldnt he con? doesnt matter what happened b4 that. i didnt see williams throwing punches to the face, and if he did good on him but hes not the one going to the tribunal.

just bcos its our team doesnt excuse it. if others get pinged then so should he.

like the weed said poor discipline. mick will go off. our players are rarely at the tribunal bcos they are well disciplined.

have a look at essendon, do we want players there every week like they do? sheedy obviously isnt interested in discipline and self control.

Last edited by CQ on Tue Aug 26, 2003 2:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pied Piper Aries

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 2:10 pm

Sorry ConNose, irrelevant again. If Williams gets cited for punching Brodie first and is suspended, fine. That doesn't change the fact that Brodie punched Williams behind play. It's not on and there's no excuse.

I expect MM will be furious with Brodie, who has worked so hard only have let himself and the team down at the business end of the season with an undisciplined and unnecessary act.

And if you read my post more carefully, you'll see I made the direct comparison to Anthony Stevens, noting it was more applicable than the Jess Sinclair incident.

There was no excuse for what Stevens did and I don't see why Brodie Holland should be excused here just because he plays for my team. To say otherwise - well, that would be double-standards, wouldn't it?

Weed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: