Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Dutchy in trouble

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Im a hot pie chic 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 9:25 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Who are we playing next??????
Seth 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 9:39 pm

Very disappointing especially leading into a finals campaign. Oh well gives Betheras his chance or someone else. Cole should be an automatic back in anyway over McGough.
Piepark 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 9:53 pm
Post subject: Dutchy in trouble.Reply with quote

I reckon he'll miss our entire finals campaign to be brutally honest. King hit a player behind play, pretty full on. What the hell was going through his head !!! He is a such an important player to us. Christ, didn't he see the agony Jason Cloke went through missing last years Grand Final. All he needs is to be suspended for 3 weeks and we win our finals games and its season over for Brodie. What a tragedy and vital player to be missed. As for his replacement, I would put Leon ahead of Rupert if his form warrents it. We need a quick type of player and Rupert aint quick enough in my books.
Ah well thems the breaks.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 10:11 pm

No worse than Anthony Stevens. 2 weeks methinks.
ScottyMac Libra

Pride, Passion, Commitment, COLLINGWOOD

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 10:13 pm

"More discipline tony" This is not just aimed at Brodes but to ALL football players going into this time of year!!!

Things like the Holland incident CANNOT and SHOULD not be tolerated at this time of year.... I understand from brodie's point of view and from many it was very unlike him to hit someone in that mannar (normally it's brodes bein clocked) but this is the business end of the year. Skill, Talent etc are only a small part of this time of the season... the key to being a genuine finals chance is discipline and smart football!!! We need to keep this in mind from now on.. The umpires will be red hot on un-disciplined players and we at and being part of the CFC need not get stuck in the soft and childish mind games MANY other teams will try and suck us into. We are a far to good football side to be sucked into this.... lets play hard tough Colllingwood football and the rewards WILL come our way!!!
NR147 Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 10:19 pm

Actually I forgot about Stevens only getting 2 weeks and he hit Holland pretty hard as our holland didn't seem to make that much of a connection, so I think he will only get 1 week no more than 2 tho
peter_pies4ever 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 10:30 pm

He did the wrong thing and it is clearly shown on video footage what he has done. He should plead guilty and maybe could get a lighter sentence.
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 11:40 pm

2 weeks i reckon. punch was extremely obvious and clearly made contact (doesnt matter if it didnt actually do any damage)
DaicosMagic Scorpio

1970 Grand Final Boundary Umpire

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 12:19 am

He did a similar thing to Stafford in Round 1, so they will take that into account. Why, after the pain of missing out on last year's finals series, would he do something like that? He has become quite important for us in recent times, and if we were to play Brisbane in wek 1 (if results go the way of ladder positions) he would have been expected to keep Power quiet yet again. Th etype of team we are, we need all the closing down options we can use against the more naturally gifted sides. If guilty, he will get 1 to 2. There was some staging. You don't go to ground that easy from a quick 'slap' to the face, believe me.
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 12:34 am

it wasnt a SLAP, he used his fist. clearly a punch and deserves whatever the tribunal hands out.
AGE Aries

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 12:49 am

Sadly, I think he may have played his last game for 2003. If he does get rubbed out, which most likely will happen, bad way to end a fantastic year for him.
magpiefanatic 

Aged Pensioner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 1:46 am

Was listening to the radio this afternoon in Sydney, and heard that someone (didn't catch the name) had been cited. Knew it could only be someone from Collingwood or Sydney.

Now I friggen know and I am not happy. He is going to cop at least 2 weeks, stupid act at this crucial time of the year and is a real dampener on a great victory and weekend.

ughhhhhhhhhh Mad Mad Mad
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 3:29 am

Yes, he did the wrong thing, but to call him the new 'Libba' as the sore losers have done is beyond contempt.

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,7069098-23209,00.html

Holland the 'new Libba'
By Tim Morrissey and Bruce Matthews
August 26, 2003

COLLINGWOOD'S in your face tagger Brodie Holland is becoming the league's new Libba.

That's the label the Sydney Swans are pinning on the tight-checking Magpie who was cited yesterday for striking Paul Williams during the first quarter of Saturday night's game at Telstra Stadium.

M@®© Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 8:00 am

i think he will get 4 weeks unless he pleads guilty and he may get 3 but no less than that as it was behind play ....very disappointing by Brodie
woe_is_me Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 8:21 am

He should get two weeks. One for the strike, and one for STUPIDITY!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4   

Jump to: