Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Umpires corruption tonight!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 5:57 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I almost got used to the stupid decisions after a while. If I didn't know better I would have thought that the umpys were just giving the swans frees to appease the crowd.

Actually they probably were
Mad
chalky 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 6:40 pm

Don't usually post to bag umpires ( tough job) but some of their decisions were bewildering. There were times at the start where we would scream at the TV in disbelief and dismay but after a time actually got use to it!?
We would then call swans frees BEFORE they happened and were duly awarded lol. We had to laugh because the umpiring was so blatantly pathetic, inconsistant and incompetent - not cheating.
Those guys actually detracted from the players and the game.
bloody prima donnas. Remember the old umpiring adage "if we're not noticed we've done a good job" - hello, no brainer!!
Miss_Lisey_Molloy Taurus

Keith Urban - CMA 2005 Entertainer Of The Year!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 7:20 pm

Omg that umpiring was shocking! There was no consistency! I went mental, absolutely mental! Particulary in the last quarter!

What about that idiot goal umpire who said that the point, that was MOST definately a point, was out on the full? i think he called it out on the full! That was a very crap decision! Razz

Love always, Alyssa xoxo

Jarrod Molloy's #1 Fan! Pies are Premiers in 2010!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
NR147 Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 7:31 pm

Just having a look at the stats it was 25-15 in the Swans favour, but they recieved 4 from out of bounds and we recieved 6 so it was 21-9 in their favour. Evil or Very Mad
I@n S 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 7:51 pm

Back to the Bucks one where the umpire said it was touched. You never see a battsman in cricket being called back after he's been given out so why the hell does the umpire change the call so its a bounce instead of a mark to Bucks? Umpires have rocks in their heads
MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 9:06 pm

"was so blatantly pathetic, inconsistant and incompetent - not cheating."
chalky m8, there's no doubt that its a tough job, but we saw two umps who where "pathetic, inconsistant and incompetent" and one that was outright cheating!
you add all this to the time keepers giving them an extra 2 or so minutes in the last Quater.

did any-one else see the "down the ground" free kick paid against Ant? wasn't paid where it landed it was paid where it had been handballed to after a swan player it had been handballed it off.

maggie20ct Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 9:24 pm

yep i saw that too MM and wondered how much more stupid these umps can get.....cheating? im not to sure about that but definetly one eyed or maybe even just completely stupid
Pied Piper Aries

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 9:34 pm

There's an old saying - in the choice between a f***-up and a conspiracy, always go for the f***-up.

In other words, no, I don't think the umpires are cheating, but I've said before the umpiring this year has sunk to a new low. No way should that last quarter have travelled for nearly 34 minutes - someone's head needs to roll for that one.

Just to go against the grain for a moment, Matthew James is the one good umpire I can see out there at the moment. A shoo-in for the GF for his bouncing skills alone (I've never seen anyone get it so high!) and seems to have more respect from the players, too.

The Weed

lethalburns Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 10:16 pm

All I can say is this...

Two very crucial games to the interstate success of the game have gone against Collingwood.

Our grand final was bullshit.

I swear I have never seen a more obvious goal than the Roccas kick outside 50 in the last.(SEATED RIGHT BEHIND ROCCA) or a more obvious infringment on a player like White on Tarrent in goal square. Also Lynch received a free kick when Wakelin had his head under the steroid munching cheats armpit.

The Sydney game was bullshit.

Sydney players duck their heads SO much. Someone should bring to light that every time a Sydney player gets tackled above the waist they instinctivly duck for a free kick. I could not believe how many times they paid a free kick to a player ducking to create an illegal tackle. Yet we got hit head height very often and received nothing.

*Edited to remove sensitive word: rigged Smile
Pied Piper Aries

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 10:26 pm

Obviously, there are still plenty of conspiracy theorists out there... Wink
Slayer 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 10:45 pm

some ppl look for conspiracy's

others put their heads in the sand ... and will neva know

end verdict - the umpiring is a disgrace, and is protected by bureaucratic individuals who seem to score the top jobs in the AFL and umpires depts.

Pied Piper Aries

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 10:57 pm

I think it was Martin Blake in the Age this week who called for yet another umpiring summit at year's end to sort out the mess of different interpretations of different laws, from week to week. The Lone Ranger is not the only one to have no faith in Gieschen. Things ARE bad, no question. (I thought Schwab was good in his role as director of umpiring until he went back to Hawthorn to coach - if there's a summit I hope he's on it).

Weed

piepower 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 11:15 pm

Umpiring ws an absolute disgrace. Well done pies got over swans and bloody cheating umps. Go pies lets kick some bummers arse.
MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 12:32 am

conspiracy??? not all three umps, one umpire that umpires with a bias, a pre-concieved idea of who should win, one that pays free kicks only one way, ignoring frees to one side and paying them to the other, consistantly, from one who is supposed to be impartial and fair, what would you call it then?, f-up once, twice or half a dozen times sure, but when it's consistant, blatant and ultimately unfair then what would YOU call it?
Geoffy Pie 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 12:36 am

this is a very interesting topic, on the way home on the bus, a few of us were talking and we believed that the umpires were keeping sydney in the game, and the funny thing is we won yet we're still complaining, surely there MUST be something going on here it happens week in week out, it's time for something to be done because it really is becoming a joke.

This also ties in with the clock, the last qtr went for ages, someting was wrong there as well. Apart from that the game was great

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4   

Jump to: