Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Rush To SYDNEY

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 4:08 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not in an accommodating mood I'm afraid, you can Piss Off too, themase.
themase 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 4:15 pm

AnthonyC wrote:
I'm not in an accommodating mood I'm afraid, you can Piss Off too, themase.

Thanks mate. I appreciate it. I would be devistated if I didn't also receive such an honour.
Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 4:18 pm

themase...you really are showing your lack of brains here.

1. You have no idea what the club and ND dealt with. Like me you can only assume what has transpired by what has come out of ND's and Collingwood's mouth. To suggest we media banned him and treated him badly utter speculation and bullshit. FACT 1: ND said he wanted to stay in public and it was meant "for the record." You seem to not understand the word "integrity". If he wanted to go then that's fine, just be upfront about it. He wasn't. He played dirty and now he gets what he deserves - the swans...hahahaha.

2. To suggest if we'd won last year that he would have stayed - yes another quote - is an insult and continual poor treatment of a club who made him what he is today.

3. Finished with a cheap shot?? How about finished with a fact ?? or is that too difficult to comprehend?

4. Colless has attempted to take the piss previously (and made a fool of himself in the process) but this was not one of them. He finally realises what financial reward can come from Collingwood. We are the biggest and the best and he knows being involved with us only helps sydney.

5. To suggest that Collingwood isn't the reason for this weeks big crowd is kidding yourself. Maybe you should do some research and find out some facts on crowd attendances before you sprout your ill-informed crap. We are the reason for the buildup.

btw, how does piss off OUR webpage sound? Yes OURS - Collingwood supporters.

All WA Magpies join the Western Magpies now:
http://www.westernmagpies.com
(At least go and sign the guestbook).
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 4:19 pm

...and back to the topic. Idea
Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 4:35 pm

maybe we should take this PM themase. Other people don't need to see this.

All WA Magpies join the Western Magpies now:
http://www.westernmagpies.com
(At least go and sign the guestbook).
themase 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 4:36 pm

themase...you really are showing your lack of brains here.
Actually I am thinking outside the square. You're not.

1. You have no idea what the club and ND dealt with. Like me you can only assume what has transpired by what has come out of ND's and Collingwood's mouth. To suggest we media banned him and treated him badly utter speculation and bullshit. FACT 1: ND said he wanted to stay in public and it was meant "for the record." You seem to not understand the word "integrity". If he wanted to go then that's fine, just be upfront about it. He wasn't. He played dirty and now he gets what he deserves - the swans...hahahaha.

I didn't suggest that Collingwood treated him badly. I suggested perhaps they asked him to make the media statement. At the time IIRC Collingwood fans were non too happy about his hesitance. He did say he wanted to stay in public. But that may have been for other reason.

I do see where you are coming from in terms of him misleading you. Perhaps he changed his mind? Perhaps the club asked him to do it? Perhaps there are other reason. You, nor I really know because those sort of things would have been behind closed doors. We can only speculate.

2. To suggest if we'd won last year that he would have stayed - yes another quote - is an insult and continual poor treatment of a club who made him what he is today.

Fair point.

3. Finished with a cheap shot?? How about finished with a fact ?? or is that too difficult to comprehend?

Fact it is. But it was used as a cheap shot. Your guys grand final record over the last 40 years ain't too flash either.

4. Colless has attempted to take the piss previously (and made a fool of himself in the process) but this was not one of them. He finally realises what financial reward can come from Collingwood. We are the biggest and the best and he knows being involved with us only helps sydney.
You think you're the biggest and the best yes. Colless was certainly taking the piss.

5. To suggest that Collingwood isn't the reason for this weeks big crowd is kidding yourself. Maybe you should do some research and find out some facts on crowd attendances before you sprout your ill-informed crap. We are the reason for the buildup.

You're right about crowd attendence for Collingwood in Melbourne. But not Sydney. Sydney people wouldn't even know who Collingwood are, let alone care. You want facts?

Best Crowds
46,168 Sydney v Geelong S.C.G. 1997
44,047 Sydney v Geelong S.C.G. 1996
41,731 Sydney v Essendon S.C.G. 1996
41,264 Sydney v Collingwood S.C.G. 1999
41,243 Sydney v Collingwood S.C.G. 1997
40,623 Sydney v Carlton S.C.G. 1997
40,131 Sydney v Essendon S.C.G. 2001
39,827 Sydney v St Kilda S.C.G. 1997
39,763 Sydney v Hawthorn S.C.G. 1986
39,318 Sydney v West Coast S.C.G. 1997

I was slightly incorrect. Collingwood are twice in the top 10 for crowds. I would suggest however that both of these have more to do with the Swans position than Collingwoods.

The 1999 crowd was Lockett 1300th goal. Explained itself.
In 1997 we average 39,000 for home games, so that crowd is not out of the ordinary.

btw, how does piss off OUR webpage sound? Yes OURS - Collingwood supporters

You can't take a decent debate ?
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 4:44 pm

themase, as I have already told you, the people on this site don't use it to debate with other supporters. If they want to debate with opposition supporters, they will go elsewhere to do that. i.e. Bigfooty.

NOTE: themase, read the rules of the site. In particular the last dot point:

http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/rules.htm

Quote:
Supporters of other AFL clubs may be warned just for showing up. Supporters of Essendon and Richmond may receive two warnings and Carlton supporters will be banned on the spot as a time saving measure. Supporters of South Australian teams will be treated with great disdain as well as being warned - and may not retaliate. What are you doing here anyway?

Last edited by Joel on Thu Aug 21, 2003 4:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 4:55 pm

A swans supporter wants to debate us on crowds, shit that's funny.
Laughing Laughing Laughing

Oh and themase check out this link below.
Don't leave out that Collingwood has the 2nd largest away attendance at the SCG since 1957. Strangely geelong has the highest? Wouldn't know who we were hey.

http://stats.rleague.com/afl/crowds/vn_scg.html

Last edited by AnthonyC on Thu Aug 21, 2003 4:59 pm; edited 3 times in total
themase 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 4:57 pm

AnthonyC wrote:
A swans supporter wants to debate us on crowds, shit that's funny.
Laughing Laughing Laughing

No. I do not wish to debate you on crowds.

I am saying that you are not the sole reason for the big attendance on Saturday night.

Understood Joel.
Clemo Capricorn

clemo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 5:23 pm

All you frigging ugly duckling supporters. FFS do you get it. Pith off.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 5:27 pm

Okay guys, back to the topic.
chris.p 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 6:05 pm

mase your kidding yourself. i leave in sydney and all the media hype here is talking bout collingwood. in todays telegrapgh(yes the paper used by murdoch to promote league in sydney) had a two page colour article on davis saying that swans and collingwood are similar but the swans are better and they will win. this type of news related to the swans has never been in the media this year and a long time to remember. the vibe around sydney is a hatred of collingwood and the fans are going to see collingwood lose. yes lose but but also to SEE collingwood. we are the reason for the big crowd and no, another team would not pull this crowd. and dont ever think of suggesting at anytime that sydney are not a bandwagon club because it is obvious they are. the fans and the media only pay attention to the swans when they win and thats a fact champ whether you liek it or not. you may be loyal as i assume you are but the majority of your fans are. in the words of my brother who is a sydney fan 'yeah i agree with you chris, but why would people show up to the game if they have been losing. its just boring!'
chris.p 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 6:06 pm

sorry i live* in sydney
mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 8:28 pm

themase wrote:
I am saying that you are not the sole reason for the big attendance on Saturday night.

Luke. Buddy..... I think you've wandered into the wrong forum. Very Happy
I love the pies Pisces

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 8:39 pm

I would have to agree with you Chris.p i live in Sydney and the reason for the big crowd on sat nite will be the fact the mighty pies are playing, they just can't stop talking about us
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: