Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Is it in the blood?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beth Leo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 3:50 pm
Post subject: Is it in the blood?Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,
Found Nick's only recently - wish I'd found it ages ago! Just wondering if anyone wanted to share their thoughts as to whether you are born a Magpies supporter or whether it is something that can happen over time - with the right influences around. How and why did you become a pies supporter?
For me personally it was 1975 and my older brother barracked for them so that was as good as reason as any for me to do so. I found out afterwards that my father and a couple of his brothers were also supporters but my mother unfortunately isn't. Growing up all my friends were for Collingwood and most of them still are.

Hanskies Virgo

~~DUNN~~

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 3:55 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

My parents are StKilda supporters as is the rest of my family- they hate the fact that their little girl follows the greatest team in the world!!! They have tried to convert me serveral hundred times over almost 19 years now- SCREW THAT!!! It was my neighbours influence on me that drew me to the black and white!!! and for that I thank them!!!!

Dont take life too seriously.....Its not forever
Hanskies» Created by Mum & Dad » Powered by Food And Water ltd. Est 1984.
HANSKIES© 1984-2006. All Rights Reserved.
swooper 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 4:02 pm

I have an older brother and older sister to thank for barracking for the Pies.(way back in 1976 or 1977 I got dragged along to my first game at Vic park versus St Kilda I think it was) I was pretty young and stood in the outer and couldnt see a thing- but the Pies thrashed them and I got a taste for football. I grew up in Kew (leafy eastern suburb next door to Hawthorn) and I cannot tell you how many times people have asked me why I ended up barracking for Collingwood and NOT Hawthorn! All I can say is thank god I didnt!! FOr a start, I would never be seen in yellow and brown!
My parents followed St Kilda and Fitzroy - phew!!!!!! Lucky for me is all I can say!
ConBigWig 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 4:03 pm

Once a Magpie always a Magpie.
It's like drinking wine and going back to beer.
It will make you sick.

"Reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol"
kaz7 Aries

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 4:22 pm

My parents barracked for Essendon & Footscray and my older brother was Footscray too. I was given a teddy when I was born - half black & half white and Dad named him Collingwood! Bet he's regretted that ever since!! So I have barracked for the pies since before I could talk! I had two younger brothers - ones a doggies supporter but I did manage to brainwash the youngest - now a proud pie with his own little pie supporters. The Collingwood dynasty continues!!
Rach20 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 4:58 pm

I was born a collingwood supporter. My dad wouldn't have it any other way. My whole family barrack for collingwood. So it's definately in the blood for me.
vamp7 Gemini

ladymagpie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 5:02 pm

My brother followed Collingwood took his little sister (ME) to her first game 1976 against North at victoria park never forget Phil Carmens white boots. Wink
Finaly got to see it in color , we only had B/W tv those days very hard to watch those 2 teams play lol...... Wink
27 years later still a magpie Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy die a magpie...

Magpie Gal 19 Pisces

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 5:43 pm

I was Born with Black and White Blood!
Go_The_Mighty_Magpies Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 6:17 pm

For some people it is aquired, but i personally had NO choise what so ever, I was brainwashed... But i LOVED it!!! my mum, dad, brother, sister, Grandma and her sister all brought me up to love the Black and White and that way i shall forever stay!! Im also proud to say I went to my first game in 1990
i_luv_tarkyn! Scorpio

Dream Big!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 6:28 pm

if i didnt barrack for collingwood i would be living in the shed. strict but fair and i wouldnt change it for the world. living in a family of nine now, its a black and white household and i luv it! Very Happy

luv jess

Dark Lord Capricorn

He's back...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 6:34 pm

Dad barracks for Carlton, Mum barracks for Collingwood. The Gods deemed that I barrack for Collingwood. I never felt anything (positive) for Carlton.
Yobbo^LuKa Libra

=[(World Champion)]=

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 6:57 pm

True supporters have the Black and White blood running through their veins from the time of birth...Where as the Bandwagoing Magpies are Geneticly engineered loser people Laughing
Ev5Magpies Virgo

Ev5Magpies

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 7:04 pm

My Dad is a Pies supporter & I was told that i would never see a game of football if i didn't go for the pies. I was happily brainwashed, couldn't imagine it any other way... My mum barricked for Carlton but now she goes for the Pies. We converted her in about 1998.
Beth Leo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 7:36 pm

For those who were brainwashed. I'm working on my youngest at the moment. Unfortunately I didn't work hard enough on my other daughter. She's Richmond - didn't I have fun on July 18!
TRELOS 

TRELOS

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 7:57 pm

yeh...my entire famliy go for Essendon and i actually hav them to thank for whom i go for as in 1990...i was 4 and followed very little football and watched the grand final and for some reason after seeing essendon lose decided that it would be the Black and White for me, theyve (my familY) have tried bribing me etc on many occassion to switch to the dakr side but they failed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: