Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

ask the coaches on collingwoodfc.com

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pied Piper Aries

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 7:32 pm
Post subject: ask the coaches on collingwoodfc.comReply with quote

OK, I've posted this topic because of a quote by MM which I think says plenty about the rotation of players and in particular who will see September action (and who may not). I can't quote the entire article as this is a Telstra site, but here's the most crucial bit from the quote in question:

"You are continually blooding players that you think are going to be there in September. And those that you don’t think will be there gradually get less and less game time as the year goes on ... The reality is, they’re going to win you the odd couple of games, but are they going to be there at the end?"

There are a few players on the periphery of the team (inside and out) who will need to take note of that statement, especially given MM's avowed horses for courses policy. Selection come September is going to be very interesting.

The link to the article is http://collingwoodfc.com.au/default.asp?pg=askcoaches&spg=default&articleid=112688

The Weed

joffa_the_man_in_gold 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 7:40 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Have we ever met 'the weed' i find you very attractive' Laughing Laughing Laughing

Joffa Corfe

email.. joffa@magpies.net
burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 7:51 pm

Its funny, a premiership contender i think needs one or two 'hard' blokes who may lack a little in skill, but dont mind hurting a few bodies - in saying that, it appears that Molloy has been replaced as the 'hard' option by Richie Cole - he crunches bodies when he tackles and yet displays the delicate skills required.

Rocca too has become increasingly hard at the footy.

Horses for courses - lookout for blokes like Didak, Davis, Betheras and Scotland to play a decent part in our pursuit for the flag.

HotPies90 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 8:08 pm

Yep, I think certain blokes that we've not been too sure about during the home-and-away games, may well be replaced by more experienced and harder players come September. Remember Carl Steinfort's surprise entry into the side last year?
Pied Piper Aries

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 8:16 pm

Hmmm... well, I didn't interpret the quote quite that way, HotPies90. I would think the more players like Betheras and Molloy have struggled for game time, the more difficult they may find it to break back in September.

Joffa! Shocked I never knew you cared. You look good in gold mate Laughing

Weed

joffa_the_man_in_gold 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 12:24 am

awww shucks im ditching sandra sully for 'the weed' Embarassed Razz Laughing

Joffa Corfe

email.. joffa@magpies.net
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: