Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Suck that Lions

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 4:52 pm
Post subject: Suck that LionsReply with quote

Thanks Swannies your win means last weeks win over us is meaningless as they would expect to win at home.

PS Acker. Love seeing you sook mate. Beautiful.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 4:57 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

...but we are up to play them next week. They will be tough.
Pied Piper Aries

I've just finished watching the Swannie's superb win. Superb for two reasons - one is they were genuinely fantastic, and two, this now opens the door for us to claim second spot at the end of the H&A.

For this to happen, however, we need to win both our remaining games (no easy task - the game next week will be a belter) and Port need to beat Adelaide in the final round.

Sydney have been a revelation this year; the improvement in the side's skill level has been 100 percent. Fraser will have a huge task on Goodes next week.

Cam - yes! Great seeing Aker eating humble pie.

The Weed

BigVman 

Ups the ante for next week. We really need to win the next 2 to finish top 4 now
maggie20ct Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 5:07 pm

grrreeaat game that was...it was wierd barracking for sydney when next week they are gonna be my #1 most hated team Razz but it was a reality check when i was watching them at how good they are, and it worried me a bit and im very anxious about next week

btw isnt it just the BEST seeing brisbane lose...if only it could be against us one day soon!

daicos4ever 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 5:13 pm

Whoever wins out of us and Sydney will come second. Next week is akin to a final itself. Hopefully Sydney won't be able to handle the pressure.
Newelly Aries

newelly

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 5:22 pm

Well Hawthorn managed to top them at home last week so it can't be mission impossible. Just need to minimise skill errors and up our conversion rate in front of the sticks. Easy said.

The Lions had more shots on goal than the Swans but missed some relatively easy shots. Jonathon Brown missed several shots on goal that may well have turned the game in the Lions favour. Also Blacks shot on goal had of it gone through may have stopped the Swans.

The Swans seem to play well against the Lions as this is the second time they've beaten them this year. Unfortunately they love playing the Pies as well.

Goodes will need to be double teamed in the same manner Carey was. I guess, Clement or Cloke will get the job on Hall? Either are up to the task although Clement has the foot speed to keep up with Hall on his leads and still has body strength to make life difficult for Hall in one-on one situations.

Also Lica will need to tag Williams out of the play. These three guys stung us the first time we played them, but as we showed against the Crows take out a few key playmakers and the deck of cards should crumble.
magpie willow 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 5:27 pm

U beauty I watched it and absolutely loved seein those lion mongrels lose and sucked in acnemanis u dog!

Port and Crows play each other so hopefully port win and then we win the next 2 and finish 2nd 2 home finals baby you beauty I can taste the premiership already CARM ON PIES! Laughing

CARN THE PIES!!!!
Pied Piper Aries

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 5:46 pm

Goodes is too athletic and mobile for double-teaming. Fortunately we have one of our own in Fraser who, in the absence of Jason Ball, should win the majority of centre clearances. But in this case he's got to break even around the ground. Usually for Josh it's the other way around! It will be a tremendous battle. I predict Clement will take O'Loughlin, as he has the speed, but tough for anyone to stop him at his best. Wakes for Hall or Presti if he comes up.
molloymagic Aquarius

*Thanks 4 the great memorys Jarrod!**miss ya*

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 6:17 pm

Isn't it funny how ego's r easily smashed!!!!!!!!!!. I loved how poor michael played today Very Happy I noticed how many times,the lion players kept appealing for free kicks and didn't get them haa haa. I know they will come back but isn't it fantastic to see them go down Very Happy

please god,let freo come over here and beat the dons!.

*'94-03:10 Gr8 yrs*
*169 Games* *'02 V.C*
*2nd in '01 copeland
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 6:29 pm

yes it was good watching NO HANDSTAND from aker the dickhead
joffa_the_man_in_gold 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 6:35 pm

I have no fear if we have to play brisbane at sometime during the finals i believe our last 3 losses against brisbane we have been victims of circumstances and it is my belief there isnt that much between collingwood and brisbane.

Joffa Corfe

email.. joffa@magpies.net
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 6:39 pm

Yeah i was waiting for Acne face to do a handstand Wink It is so good that the Lions have come back to earth with a thud last week. Hall gave Mal Michael a nice little touch up which is always good to see.

Next weeks game should be a ripper. Sydney have a very versatile forward line. Clement will take OLoughlin for sure. Wakelin takes Hall. That leaves Cloke for Goodes which could be a big key to the contest. Goodes tore us apart earlier this year at Colonial.

Midfield match ups will be interesting with both teams having plenty of runners. Kirk will get Buckley and it may be interesting to see if MM plays Buckley up forward to get Kirk out of position.

The game will be a sell out and it will be the highest rating game in Melbourne all year i predict. I have 1 spare ticket still and it may be worth a bit now........lol lol

Win this and a top 2 position and Melbourne finals are ours for the taking. Lose this and we join the pack of teams jostling for positions.

jlc

Pied Piper Aries

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 7:18 pm

JLC wrote:
Midfield match ups will be interesting with both teams having plenty of runners. Kirk will get Buckley and it may be interesting to see if MM plays Buckley up forward to get Kirk out of position.jlc

Excellent point this. Kirk had the better of Buckley last time. I wonder if MM may pull the same swifty against Geelong, where Buckley dragged Cameron Ling down to the forward line, and McGough went into the centre to do the hard stuff.

Don't be at all surprised if McG is selected for just such a role this week. MM said he was very unlucky to be dropped for Adelaide and Collingwood will want to make this a game of stoppages. If MM is true to his horses for courses policy I reckon McGough will play. The question of who to drop is difficult, given all players made a contribution on the weekend.

Goodes will be too silky for Cloke. I reckon Fraz and Goodes, one to one, will work off each other and hopefully cancel each other out.

Perhaps this should be rolled into a pre-game thread as it's already shaping that way...

Weed

Joe 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 8:02 pm

They may have lost,when in form they are one of the best teams in the competition.
Lets nobody write them off.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: