Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Ian Collins your either a LIAR or just IGNORANT

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joffa_the_man_in_gold 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 11:26 am
Post subject: Ian Collins your either a LIAR or just IGNORANTReply with quote

I was a little dissapointed to hear ian collins say that all bags entering telstra dome were checked by security upon enetering the ground he was at the opinion that reports suggesting otherwise were wrong. i would like ian collins to get up and about and see how the real world operates..for the record in my last 3 visits to the dome i walked straight past the security table without being asked or approached to have my bag checked.

For ian collins to say this is not happening and that all bags entering telstra dome are checked is a LIE and nothing short of otherwise.

Joffa Corfe

email.. joffa@magpies.net
RitchieColeRocks Leo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 11:33 am
Post subject: TrueReply with quote

Very true Joffa.
I must say it had been that long since I'd had my bag checked (and even when it was checked it wasn't done properly) it was amazing.
Just a few weeks ago I entered the ground with a GLASS BOTTLE as I had totally forgot it was there.

I mean they really have to crack down.

Has anyone else noticed however, the Collingwood cheer squad (supporters) are always those being bagged, and we never seem to be the ones spitting one people, or throwing things at them?

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 11:37 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian Collins does not appear to be fully informed about what is happening at Colonial. Maybe his staff are telling him what he wants to hear but perhaps he should get out there and see for himself.

jlc

CP 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 11:41 am

I go to the games straight from work on Friday nights, and have never once had my Louis Vutton attache' case checked by security.

The Armani threads position me as someone who won't cause trouble in the eyes of these "security guards".
magpie willow 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 11:44 am

You can just walk past them without getting it checked but because i decide to do the right thing i go over to the table and have me bag checked but the people who work at telstra dome obviously have got no brains they called it a sellout which kept many many magpie fans home and then there was only 40 thousand something with heaps of seats left all over the place its the best ground for fans but they way they run it is a disaster

CARN THE PIES!!!!
maggie20ct Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 11:56 am

willow, a full stop somewhere in that paragraph mightve made it easier to read Wink
magpie willow 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 12:20 pm

Sorry about that mate i forgot to take a breath lol

CARN THE PIES!!!!
Bones 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 1:47 pm

Maybe Ed should also address the issue of failed LIVE coverage. Ah yes I see them pigs a flying.
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 2:57 pm

yer i never get my bag checked either. its just so easy to get past them. ive gone in there heaps of times with more then half a dozen glass bottles in my bag, lol stollies.

its just too easy.
BigVman 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 5:31 pm

Willo makes a good comment on the stupidity of people in charge of football thsese days, eddie excepted!
The game was NOT a sellout, there were at leaast 10000 seats avaialable and the BS artists out the front are telling people the only thing available is STANDING ROOM TICKETS, as if they even sell such a thing.
Get a grip u wankers!
magpie willow 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 5:47 pm

Thanks mate they are big bs artists i bought a mate into the cs this week and we bought him a gen admission and the dumb lady selling tickets said yeah but your gonna have to stand up, that just pathetic how many seats were there its just crap and not good enough!

CARN THE PIES!!!!
Clemo Capricorn

clemo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 6:27 pm
Post subject: Collo is a wanker :evil:Reply with quote

Normally, being a S/C (and C/S) member I go straight to the turnstiles. But I needed to get a GA for a friend who is currently not a member (i'm trying to convince him Wink ). At the ticket office outside gate 2, he was told that he could only get a STANDING room ticket, as Level 3 was only for "members". My poor mate has a dodgey knee and was in no condition to last the whole game standing up. I was in a situaton where I either go home with him, because I drove or left him to get home on his own, by Train and Taxi. It was a tough situation to be left in. We left the ticket office unsure what to do. As we were talking about it, a fellow supporter overheard our conversation and suggested to get a STANDING room ticket and try our luck on Level 3. Worst came to worst I would get my mate to sit in the "members" on Level 3, and would I would go into the STANDING room area. What a suprise when we got into the Level 3 area and found NO redcoats. We easily found seats on Level 3 on bay 9 - there were vacant seats all over the joint. Collo is an absolute wanker - what drugs is he on. It infuriated me on what he said on 3AW. Let's face it - they farked up Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by Clemo on Mon Aug 18, 2003 10:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Rowdy26 

chomp - new strawberry!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 7:01 pm

i couldnt believe my ears when i heard ian collins speaking on 3aw after the match near the end of the talkback segment.

Firstly there had just been call after call after call from irate supporters about the ticketing situation. Then he comes on and basically denies there was any problem and virtually places the blame on the supporters! This is not the first time its happened with Ian Collins this year either. There was a situation earlier in the year that he vigorously denied and again placed the blame on supporters, only backing down days later after it became apparent he was wrong.

I think he needs a reality check. There is a definate lack of communication between the various levels from the management right down to the ticket sellers and the gate announcers. Until Ian Collins actually listens to whats going on (including the public who use the main entrances at the ground) and stops assuming all the procedures he has in place are perfect and couldnt possibly go wrong then it will only occur again at a later stage.

There was virtually zero information given to fans and members in the lead up to the match about tickets and ground entry, and the information that did exist had to be seeked out from places like ticketmaster and even then the information being given was often vague or conflicting.

The only announcements being made when i approached the ground about 6:00pm were: Those wishing to enter the ground should note there are only standing room tickets remaining. I just hoped my membership would scan ok and let me in and then i'd check for myself if there were seats remaining - which of course there were.

Dont try and tell us Mr Collins that this is not what we were told because it most certainly was!
molloymagic Aquarius

*Thanks 4 the great memorys Jarrod!**miss ya*

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 7:06 pm

Even at the MCG u can walk thru without people checking ya bags. I had some people next to me at the lions game who had a can of soft drink with them(they had a couple more in their bag) I mean,if there bag had been checked then surly they would have seen it. They don't check everyone because when other people's bags r getting checked then other people with bags just walk right thru. plus people who get passouts don;t get their bags check and whos to say they won't have bottles, cans etc in their bags.
*'94-03:10 Gr8 yrs*
*169 Games* *'02 V.C*
*2nd in '01 copeland
Joe 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 8:07 pm

No doubt that "all bags being checked" is the correct line.
Lets hope it gets done before an event occurs that could have been avoided by a little more discipline on the part of TD security.
Get it right before someone dies or is seriously injured.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: