Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Jess Sinclair You are a weak ...........

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Magpie Since 1986 

Traitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 6:23 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Sinclair owed Piccione a duty of care. Piccione only tried to sheppard his teammate and got put in hospital for it. This may be taking it too far but a strong elbow to the head can leave a bloke with permanent injuries, fortunately Lance was lucky. I don't want to ruin Sinclair’s reputation, I just want the tribunal to send a firm message that this is defiantly not acceptable behaviour. If Sinclair had hit a one of our blokes wed all be pleading for his head.

My point being regardless of his character he should not get of lightly, I am confident the tribunal will do the right thing.
AGE Aries

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 6:32 pm

Magpie Since 1986 wrote:
Did remind me of plugger barging out and breaking the sydney blokes nose when he played for the aints. Although different circumstances. Anyone remember what plugger got for that?

Plugger got 8 weeks for the Peter Caven incident in 1994.
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 7:09 pm

i wonder how long he will get. looked to regret it afterwards but he still did it in the first place.

i think he meant 2 do it, but didnt expect so much damage to occur.
Joe 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 7:54 pm

The double standards at times are horrific.
We whinge and moan about Tarrant being niggled, yet when some one nearly takes off a guys head its played down by comments like its out of character.
Let me say this if Piccioni was dead as he could easily be I would love to see the people minimising the act by explaining to his parents that it was out of character for the offender.
It has already been said that if it was a Collingwood player we would want blood.
Sometimes there is no consistency in opinions.
Pied Piper Aries

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 8:30 pm

?? Joe ?? Everyone on this thread has agreed Sinclair will, and should, receive a solid suspension, regardless of whether his action is classed as intentional or reckless, and regardless of his previous record and good character. Where's the problem?
RitchieColeRocks Leo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 8:33 pm
Post subject: ...Reply with quote

I'm sorry Joe but your comment was out of line.
We all agree that Sinclair deserves to be rubbed out, it was wreckless play whether intention to hit him in the head was there or not.
HOWEVER making him out to be a mungral is also very one sided in opinion, because if a pies player did it you'd be dedending him.

The Tarrant thing is different, no one is bagging the player holding him, saying he is a pathetic this and that, we are stating the umpires are doing their job looking out for these soughts of acts..

Saying we are one sided is out of line, because I see things from both sides, and would happily state that if a pies player was to be hit i'd be mad, or more upset, but no more against the player who did it.

GreekLunatic 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 8:55 pm

it looked very bad u dont with that on anyone the way i see it sinclair will miss a couple of games next yr as well it was cowardly bad
Joe 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 9:01 pm
Post subject: Re: ...Reply with quote

RitchieColeRocks wrote:
I'm sorry Joe but your comment was out of line.
We all agree that Sinclair deserves to be rubbed out, it was wreckless play whether intention to hit him in the head was there or not.
HOWEVER making him out to be a mungral is also very one sided in opinion, because if a pies player did it you'd be dedending him.

The Tarrant thing is different, no one is bagging the player holding him, saying he is a pathetic this and that, we are stating the umpires are doing their job looking out for these soughts of acts..

Saying we are one sided is out of line, because I see things from both sides, and would happily state that if a pies player was to be hit i'd be mad, or more upset, but no more against the player who did it.

Have you heard of sensationalism it makes life enjoyable and keeps The Weed employed.lol
If a Collingwood player did this my opinion would be the same,this guy can be grateful that Piccioni is not dead.
Inexcusable whether out of character or not.
It was out of character for Julian Knight to commit Hoddle St as it was for Martin Bryant to commit Port Arthur.Different I know but the principle applies.
Forgive him? yes.I
Is he a mongrel long term? I do not know.
Should he be marked?absolutely yes.
Out of character CODSWALLOP.
lones37 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 9:32 pm

It is one thing to elbow someone while running through a pack a la Dipper on Kevin Walsh in the 84 GF, and connecting with the player. To jump into a man and elbow someone WITH MOTION, in other words, punching someone with your elbow is worthy of a charge of recklessly causing serious injury. That behaviour on the streets would see you in court, and dealt with severely.

Watching the down the ground vision, he launches into Piciaone and swings his elbow at a hundred miles an hour. Somehow Lance survived as the Doc said after the game it missed his temple by centimetres. He also had to have internal stitches as well, showing how much force was delivered with the blow. In other codes he would be out for 12 matches, if he gets less than 6 i would be very surprised, hope he gets 9 or 10.
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 9:37 pm

"he launches into Piciaone and swings his elbow at a hundred miles an hour."

very descriptive!!
Pied Piper Aries

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 9:38 pm

Joe wrote:

Have you heard of sensationalism it makes life enjoyable and keeps The Weed employed.lol ...

It was out of character for Julian Knight to commit Hoddle St as it was for Martin Bryant to commit Port Arthur.Different I know but the principle applies.

That's a pretty low bit of sniping, Joe - you know next to nothing about what I do, you certainly don't know who my employers are, and saying sensationalism keeps me employed reflects poorly upon my work. I also don't see what it has to do with the issue at hand. I'm disappointed.

We all agreed Jess Sinclair's action was inexcusable and he should be rubbed out, so again, where's the problem? I would say the same thing if a Collingwood player had committed such an act. As for comparing the hit to two of the worst mass killers in this country's history - oh, please. That's just not on.

Not happy, Joe.

Weed

Joe 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 9:47 pm

the_weed wrote:
Joe wrote:

Have you heard of sensationalism it makes life enjoyable and keeps The Weed employed.lol ...

That's a pretty low bit of sniping, Joe - you know next to nothing about what I do, you certainly don't know who my employers are, and saying sensationalism keeps me employed reflects poorly upon my work. I also don't see what it has to do with the issue at hand. I'm disappointed.

We all agreed it was inexcusable and he should be rubbed out, so again, where's the problem? As for comparing the act to two of the worst mass killers in this country's history - oh, please. That's just not on.

Not happy, Joe.

Weed

I am not comparing the act Weed but rather the thought that it was out of character and that this somehow lightens the incident to me is bollocks.
I am saying that my original post was slightly sensationalised.
My apolgies in regards to your work,you are right I know nothing about your work,I was just taking the urine.
I hope you can understand what I am saying now.
If someone goes out and murders 10 people the fact that it was out of character means nothing as the act has occured,that is my point.
Please apply the parallel to this.
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 11:18 pm

Joe, Please stop quoting the previous post. Just refer to it.

You only need to use the quote facility when referring to a post which is way up the page or on another page.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
peter_pies4ever 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 6:18 pm

Should get 5 weeks
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 7:11 pm

Joe wrote:

I am not comparing the act

but you said:

Quote:

you really do like to contradict yourself dont you.

if youre not comparing the two then why have you brought JK and MB up?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4   

Jump to: