Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Jess Sinclair You are a weak ...........

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joe 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2003 11:25 pm
Post subject: Jess Sinclair You are a weak ...........Reply with quote

I cannot believe that this guy, Jess Sinclair (Kangaroos) has given a deliberate elbow with motion on Lance Piccione (Hawthorn).
A full pelter.
Poor lance was a wreck.
More blood than I have ever seen except for Francis Bourke in 1980.
If Clokey copped what he got last year and missed a granny,this guy deserves a season out.
Dermott Brereton would not even comment on it.
Vandeberg tried to square it up legitimately.
He should get at least 8 weeks.
The dirty mongrel.
How about coaching with some dignity Laidley instead of acting like an animal yourself and encouraging this.Laidley claimed he did not see it.Havent the coaches boxes got the tv replays.Come on Dean whats all that about?
Very,very disappointing.

Last edited by Joe on Sun Aug 17, 2003 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
GO RUPERT 10 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 1:04 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

i cant belive it
he should get 8 weeks at least
and stevens should get 4
shame now that we cant see a stevens vs carey no 2 this week
AGE Aries

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 1:18 am

i saw the sinclair incident. just thinking had he connected 'properly', it would have been shades of the Lockett/Caven incident all those years ago. Sinclair's season is over I would suspect.

And what ever happened to umpires reporting players? I think they rely too much on trial by video these days. Was the Fleming/Reiwaldt incident reported or sighted on video last week? I can't remember the last time a player got reported in a game.
AGE Aries

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 1:19 am

GO RUPERT 10 wrote:
i cant belive it
he should get 8 weeks at least
and stevens should get 4
shame now that we cant see a stevens vs carey no 2 this week

Serc mate, the AFL will let it go i reckon. Coz Carey v Archer/Stevens in a handicap match will bring in the $$$. haha
GO RUPERT 10 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 1:29 am

age i reckon we have carey vs stevens in a lumberjack match with one side of crows players and the others with kangaroos
Ed from WA Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 9:48 am
Post subject: sinclairReply with quote

I would think he is right in the mix for all australian half back this year.
be a pity if one reckless act ruined that for him.
I dont mind the way he plays footy actually.
RitchieColeRocks Leo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 11:20 am
Post subject: ...Reply with quote

At the moment I don't believe any of us have the right to judge him as a player.
There is a good chance he did intend to elbow him, but nothing says that elbow was aimed for the face, I honestly believe that's just the way it panned out.
I'm not sure how many other people play sport but when you get angry sometimes you to get careless, things just happen.
Rub him out, I believe he deserves that for reckless play to say the least, but unless anyone honestly knows his intend then we can't lable him a dirty player for the rest of his career.
Everyone makes mistakes....

i_luv_tarkyn! Scorpio

Dream Big!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 2:34 pm

i totally agree RitchieColeRocks!
i saw the incident on t.v and didnt think it was at all intentional, he was just frustrated.
jess sinclair has been in great form all year and i hope that he doesnt get labelled dirty from one utter mistake. this is not in his character at all.

luv jess

mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 2:51 pm

He made a stupid error in judgement and will pay the price for it. As he should.

But I agree with others that I don't think she should be labelled for it. He's not a bad kid and it really just appeared to me a moment of frustration.
Magpie Since 1986 

Traitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 4:29 pm

And whats with this “Apologize after the act” trend?
I see Sinclair said sorry, but if he really were sorry he wouldn’t have done it in the first place.
You know in Chopper, Mark Reid says “sorry” after stabbing people. I think it’s a sign of a schizophrenic or some kind of nut job.
Either way it doesn’t justify it.
Give him 8 weeks.
I guess Laidelys bloke got angry, and it didnt pay off.
joffa_the_man_in_gold 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 5:46 pm

Sinclair is not a dirty player i dont believe he meant to hurt the hawthorn player as he has done but never the less his elbow made contact and he will be suspended.

Joffa Corfe

email.. joffa@magpies.net
Pied Piper Aries

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 5:55 pm

Magpie Since 1986 wrote:
And whats with this “Apologize after the act” trend?
I see Sinclair said sorry, but if he really were sorry he wouldn’t have done it in the first place.

I don't follow this logic - I always was taught to apologise if I knew I'd done the wrong thing. We all make mistakes and if we have any decency we should make amends where appropriate.

Sinclair's action was very out of character. It was far more in character for him to apologise. Reckless or intentional, he knows he stuffed up bad last night.

Mark Bickley, normally a very fair player, admitted he deliberately took out Darryl Wakelin last year. He was highly remorseful and wrote a letter of apology to Wakes (who suffered a fractured cheekbone). It was a dirty act, but after 250+ games, is it fair to label Bickley a dirty player?

From memory, Bickley still got six weeks. I would imagine Sinclair will (and should) suffer the same fate. But the fact he's apologised, combined with the suspension, should make him unlikely to do it again. That's what we have a tribunal for.

The Weed

Magpie Since 1986 

Traitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 6:04 pm

Yeah fair point however it depends on the intentions behind his apology.
Is he apologising cause he has a genuine concern for Lance's welfare or because he think it will look good when the tribunal deliver their verdict.
I am leaning toward the latter and hence the reason behind my post.
Magpie Since 1986 

Traitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 6:04 pm

Did remind me of plugger barging out and breaking the sydney blokes nose when he played for the aints. Although different circumstances. Anyone remember what plugger got for that?
Pied Piper Aries

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 6:17 pm

I understand your point of view, but I lean towards the former, based on (a) Sinclair's previous history; (b) the fact that he personally sought out Lance Piciaone's telephone number to call on him and (c) apparently he was distressed to the point of needing counselling after the game.

I'm not saying for a moment this excuses what happened. He will get rubbed out and that's as it should be; remorse won't get you far when you cause a serious injury. But I wouldn't be quite so harsh in judging his character. It's a very fast game and while these things shouldn't happen, the fact is from time to time they do - Weed

PS from memory Plugger got 12 weeks for the Caven incident. Unlike Sinclair, however, he had a very poor tribunal record. I can't remember if he apologised to Caven or not at the time.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4   

Jump to: