Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

HELP NEEDED/WANTED

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
*miss_magpie* Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2000 4:50 pm
Post subject: HELP NEEDED/WANTEDReply with quote

Well I know that being a Collingwood supporter has its good and bad sides, the bad, obviously the position on the ladder that we've been unfortunately having to put up with, but the good.. the supporters. I've met a lot of kinds of supporters-firstly fitzroy being around them all my toddler days, - not the friendliest bunch- and Richmond supporters, -definately passionate lot, but not very welcoming (family full of them, dreaded the days I had to go to the football with them when i was around 10, not a pretty sight) Collingwood being by far the most welcoming supporters, I've never gotten along with any other lot of supporters so well as I have here, on this page, and being in the unofficial cheersquad.

Well anyway, back to the point of the topic

My Great Uncle, 85 years of age, bedridden and partially crippled, is one of the most passionate collingwood supporters around, 80 years a Collingwood supporter and still strongly believing and following.. Every week, either I, or one of my other Uncles, will tape the match for him (lives in sydney can't see the games) and send them to him, he is right into the matches -although he can't get up to go watch any of the games, and quite often will ring me to get statistics of players from the internet..
Most weeks, I will receive a package from him-usually a poster or some other small gift that he has made himself out of Collingwood pictures etc.
---anyway i'm probably boring you with all of this but the point was to ask anyone on here if they could possibly e-mail me any pictures that they might have on their computers of the earlier days of the magpies, I've been making him a Collingwood plaque for his 86th birthday and I need to have it done by February next year, and I thought that pictures of the players from earlier on would be good to jog his memory -- which is fading.

So any pictures would be gladly appreciated.

miss_magpie24@start.com.au

thanks once again
tarkyn rocks, go pies!

[This message has been edited by *miss_magpie* (edited 08 December 2000).]
Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2000 5:00 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

miss magpie - check out the Northern Tasmanian Collingwood Supporters Group site http://ntcsg.magpies.net and click on Memorabilia.

There's a collection of old Argus footy cards there with players from the 40s and 50s.

[This message has been edited by Mike (edited 08 December 2000).]
Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2000 5:26 pm

aw yeh im just gonna pull that one too "ah help im dying of rabies send me ricky and spider pics!" lol

hehe nah on yah miss mags and i know wot ya mean about relating to the Pies ppl like i told u the other nite how none of the Sainters help me out but with Pies if there a prob at the footy the whole cheersquad jumps in with ya the whole bloody Ponny stand end actually!

???

*miss_magpie* Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2000 5:29 pm

So Spidergirl, when exactly did all this foaming at the mouth occur?? Rabies huh? that's funny, i thought u were just drueling over ricky yesterday, musta been from the rabies ha?? lol
Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2000 6:47 pm

awww shut up miss magpie *cry cry cry* hehe!

???

ed healey 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2000 9:02 pm

Ive got the 65 mobil footy cards album and the magpies in it are ray gabelich,des tuddenham,ian graham and john henderson.
Ill see if somehow i can get them on an email,dont know how but ill give it a shot.
I saw every game collingwood played from 1961-74 and havent seen one since i moved to Wa in 74.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: