Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

BOARD WARS!!!!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dan the man 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 10:04 am
Post subject: BOARD WARS!!!!Reply with quote

To the Administration of Nicks Collingwood Forum, this is my 1st post on your message boards,

This is a friendly post to inform the Administration of this forum that in the last few days there has been a collingwood supporter posting personal and offensive messages on other team forums. The Power From Port & Brisbane Lions message boards have been hit the hardest. Now I understand that your members have the right to say what whatever they like about other clubs on THIS forum, just as much as we have the right to do the same on ours. Members from other Forums are more than welcome to express a GENERAL opinion on other boards providing that they become a member and agree to obey the rules of that forum.

However in the last 24-48 hours there has been an individual who goes by the name of " cooldewd Collingwood Troll" (who I believe maybe a member of Nicks!) on The Port Forum. This Gentleman has over stepped the line and is posting INSULTING and PERSONAL comments aimed directly at members of those boards. I have had several complaints from the members of these boards who are getting really upset and will start to retaliate to this member on Nicks if there is not something done from both forums Administration. I want to put a stop to this madness ASAP! There is no need for this to get UGLY because I think everyone will agree that we all want a forum that we can have our own opinion on with out having personal INSULTING and DEGRADING remarks thrown at us.

Now I know that all parties from these boards DO NOT want a PERSONAL war of words crossing over onto others forums, and I would like the Admin of Nicks to help me in resolving this problem before it gets out of hand.

Thankyou very much for your time in reading this topic and I hope that together we can all restore order for ALL of our members.

Kindest Regards,

Dan The Man.

Last edited by dan the man on Thu Aug 14, 2003 10:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Lorelei Pisces

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 10:11 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Dan,

No offence but did you ever think that maybe it could be someone posing as a Collingwood supporter?

Just an idea... there are a few trolls around.

I doubt the real CD would have the time or inclination to bother with other boards - that are quite boring and not nearly as exciting as those of Collingwood inclination.

Cheers,

Jen

**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**

Floreat Pica
Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 10:18 am

Gday Dan

Fairly pointless post. What is it that you think we can do about it? We do have a member registered as Cooldewd but he has made about 2 posts here so I don't feel that anything happening in his name would reflect on Nicks. You might also consider that taking a person's word that they are who they say they are on the net is a fairly gullible thing to do. I would think that Cooldewd is probably the least likely person to use that name to create trouble.

All of that completely overlooks the fact that this is a bulletin board not an army. We don't have disciplinary control over anybody. What they do away from here is their own business and nothing to do with us. The title of this topic and your post imply that retaliation will eventuate if we don't do something about an individual who we can't even identify - what crap. We've been attacked many times and it makes such a small impression here that most members aren't even aware that it happens. We're not all that concerned.

Anybody visiting this board to create trouble will be treated in exactly the same way that your troublemaker should have been treated days ago. They will just be switched off.

Thank you for the visit, I'm sorry that it's been a waste of time.
dan the man 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 10:52 am

Please again no need to offend you, but correct me if I am wrong. From what I believe there was a member of this forum who had the link to the Port forum and was willing to give it out by the way of a Private Message to members of your site. and if I may make a quote from her post .
"In the past few weeks nick's bb has been getting mentions on so many opposition sites its been quite funny. The Power from Port forum has a facination for Nicks ATM........."

When this member was asked for the link to The Power From Port this was her reply;

"I'll PM it to you but remember we don't need/want board wars!

It only creates more work for the mods here, they have enough work dealing with us." These comments came from one of your own members.

It seems funny that there WAS NOT any trouble on The Power From Port untill just HOURS after these messages on Nicks were posted. All I am trying to do is control this situation and inform the Mods about the brewing situation. This so THE MODS dont have to deal with this sort of work. I am sure they have enough to do already without the possibility of the trouble & extra workload of controlling the extra messages that any boards wars would bring to them.

Mike we have dealt with the troublemaker but it still does not stop them from obtaining a new member name & a new e-mail address to continue the personal attacks. Also when it gets to the point where personal remarks come from over private messages there has to be some action to TRY and reslove it.

All my letter was about is a courtesy note informing the Administration of Nicks of the trouble that has occoured and if they may know anything about it then a quiet word to the person would be appreciated.

This is the last that I want to do with this matter and I sincerely hope that Nicks does not have any type of the trouble that we have had.

I hope that you realise & UNDERSTAND that I am polite and sincere in this letter to your members.

Last edited by dan the man on Thu Aug 14, 2003 11:14 am; edited 2 times in total
Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 11:00 am

What part of "if you're having trouble with someone, boot them" don't you understand?
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 11:10 am

You better spell it out slower Mike.
MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 12:01 pm

LMAO so Nicks IS the CENTER of THE world! lol who gives a rats fat whats happening on other boards? has NOTHING to do with Nicks at all, so take your thinly vailed threats and stick em up ya clacker!
thepowerfromport 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 12:52 pm

Just to clear some things up here, I have no idea who Dan is. I assume somebody from a Brisbane forum. Yes cooldewd did visit our boards and things did start getting a bit personal, but we had some email communication about it and it was sorted out and he decided to move on elsewhere anyway. No great drama. If I have a problem with someone from another club and they persist in stirring after being warned I would ban them, not come here complaining to your forum. I know that what people registered here do away from this board has nothing to do with Nick's. It's a personal issue and I would handle it as such.

Yes somebody from our forum did visit here and take an interest in what you had to say re: the heritage guernseys and posted a link at our forum and some people replied. We have over 400 members and not many responded to the thread so I think the majority of the people from our site wouldn't be bothered by comments made here. I only came here because I was alerted to this thread and thought I should clear up that thepowerfromport site has no issues with Nick's. These forums are for discussing your club and comments about opposition clubs will inevitably end up coming into some posts. That's the way it is and should be. Without any rivalry there wouldn't be much passion in footy.
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 1:02 pm

Again, what was the point of this thread? There's many Collingwood supporters that use the net, and use other forums (i.e bigfooty, and others) why not post there and ask? I am guessing that someone has copied the username and has decided to start trouble, could it be, that it may have actually been one of your own supporters trying to make some trouble?

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Lorelei Pisces

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 1:09 pm

It is for bragging rights...

"I have a log in name for Nicks and you don't..."

LOL

That is the only thing I can think of that explains it...

Jen

**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**

Floreat Pica
thepowerfromport 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 1:18 pm

I agree Prototype this thread is pointless. Whether he is the real cooldewd, or whether the person came from this site isn't why I posted. I don't care where he came from and it wasn't that big a deal. I just wanted to reply to this thread to say that the sentiments of Dan were not that of thepowerfromport. We have no issue with this board and would like to be kept out of it. I wouldn't post a thread like this here. Like I said I would handle a troll by banning them if it came to that, not come here and start a thread. I just don't like my site being dragged into this post by Dan and want you guys to know that it's not an issue over at our site.
hoggy Pisces

Bristle

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 2:21 pm

Is this the Dan that works for the PAFC in the admin area?
joffa_the_man_in_gold 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 7:20 pm

The ineternet world is indeed a strange place it gives the gutless a voice it gives the socially inactive a chance to create some persona in which he or she would and could never be in real life..it gives those who cannot achieve the chance to swipe at those who can and want to achieve..it further more gives green monsters with very little self esteem in them selves to character assinate those who appear to be more popular with others.

We the collingwood supporter are passionate about the club we follow and we do so proudly not less or any more than any other supporter, we at times may carry on and be a little over the top but we are friendly and never carry out personal vindictive attacks on others on any other bulletin board..sadly to say this cannot be said about other supporters and there very childish treatment to collingwood supporters but we accept it as a part of being a collingwood supporter..the bottom line is the greater majority of people on nicks board are a friendly bunch and would at anytime be only too pleased to meet up for a drink and a chat at any football ground in Australia this is not just talk it is something we have achieved on many occasions..its interesting to note however that at any port game in melb against collingwood i dont believe your supporters were at any stage threatened with violence or had missiles and sputem hurled at them or manhandled in mens toilets...infact your people are most welcome at anytime to come to our cheersquad after any game for a chat and a general catchup and we say this with great pride because its something the others cannot extend to collingwood people.

Be wary of those on your site pretending to be collingwood people trying to start muck.
In battle we will forever be enemies away from battle our hand of friendship shall allways be extended
cheers
joffa

Joffa Corfe

email.. joffa@magpies.net
joffa_the_man_in_gold 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 7:36 pm

Infact it would have meant a lot if somebody from your board had the courtesy to apologise for the treatment we endured at AAMI stadium this year on this site.

We hold no grudges against the port supporter lets keep the friendly game day rivalry alive but lets respect the fact that when the game is over its over and treat one another with due respect
Good on ya port supporters if we somehow dont get the cup i hope you's give it one mighty shake Wink
cheers
joffa

Joffa Corfe

email.. joffa@magpies.net
Im a hot pie chic 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 7:47 pm

Well said Joffa. I'm envious of you mob in Melb.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: