Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pies Tipped for the Big Wooden Stirrer

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DIPPER 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2000 10:13 pm
Post subject: Pies Tipped for the Big Wooden StirrerReply with quote

I got a bit of a shock on Bigfooty reading people's tips for next year at the number of them who tipped Collingwood to come bottom of the ladder (& I don't even think it was all out of spite)Surely things can't be that bad?I mean the Saint's only won about twice last season & some people are picking them for top four.Old Dipper nearly shed a few tears for all his black & white pals-say it ain't so Joe!
joffa#2001 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2000 4:16 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

It would not suprise me if collingwood were wooden spooners next year dipper!The reason everybody is tipping the saints to do well
is due to their massive recruiting which has netted them many fine players.At this stage you would have to say that as things stand right now the saints have moved above the pies on the ladder but the saints are now under more pressure than collingwood if st kilda dont do well with there new coach and new players they would have spent a lot of money on nothing.
I believe that if the saints dont finish top 4 next season they
have failed badly.You have to admire collingwood they have decided on a youth recruiting programme and are sticking to it and i believe that maybe in a couple of years time this will prove to be the correct way.But youth does not guarantee success
it only guarantees optimism if we fail we have failed badly infact if we do fail i dread to think what maybe in future for collingwood as i believe this is our last stand to be a successful club once again,dont be mistaken collingwood people
their is a lot at risk here.My faith remains high because we have a very good coach we have some fine good players not too many but we have some good ones and i really believe that collingwood have done ok in recruiting so far,we are not buying success overnite like what the saints are trying to do,we have installed a youth programme and believe you me if it pays off it will be seen to be the most sucessful programme in the last 50 years of vfl/afl football.We have to be patient we have to hold back our emotions as this all takes place.If all fails i congratulate collingwood for having the guts to hold on to this vision, it is at the moment however a vision of dreams.

SHITE HERE COMES WOZZA AND COLLINGWOOD THE MIGHTY BLACK AND WHITE.

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2000 5:54 am

well i reckon north will be close to the bottom. they've bloody gone to the pack.
Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2000 1:24 pm

Sorry but what the Saints have done to rectify season 2000's pathetic year is a fricken stand out more than any other club has ever done.

As for Pies well i am tipping them 14th however i am hoping they will prove me waaay wrong just like Melbourne did this year who would have ever picked them to come flying up outta know where like they did!

and Roos well i dunno CQ even if they start off shit u gotta watch them towards the last half of the season coz they have had a lot more recent experience in September than Pies have lately.

seems the one to finish well below the ladder is West Coast according to most big footy wankas i dunno why but they've got a few alright players. If u ask me Adelaide look screwed!

???

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2000 2:01 pm

ah Mags so u were the other one with Joffa in Smith Street ha!

???

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2000 10:10 pm

At the beginning of this year I tipped us to finish in the top 4. What impeccable judgement!!!

For 2001 I'm tipping us to finish 16th. I don't think we'll win a match.

I also don't believe the Club will exist, in its present form, for much longer. I think a merger ... or extinction ... is on the horizon.

------------------
**floreat pica**

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2000 1:16 pm

Just in case you didn't know. I ain't gonna let Collingwood go extinct and neither are many other people. We aint having no Rabbitohs repeat down here thankyou. And do you really think the AFL would let that happen, be it a merger of extinction. I would think the AFL would change all the draft etc rules so Collingwood could become strong if it got to that bad a state.

Next year we will finish outside the top 8. But it won't be as low as this year. The whole team needs stamina building over the pre season.
Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2000 1:43 pm

We may be playing like Fitzroy but I cant see a club ran by Eddie being extinct. A severe member drop i can see happening but!

???

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2000 5:28 pm

yeah collingwood wont go. c'mon hawthorn and the saints would go b4 we do! eddie would probably buy 100,000 memberships all for himself if we looked like going!
joffa#2001 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2000 8:09 pm

Get real folks

stand on the outside and look in like im doing
we have won 2 premierships in 43 years finished down the bottom in modern times more than what we would ever have nightmared.

We are still living in our great past of early to mid last century, you all know how much i love collingwood shit i would kill for this club!!

But to be honest we have been an embarrassment we are not great
we used to be.

Like i said in an earlier post here if this youth programme does not work and if more and more collingwood scumbag bandwagoners walk away in droves as they have beeen doing,WE WILL BE IN VERY BIG SHIT and that my collingwood bretheran is putting it lightly!!!

London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2000 1:46 am

Try 3 flags in 60+ years. I don't think we will ever go under, but if we don't get it right this time, I don't see us ever going up either. We could end up like a crappy mid table side in the Premier League, never winning any bloody thing, or even looking like it for more than half a season. Our year would be over in June!
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2000 5:09 am

well we should just wait and see what happens this year b4 we go on saying 'oh were gone IF this happens' dont write em off b4 they've even started.
Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2000 11:30 am

Ah well as shit as it gets we r all still gonna barrack for them no matter what right? Well i certainly am!

Although all this youth scares me i guess it means we will at least have a fast running side which is what u need these days in footy to keep up with the other sides. Now that Josh, Davis etc have got a few senior games under their belts things will be better I reckon. I just wish we had a few more finals players.

???

deanricho 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2000 1:32 pm

Im a huge pie fan and I will be honest in saying that we are not going to finish last next season. I know we aint gonna win the flag but we got just as big a chance as about 8 or 10 of the sides in the making the 8. I do think that Stkilda will finish in the botton 4 along with west coast & Adelaide (dont be surprised to see North or Footscray there either, both a bit old & slow) we will finish anywere between 12th and 5th, the comp is just so even anything can happen.
I would like to say though we are heading in the right section and all though it sux waiting its gonna be our time soon.

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2000 1:39 pm

well even though i am part Sainter i dont think they r gonna go that well either not as much as their delusional fans think anyway.

???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: