Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

LEAVE THE KIDS ALONE

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 5:50 pm
Post subject: LEAVE THE KIDS ALONEReply with quote

Some of you people are pathetic. No, really F@#@ pathetic.

You bag the sh!t out of young men who are developing on one of life's biggest stages.

One loss and out comes the frickin knives. So predictable.

You have your microwaves for instant dinners, your granules for instant coffee, so naturally enough you demand instant effing footballers.

I'm a year younger than Shane Warne.

1980 - Brodie, Scoots, Taz born.
1981 - Leon, Johnno, Rhyce born.
1982 - Cloke, Fraser, Lokan born.
1983 - Cole, Didak, Lonie born.
1984 - McGough born.

I'm ten years older than Tazza and 14 years older than McGough. I did jack with my life when i was their ages (18-23). WHAT WERE YOU DOING AT THEIR AGE? Mentally, physically, socially... you can't bloody train for added experience. Push-ups don't make you street-smart. Ability does not make you wise. Time does. How good was your decision making between the ages of 18-23? How developed was your body?

Get off their backs and let them grow up. If we don't win the flag this year - AND I REALISTICALLY DOUBT THAT WE WILL (There, I've said it) we are assembling a quality unit that can dominate the league in the coming years. IT ALL TAKES TIME. A good supporter supports, a bad supporter is a waste of undie drawer space.

PS. I hope we win the flag of course.
blybo 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 5:53 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Who is this directed at??
blybo 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 6:07 pm

I felt it may be unfairly directed at me for my What to do with Dids thread. I was not being harsh I am a big fan but his development has slowed. I was only asking people's opinion as to how to get the best of a star of the future.
RitchieColeRocks Leo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 6:22 pm
Post subject: ...Reply with quote

your very right, it is hard to think about it like you are them, but i guess people are just so passionate they forget.
magpie willow 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 6:27 pm

Yeah bloody oath im 14 leave the kids alone they had one 6 in a bloddy row before this and now that we lose one game to the good team u come out and say we are a crap team well thats pathetic you all need to stop and get behind the boys because its far from over and im still bloddy confident of a premiership come on woodsmen MAGPIE ARMY GET BEHIND OUR BOYS!!!!!! Twisted Evil

CARN THE PIES!!!!
AGE Aries

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 6:50 pm

Don't think this post was directed to anybody in particular. But there a re few threads talking Taz trades, Cloke and Dids bashings.

But you make a very good point Cam. They are exactly that: Kids.
Lorelei Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 7:39 pm

Our friends, Robbie Williams and Kylie sang all about this subject :

And we’ll paint by numbers
’til something sticks
Don’t mind doing it for the kids
(so come on) jump on board
Take a ride (yeah)
(doin’ it all right)
Jump on board feel the high
’cause the kids are alright

Our kids are good kids. In five years we will still be seeing a stellar Collingwood team on the field, not a heap of scabby old hacks just taking up space.

The footy dept. have never been out there for the quick fix.

Patience! YAYAYAYYA

Jen[/i]

**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**

Floreat Pica
joffa_the_man_in_gold 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 7:56 pm

Cam good onya champ and well said, its a shame isnt it some people pay a bit of cash every year for a membership keeping in mind no one is forced to and these people suddenly think they're bloody shareholders its our job as supporters to support the boys not destroy them, these kids want to succeed they dont go out onto the ground and say well stuff it im not interested today..everyone of them is trying to say otherwise is to talk through your backside.

supportt he boys allways!!!

Joffa Corfe

email.. joffa@magpies.net
Dark Lord Capricorn

He's back...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 9:31 pm

Bravo, Cam.
tdesmaele 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 10:44 pm

Well said Cam...

Fellow supporters bagging out our younger players really SH*TS me. Young players will take time to develop. We can't expect 21-22-23 year olds to play like 26-27-28 year olds. Brisbane, Adelaide and Port Adelaide are the measuring sticks in the competition because they have so much experience. This takes time to develop.

It's not all that long when I can remember a large number of our supporters bagging Tarrant, Liccuria, Rocca, etc. Give the young boys the same amount of time before you judge them. If they are still making the same mistakes at around 25 then I guarantee you they will be out of the league. But until then let's give them a go.

And everyone who wants to trade Didak at the end of the year.
GET A BLOODY CLUE. Who's picks up Didak from the opposition each week? The number one small defender from each club we play. Who did they play on last year. That would have been Nick Davis of course.
At least give Didak some time to get used to this. And believe me it would only help his cause if Leon Davis and Rupert Betheras were playing well. GET OF HIS BACK ALREADY.

I for one are happy with the progress of the younger players like Johnson, Didak, Tarrant, Shaw, Davis, Fraser, Cloke, Holland, Cole, Lokan, Walker, Lonie, Williams, O'Bree, Swan in the seniors and
Shakelton, Mullins, Richards, Nixon, Roe, Maxwell, King in the reserves.
magpiefanatic 

Aged Pensioner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 1:13 am

Good onya Cam...Great post...I think most missed your point though... you were sticking up for McGough.

Sure he didn't fire as he can, but it wasn't his fault we lost..

One week he is a genius and then as only an 18 yr can...has a downer...gees Im sure he really meant to kick the ball into Tazzas snoz.

If only he had played in the granny last year, given the weather and his effort on Voss in Rd 8. Surely would have got more possies and been better than the combined efforts of Molloy and the Davis brothers...

Oh and Tessa....you said you agreed with Cam, yet in your match review on the PM site, you bagged the crap out of McGough...

Last edited by magpiefanatic on Tue Aug 12, 2003 1:28 am; edited 1 time in total
HotPies90 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 1:14 am

Actually, if we sit back and think about it, its quite amazing how good Collingwood is. The top four teams for the last couple of years have been Collingwood, Brisbane, Port Adelaide and Adelaide. Each of one those teams, except for Collingwood, is packed to the brim with very experienced players who have been very good for a very LONG period of time. Its incredible to consider that we have only one player who is 30+ playing for us, Bucks.

In footy you just cannot beat experience and the fact that our list is the 2nd or 3rd youngest, shows just how bloody good our young players have been. Ladies and gentlemen, Mick Malthouse is without a doubt, building a dynasty.

MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 1:22 am

Awesome post Cam. The world is too impatient in this modern day.

So when i'm lying in my bed, thoughts running through my head and i feel that love is dead...
IM LOVING BUCKLEY INSTEAD!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
STOKA35 Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 1:26 am

i agree wth cam and i agree with greg.Cam first yes they are young men trying to play a mans game but these guys are employees of the collingwood football club there job is to win games of football.Unfortunately some of these guys might be traded or delisted because they have not developed,I would love to archive this thread because i dont want to see in 10 years time that these guys will be in our collingwood hack side.I am a true supporter i think, anyway i will watch these guys develope win loose and draw.Another point if these guys take 3-4 years to get expierience what happens to the older players in that time they get 3-4 years older is it a win-win situation?

Gregs view these kids are on great money more than i was getting at there age and probably now.The unfortunate thing is that they are playing in the best football competition in australia which is probably to them like a fish tank and every one watching there move.If winning games of football is not important than these guys will play 10 years or more and if they have'nt improved it does'nt matter.For those people who have jobs(i have own business) if you don't do your job properley what happens you get the sack or dont get paid.
Banksy 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 5:25 am

I agree the kids need time to develop.On the other hand people have the right to air their opinions.....if board members want to come on this board and bag the kids so be it......some good comes out of bagging.
1.We all get to agree and disagree on certain player related comments.
which is why i come on here...to put my point across with the knowledge that not every one would agree with them....how boring would it be if everyone did?
And on people bagging players......for all those who don't know yet....this is the AFL...every club has that type of supporter whether we like it or not.
Footy is a passionate game to follow and you would find that those who bag the kids tend to hurt just like most other one eyed supporters....they just haven't accepted the fact that some players take time to develop.
Unless they're a rare talent.
So cam i do agree with you on younger players taking time to develop..what i don't agree with you is on having a go at those who critisise players...after all this is a board and we all don't think alike.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: