Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What should we do with Dids??

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
M@®© Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 10:44 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Alot of you people expect to much from players
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 10:47 am

I expect a contest and hardness at the contest. I think Malthouse would as well. If not they can go and play for Richmond they have plenty of softies on their list.
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 11:12 am

Just let him play a full game on the ground for once. Maybe start him around midfield to get a few early touches then move him onto the half forward line.

jlc

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 11:16 am

I agree JLC.
blybo 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 12:18 pm

Pies4Premiers wrote:
Alot of you people expect to much from players

This is not a bagging session, just interested in peoples opinions as to how to help his game along. I think, like others, that he has been hampered by to little game time and the MM plan for openess in our forward. I'm not suggesting MM's plans are'nt right, they mostly worked well, they just haven't suited Dids.
Dids has been great in the goal scoring department considering his game time, but has only had a couple of games where he has had good possesion numbers. I think he's getting better over the last 3-4 weeks but needs a more definate role that he can concerntrate on.
Jonesy Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 12:20 pm

For a bloke whos kicked 25+ goals from very limited opportunities, I think Dides is doing enough to warrant his spot in the team. If he is indeed in the team to kick goals, what are the chances of us actually seeing him play somewhere near the big sticks. Surely we have enough capable midfielders at present, that we dont need to throw him in there aswell.

And maybe he is a victim of hightened expectations after the Wizard Cup??
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 12:46 pm

I think the opposition know what he can do and therefore tag him more compared with last year.
Jonesy Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 12:55 pm

I agree that he probably gets much more attention now, especially with the likes of a Nick Davis leaving, he is now that key crumbing forward.

Why not try play him one out in the goalsquare for 10-15 minutes, just to mix things up abit. Instead we may become too predictable with Taz or Anthony the main focus. I think we all know just how skilled and smart Dides is when he is near the footy, ive him the chance to go 1 on 1 with his opponent and I'll back him most of the time.
Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 10:09 am

MM always has a trick or two up his sleeve. Isn't it funny how how Dids had such an awesome wiz cup and then has played majority of this footy in other positions and roles than the wiz cup? Don't be surprised to see this man return to his wiz cup role come September.

All WA Magpies join the Western Magpies now:
http://www.westernmagpies.com
(At least go and sign the guestbook).
stoid Virgo

stoid

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 12:18 pm
Post subject: DidakReply with quote

Quite simply, what we need to do with Didak is to drop him to Willy. Hopefully that will bring out some much needed hunger and aggression in this “Croatian Sensation”. In his place I’d put in Davis. I believe that while we have two forward pockets, why not use it to the team’s advantage and make it a contest between the two of them for that prized spot. I’m sure Davis will bust his balls to keep his spot and Didak will explode if dropped to Willy, he’ll come back with some confidence and maybe take Molly’s spot if he’s still doing nothing come finals.
Just a thought.
Hopefully a move like this will bring him back to the form that Blanch just wrote about.
Jonesy Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 12:47 pm

Cant see any point dropping him this close to finals. maybe MM should just tell Dides that he will play a full game...in one position, which may give him the chance to play the way we know he is capable of...with flair and confidence. At the the moment he must think if he makes one mistake the runner will be out to him quick as a flash.

And I cant see any reason why both Davis and Didak cant play in the same team, if we have struggled anywhere in the last 2 weeks it has been a lack of small crumbing forwards. We cant expect Taz and Anthony to take 20 marks between them week in week out.
chalky 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 3:22 pm

Jonesy, from what I can gather MMs game plan has altered somewhat from last year, where then, we only had the one true crumbing forward, Leon Davis plus a marking type in Nick Davis. MM persevered with a similar type set up for a few weeks early on, but has since gone to a more flexible midfield rotation through the forward 50, that has seen the likes of Burns, O'B, Dids and Buxs all share the goal kicking duties at stages. That is why Leon, at this point anyway, is still languishing with Willy - if he is going to force his way back into the seniors, the only way will be, to be part of that midfield rotation. It will not be solely as a FP/crumbing player. As such, he will keep earning his stripes playing in the middle for Willy. MM has kept his forward options open (even saw Cole take a shot vs Bears!), everyone coasts through and does their bit. One dimentional forward play is not in the playbook 2003. Hence Dids will not be left to play a whole game as only a FP. He will have to take turns
There is no reason why the two of them can't be in the side together, but it would seem, as long as they are both part of the midfield
peter_pies4ever 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 3:22 pm

Give him a full game against Adelaide and if he is still struggling put him at Williamstown to get some confidence.
peter_pies4ever 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 9:29 pm

The only way he can prove himself is to have a full game to get some confidence back. We all know his capabilities he hasn't kicked a bag of goals this year maybe his chance will come soon if he can have a full game.
Pied Piper Aries

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 12:23 am

maggies2003 wrote:
and to think, we got this fellow as a top 10 draft pic...he is no chris judd...

Oh, boo bloody hoo! Come to think of it, very few players are Chris Judd. Actually, as far as I know there's only one Chris Judd in the AFL... Chris Judd.

Give the kid a break. You wouldn't have said something like that when he was breaking through last year, or during the Wiz Cup. Different players mature at different rates. Judd already has the body of a 25 year old.

Didak's got enormous potential. He may need to go back to Willi for a time, but he won't be there for long, because he's too good to be playing at that level.

I'm quite happy to watch Alan Didak grow up as Alan Didak - a player with special gifts and still a lot to learn. He'll give us plenty in the years to come and doesn't need to be burdened by comparisons to others when he's barely played 40 senior games.

The Weed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: