Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Crowd

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peter_pies4ever 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 3:22 pm
Post subject: CrowdReply with quote

Yesterday's crowds of 61,868 is a great effort considering it was a game against an interstater. It is reported in today's Herald Sun that the club could make about $300,000 from gate takings yesterday. A great result financially for the club it was just a pitty we didn't get a win.
maggie20ct Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 3:23 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

a win wouldve bee the chocolate icing on the cake but oh well at least the crowd is one positive....
chalky 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 9:06 pm

Except for those that chose to leave early in last!!
As a vocal Pies supportor in the midst of barracking and waving the flag it was embarassing as the bears waved them goodbye. Geez, that's what we do to Dees supportors!
maggie20ct Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 9:45 pm

good point chalky, hope it never happens again, wat an embarrassment
MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 9:50 pm

Yep it was absolutely disgraceful. An embarrassment to our gr8 club. My aunty had been in labor since 3am that morning and we still waited for the siren before flying back to Ballarat to the hospital. You have to stay til the end to support the boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So when i'm lying in my bed, thoughts running through my head and i feel that love is dead...
IM LOVING BUCKLEY INSTEAD!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 9:57 pm

I think it was too much for some of the supporters, I am not going to bag them for leaving the game. I wouldn't want to be sitting near a person from the other team getting abused over the scoreline.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
STOKA35 Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 10:13 pm

i even watched the whole broadcast on fox even the lions singing the song.
Lone Ranger 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 10:29 pm

How stupid were the AFL and MCC saying this was a "normal" game and they did not expect a big crowd. They thought 55,000 at most. The Southern Stand was full at 1:10pm. People were sent to the top of Olympic and had to stand at the back 3 deep. What a disgrace. They should have thrown open the AFL and MCC member areas at 2pm.
AGE Aries

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 10:58 pm

chalky wrote:
Except for those that chose to leave early in last!!
As a vocal Pies supportor in the midst of barracking and waving the flag it was embarassing as the bears waved them goodbye. Geez, that's what we do to Dees supportors!

The most disgusting thing I heard yesterday came in about the 3rd quarter. A boy in the seat behind, no more than about 6-7 yo, said to his parents, "Looks like we're leaving early again aren't we?"

I just could not believe my ears.
molloymagic Aquarius

*Thanks 4 the great memorys Jarrod!**miss ya*

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 12:20 am

I had a gut full from these women sitting in front of me,constantly bagging OUR PLAYERS!!!. Well a few of them but when other players did things wrong,they DID NOT ONCE bag them!!!!!!!!!!!!. I hate that!!!!!!!!!!.
At 1 stage i wanted to strangle them,i mean,they did it from the word go.

I to,hate seeing supporters leave before the final siren. The players can't leave,we r a team, thru thick and thin. Mind u,i got a taste of what it feels like to lose and be in melbourne because after the game,i walked thru the train station with my collingwood stuff still on(u know,proudly wearing it,even tho we lost) and this person asked me if i was a collingwood supporter,i mean HELLO i am wearing a collingwood scarf,members hat etc OF COURSE I FOLLOW THE PIES and she says something like'oh ur losing' and i'm like 'oh really,tell me something i don't know,i was there!' i also got these people stop me in the street and asked me what the score was and it was like this all the way thru flinders st station,spencer st station etc i mean god,i didn't realise what melbourne pie fans go thru when we lose. I had to put up with idiots stopping me in the street etc for just a week. plus i had to be on a plane today with 2 lion supporters who took gr8 delight in laughing at the picture of buckley in todays herald sun.

*'94-03:10 Gr8 yrs*
*169 Games* *'02 V.C*
*2nd in '01 copeland
MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 1:24 pm

Yep its a joke Molloy Magic Crying or Very sad So very very hard to keep your cool sometimes.

So when i'm lying in my bed, thoughts running through my head and i feel that love is dead...
IM LOVING BUCKLEY INSTEAD!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
DaicosMagic Scorpio

1970 Grand Final Boundary Umpire

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 2:55 pm

Can we no get into another 'leaving before the final siren' argument like after the Wizard Cup GF loss?

They may have been a "disgrace", but our great club was hardly "great" - on field WE were a "disgrace". The players can't leave? Give me $100,000 and I'll gladly stand on the field posing as a player 8 goals down, too. I mean, that's what our team did, anyways.

I stayed to the end, so what. Good luck to you if you want to leave. Staying through that, and the frustration that comes with it - one could nearly blow a vein that it's probably safer to leave early, anyway.
peter_pies4ever 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 3:34 pm

According to channel ten news last night apparently some supporters were locked out on Saturday and the club will be investigating this. If that's the case the capacity obviously isn't 70,000 so why has it been said all year capacity is 70,000 when people are being locked out when the ground only has 61,000.
kazi 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 3:52 pm

I can tell you for certain that supporters were locked out on Saturday. We arrived at MCG about an hour before the game started and still couldn't find any seats, so we went out to see whether we could buy some last minute reserved seats. No luck there, but at least we were allowed back in because we got some ground passes. There were some supporters who were demanding to be let into the ground at that stage - it wasn't pretty!
We ended up having to stand at the back of the Olympic stand while the Great Southern Stand reserve seats were half empty. Disgraceful.
peter_pies4ever 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 4:20 pm

Next time if you can't find a seat Kazi come down to M3 standing area. The atmosphere is mad.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: