Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

System problems - some posts may be affected

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 12:28 pm
Post subject: System problems - some posts may be affectedReply with quote

The database holding all the posts and board settings was corrupted in the early hours of the morning. Fortunately a back-up had been run only a few hours earlier so after it was restored there was very little impact on the board. However, if you posted in the period between the backup and restore your post will have disappeared.

I doubt that many people would have been active at that time of the morning, but if any your posts have gone missing, that's the reason - they haven't been zapped by a moderator.

Apologies for any losses, but it was outside our control.

... waiting for the 'corrupted' database jokes...
joffa_the_man_in_gold 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 12:32 pm
Post subject: Re: System problems - some posts may be affectedReply with quote

Mike wrote:
The database holding all the posts and board settings was corrupted in the early hours of the morning. Fortunately a back-up had been run only a few hours earlier so after it was restored there was very little impact on the board. However, if you posted in the period between the backup and restore your post will have disappeared.

I doubt that many people would have been active at that time of the morning, but if any your posts have gone missing, that's the reason - they haven't been zapped by a moderator.

Apologies for any losses, but it was outside our control.

Maybe mike the system will respond and abolish stupid one line replys generally nothing to do with topics..aahhhh one can only wish
cheers

Joffa Corfe

email.. joffa@magpies.net
Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 12:44 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the lead-in joffa, perfick!

You might have noticed that the post count function has recently been removed. The reason for that is that the board was being flooded with inanity (if that's a word... crap, if it isn't). There was some sort of competition between two recently high-profile individuals involving money and post counts. Warnings were ignored so I completely removed the post count function.

Hopefully the inane one-liners will now disappear, to be replaced by pertinent, thoughtful, sharp and provocative one-liners... sorry, got Walter Mittied there for a minute.

I apologise to all those people who enjoyed knowing their post counts and who didn't abuse the system, but the welfare of the community comes first.
Joe 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 2:08 pm

For those that did abuse the system.Look out as the demons in hell await you with pitchforks and you are gonna burn in hell forever.I am shaking in my shoes,I dont want a pitchfork up my clacker.
Hopefully that is creative.
Who knows with the money I made I can by five or six properties in Tasmania.
By the way,if i annoyed you Joffa and anyone else with my very few one liners please forgive me.
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 9:08 pm
Post subject: Re: System problems - some posts may be affectedReply with quote

Mike wrote:
You might have noticed that the post count function has recently been removed. The reason for that is that the board was being flooded with inanity (if that's a word... crap, if it isn't). There was some sort of competition between two recently high-profile individuals involving money and post counts. Warnings were ignored so I completely removed the post count function.

Oh so that's why it went missing? Lucky I read this it saved me a question. Did I end up winning the money? I can finally buy a brain lol. Sorry I couldn't help it, atleast it was almost a funny joke.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
AGE Aries

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 11:21 pm

Oh my God I thought I was going crazy. I was looking in my profile the other day and noticed it missing. Then I thought, maybe it never exsisted, but maybe it did.

Just a question though, how come you got rid of all our old posts in our profiles though? I can understand why the stats are gone, but why the posts?
Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 11:52 pm

No posts were deleted when we removed the post counts Age. You mean the link to your posts on the profile page? That was a part of the post count function and went at the same time.

If you want to find your posts, you can use the Search function.
AGE Aries

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 11:59 pm

Yep I meant that function Mike.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I 'm not crazy afterall. Although some people will discagree with that.

Thanks again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: