Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

WCE Heritage....

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AGE Aries

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 2:30 am
Post subject: WCE Heritage....Reply with quote

Can anyone explain why the WCE wore the old blue strip against the Crows? I remember they used to wear a predominantly yellow strip with blue trim in their first years. Or am I dreaming?
joffa_the_man_in_gold 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 9:36 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont want anyone thinking im a little sour on yesterdays results but brisbane lions heritage was brisbane bears was it not ?

Joffa Corfe

email.. joffa@magpies.net
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 10:00 am

Yes Joffa, however because Fitzroy merged with them, they believe that they have the Fitzroy heritge and the history that goes with that.

I think Lynch is Heritage ( or is that relic?)

MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 2:29 pm

I was wondering the same thing AGE. I was expecting the predomiantly yellow strip.

I agree with you Joffa. Its pathetic the way they carry on as if they are still Fitzroy. Theyre much more 'Brisbane Bears' than they are 'Fitzroy Lions'.

So when i'm lying in my bed, thoughts running through my head and i feel that love is dead...
IM LOVING BUCKLEY INSTEAD!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
M@®© Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 2:48 pm

Brisbane history with fitzroy went back to 1996 there real history is the bears of 1987 i dont know whoo there trying to kid by claiming history with the fitzroy lions of 1944 i guess it was to make all fitzroy followers had something to do with the heritage game. brisbane started there history as the bears anyone who says that there history is with the old fitzroy lions are kidding them selfs
MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 2:55 pm

Very well said Pies for Premiers.

So when i'm lying in my bed, thoughts running through my head and i feel that love is dead...
IM LOVING BUCKLEY INSTEAD!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
joffa_the_man_in_gold 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 5:32 pm

And while we are at it what bloody heritage do port power have with port adelaide did they not come into OUR competition as PORT POWER FOOTBALL CLUB...Where is the teal color in there heritage jumper, again the AFL has dumped big time on collingwood by allowing this very ordinary football club PORT POWER with little heritage to wear OUR black and white stripes...I thought there was an agreement when these imbicilic tryhards came into OUR competition they were not to wear black and white...someone has indeed told us big time porkies

Answers please !!!!!

They have been nothing of an imbarrassment since comming into OUR competition i guess REAL premierships are a lot harder to win than some out back country cup thing

Joffa Corfe

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 6:24 pm

West Coast probably couldn't get the jumpers designed for the game, but I am only guessing.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 6:35 pm

That's not exactly true, there are many former Fitzroy supporters that have supported Brisbane from day one. I would say half of the Brisbane supporters are bandwagoners, maybe even less. I know someone who is a major bandwagon supporter that supports them. Anyways, it's good for some of the long suffering Lions supporters (Fitzroy, not Brisbane) getting to see their jumper again. Too bad it wasn't their last jumper, because I actually liked that jumper.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
hoggy Pisces

Bristle

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 10:18 pm

There was never an official club known as "Port Power Football Club", it was just a nickname made up by the media, fans, etc.

It has always been Port Adelaide Football Club since day 1 it was born.

AGE Aries

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 10:42 pm

1. I somehow think if yesterday's game was scheduled in Brisbane I think they would have worn the old Bears jumper.

2. Eagles jumpers? I'm over that now.

and 3. The only positive thing I could find from watching the Port/Carlton game today was seeing who looked good in a B&W striped jumper come trade time.
hoggy Pisces

Bristle

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 11:00 pm

AGE wrote:
3. The only positive thing I could find from watching the Port/Carlton game today was seeing who looked good in a B&W striped jumper come trade time.

But Nick Stevens is injured. Confused

joffa_the_man_in_gold 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 11:06 pm

hoggy wrote:
There was never an official club known as "Port Power Football Club", it was just a nickname made up by the media, fans, etc.

It has always been Port Adelaide Football Club since day 1 it was born.

What heritage does the port adelaide football club have in the Australian rules football competition......ZILCH...ZERO...SFA

So why was it wearing a black and white jumper..the black and white jumper is very much collingwood's heritage in the VFL/AFL

can somebody answer please!!!

Joffa Corfe

MR_Philby 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 11:40 pm

The Port Adelaide Football Club which has been in existence since 1870 is the one and same PAFC that is now in the AFL. The team currently in the SANFL is a new entity formed in 1997 and is known as the Port Adelaide Magpies Football Club.......

The club is over 125 years old and the idea of heritage week is to celebrate the heratige of the club not the Team........

So I think it is appropriate to select the jumper which was probably the most successful to the club of its history. It also hold significance because we also beat Carlton in that jumper in 1914........
AGE Aries

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 11:57 pm

MR_Philby wrote:
....So I think it is appropriate to select the jumper which was probably the most successful to the club of its history. It also hold significance because we also beat Carlton in that jumper in 1914........

What you mean? We played in the prison-bar jumper too? I don't think so

Also I think everyone's arguement is that Port should have worn their original jumper from their inception to the AFL.
If what Philby stated is true that Port Adelaide now is the PA of 120 years ago, then their heritage ties are to the PA of the SANFL, not VFL/AFL. It was heritage of the VFL/AFL not SANFL.

Sydney wore the SM jumper because of the ties to the old VFL, and then we could've argued Freo should not have worn a South Freo jumper. Because their ties would be to the WAFL.

Anyway who cares.
The AFL Heritage Weekend will happen again sometime in the 2100's, and Port will wear the B&W again. And we'll all be long gone. Let's leave this discussion for our grandkids kids.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: