Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Board challenge

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
the prez 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2000 3:25 pm
Post subject: Board challengeReply with quote

I reckon the 3 guys planning on running for the board should might as well pull out now cos they've got no hope of getting on.Don't try and create friction with the board and try supporting them.They've only been there 2 years and already challengers are coming out with the knives.Don't forget every board nominee always talks about the current board's lack of achievements and how their business expertise will be invaluable to the club.Haven't we heard all this b4?We heard the same thing from the current board.And when they can't find faults off the field they turn their attention on the field.While I've got nothing against healthy competion,step back and look aththe facts that this board has restored the club to a much healthier position than it was when it came in.Considering the direction the club was heading and the debts it had the fact that we are now debt free,attracting a lot more sponsors,secured a champion coach and facilitated the cleanout that should have occurred years ago,these guys have achieved a fair bit in such a short time.Add to that the proposed new social club at the "G",the move of training and admin facilities to Olympic Park(like it or not it will happen)and even our work for the community with the Chairmans Program and u see this board has packed a lot into 2 years.Theodossi talks about our trading record and good players leaving.Well everyone knows that West Coast wouldn't deal with us cos of MM,Hamill is an overrated overpaid player whose probably suited to a pocket and besides 14 other clubs missed out on star recruits too.Mal Michael and Willo leaving was a shame but we'll benefit more with Molloy than with Mal and Willo wasn't able to step up to that next level where he was required.As for Sciercesse's paln for redeveloping Vic Park,um..hello...haven't we already done that.One of Big Al's disasters that created the hole the club's been in for the last few years.Besides any redeveloping of Vic Park would require tearing down new housing as well as council and residents approval and we know that will never happen.
This board's achieved alot in 2 years,I look forward to seeing how much more they achieve in the next couple years.

GO WOODS

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2000 5:24 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

duh Mags thats why u tell them u r bloody over 18 so u can vote? jeez thats wot i did with Melbourne. Anyway i dont think all clubs make u be over 18 to vote???

???

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2000 7:58 pm

Thanks for your vote of support, Mags, but I've got no plans to run for the Board. Football is a DIRTY, DIRTY business. And I am much too pure and innocent to get mixed up with it.

There's a great quote from Dyson Hore-Lacey, Q.C., the former Fitzroy president.

Shortly after the merger with Brisbane, the eminent lawyer said:

"I've been appearing for crims for 25 years ... but I never knew what a real crim was until I got involved in football administration."

Enough said.

------------------
**floreat pica**

[This message has been edited by AlfAndrews (edited 02 December 2000).]

joffa#2001 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2000 4:51 am

Can me and brutus nominate,WOW.

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2000 1:18 pm

LEAVE the board how it is. Don't be crazy and vote new people onto the board. Eddie and Friends have built the club ALOT more than what would ever have been expected by ANY previous administration and I will be thoroughly annoyed if any of the runner actually get onto the board. Colingwood WILL be strong again and it will be all because of the current administrations' decisions and choices.

I am looking forward to the next few years (maybe not next year) but the year after and so on, we WILL be there and I repeat it will be because of the CURRENT administration.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: