Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Tarrant conspiracy must stop!!!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fan4collingwood Aries

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 10:33 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

We are an honest team, and have always been honest in our history. This sometimes means we don't get the frees we should get.
As Tarrant is being held around the neck, or by the jumper, he still goes for the ball with all his effort, so the umpire doesn't notice the arm around his neck.

I think its not just an umpiring conspiracy, but the whole AFL are in on this.

The AFL don't want a fair ballgame when Collingwood are concerned, as they are worried at the Power we as supporters of the greatest team would have over the AFL.

We all know how great our team is, and we just call for a fair go. Please.

Piepark 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 11:43 am
Post subject: TarrentReply with quote

I agree totally Joffa. The umpires pay more frees against him for the way he positions himself than any other forward !!! Think back to the Geelong game the free that he was penalised for, for mearly using his strength and taking the mark !! It was the worst decision this year. Yet yesterday he gets, grabbed, held, tackled and taken high ALL BEFORE THE BALL IS EVEN NEAR HIM and he gets nothing. Inconsistency is killing a great game and the way in which the white, red and orange maggots interprete indiscretions is a joke. If the AFL and Gieschen think that is good umpiring well I will give the game away. We don't mind fair and justifiable decisions, but inconsistent vindictive decisions make me want to scream !!!!!
P.S this takes nothing away from bad football we play but, it doesn't justify crap umpiring either.
MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 2:31 pm

I could go on forever about this topic. Yesterday left me feeling very hoarse and screaming words i didnt think i was capable of saying. The way in which Tazza stays so composed when he is so harshly dealt with is a credit to him. It makes me so sick to watch the way he is treated every week. Im about ready to flip.

So when i'm lying in my bed, thoughts running through my head and i feel that love is dead...
IM LOVING BUCKLEY INSTEAD!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
M@®© Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 2:40 pm

They had a stat on foxtels league teams and Collingwood is ranked 16th for frees inside forward 50 .....that says it all
MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 2:58 pm

Yep that doesnt surprise me and it is poor Taz who is the main one who gets f*** all. I know alot of forwards have gotten a rough deal this year but Taz has to be by far the unluckiest forward going around.

So when i'm lying in my bed, thoughts running through my head and i feel that love is dead...
IM LOVING BUCKLEY INSTEAD!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
maggie20ct Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 3:03 pm

[quote="MissMagpie_20"]Yesterday left me feeling very hoarse and screaming words i didnt think i was capable of saying. quote]

yes, i know EXACTLY how you feel!

Lone Ranger 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 3:25 pm

It seems fairly clear that Gieschen has instructed them that holding the jumper or arm is a free, but wrapping arms around your oppoenent is OK. I am being serious here. I watched on Foxtel today and you hear Tazz asking why no free for being held ... he gets told that is was just "man on man" contact.
I agree that this happens too much to most forwards but it hurts Tazz worse as he doesnt want to stand and wrestle like say Lynch prefers, we wants to sprint away from his opponent.
The one time they grabbed him and dragged him down, Tazz got a free. But everytime they simply wrapped arms around him to stop him going for the ball, play on was called.
This interpretation is ruining the game.
peter_pies4ever 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 3:29 pm

It is so frustrating that Tarrant does not get many free kicks yet compared to Matthew Lloyd who gets heaps for just acting. If the umpires were consistent we wouldn't have this crap!!
maggie20ct Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 3:37 pm

would you guys believe that some dropkick came onto OUR pies forum and posted the link to this thread to the BigFooty forum so that all supporters from other teams could try and prove us wrong...i mean talk about low
and wat were they doing on nicks anyway, these ppl are so obsessed with the pies i just cant understand it

joffa_the_man_in_gold 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 5:44 pm

maggie20ct wrote:
would you guys believe that some dropkick came onto OUR pies forum and posted the link to this thread to the BigFooty forum so that all supporters from other teams could try and prove us wrong...i mean talk about low
and wat were they doing on nicks anyway, these ppl are so obsessed with the pies i just cant understand it

I wouldnt worry too much about the bigfooty site, after all its only a 'prostitute' sort of football forum trying to and very successfully selling its self to the social inept losers in our society right across australia.

Of course they would come in here and pinch our topics so to speak, i mean come on what sort of life intelligence visits bigfooty..you would find more intelligence in the sputem and vomit laying outside some night club in king st.

Joffa Corfe

email.. joffa@magpies.net
Whitey Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 1:20 pm

Quote:
the best thing that chris tarrant had better do is go to the registry of births deaths and marraiges this week and change his name to chris lynch or chris lloyd cause then he might start getting some deserved frees
hes been getting scragged for years so this aint nothing new

exactly, very true, has been going on for 2 years or so. tarrant should be getting alot more frees. He is scragged every week, and would have kicked alot more goals if not for the umpires giving him nothing. That said, i don't think it's a conspiracy - just that the umpires have no idea of what's acting, and what's real. Other forwards get it also, but not to the degree tarrant does, as already stated above.
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 1:40 pm

The thing that annoys me the most is when i watch another game on TV and soft free kicks are paid that are a lot less than Tarrants.

Its also quite funny how the AFL has made a big fuss about Tagging and illegal tactics being a blight on our game as it stops the best midfielders performing at their best. I would say some of the poor treatment Neitz and Tarrant cop is equally a blight on the game as many people go to the footy to see the great forwards of the game.

jlc

Budgie 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 3:05 pm

Yes Tarrant gets screwed by the umpires but so do the majority of forwards in the game. The umps are too afraid to pay frees in the forward 50 because they perceive that giving a free that isn't there is much worse than not giving a free that is there. So the majority of the time they just call play on. The same thing happens every week, i know its not right but you just have to live with it because it aint changing this year.

Anyway it is probably the wrong week to raise this because the umpiring on the weekend favoured us.
DaicosMagic Scorpio

1970 Grand Final Boundary Umpire

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 3:06 pm

I'll tell you what doesn't help - very week now, as soon as the ball gets near Tarrant, the crowd groans in anticipation of a free kick, and the umpires won't fall for it. We seem to want a free kick every time now. It's not our fault, because he gets nothing, but it has snowballed to the fact that every Tarrant situation is accompanied by the crowd wanting a free kick, and the umpires, subconsciously or not, will spite us for wanting one every time - and the only reason it has reached this stage is because they have allowed Tarrnt to be scragged illegally all year with no compensation.

The amount of times Tarrant has been raped by the opposition this year I wouldn't be surprised if he was having triplets.
Jonesy Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 4:26 pm
Post subject: LAck of Umpire SupportReply with quote

I think we all saw it last year in the last quarter of the Grand Final, when Darryl White was all over Chris like chocky topping, and the bottom line is...in big games umpires will not pay free kicks to forwards close to goals. It is just a mindset these umpires have and I cant see it changing in the near future.

But..I think we all agree that Tazza will work through it because he is far too talented and clever to let it affect his game too much.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: