Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Brisbane get a sneak preview of what to expect tomorrow

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tomoleary Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 3:59 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry Willow mate, I can completly understand.

I probably wouldn't have given an earful to the players outside the game nowadays but would've done the same thing at your age. Being from the same sort of area (I'm from rosanna/went to parade college) I can understand where you're coming from. When you're at an all-boys school and you're confronted with a situation like that, most guys will hang shit on them.

I don't think the Brisbane "players" deserve to cop it as none have a say in which club they were drafted to. I have the utmost respect for Leigh Matthews, really admire Micheal Voss. I don't know why so many of you hate Akermanis so much.
However I strongly feel...especially after going to the last 3 collingwood and brisbane games that lions supporters are no where as near as passionate as us, especially the Queenslanders. We got a large amount of pain from the Grand Final, but the Lions supporters deserved a bit of joy. The old bears ones because they we're always just crap and the old Fitzroy ones for losing their club and not winning a flag since 1944.

I just hate the old Fitzroy supporters always being so arrogant about how good the Brisbane Lions are, especially when I was at school last year. I just believed it was some kind of destiny that Brisbane wouldn't win last year's flag. They were a minority in the school that always pissed us off.

And no I don't hate Queenslanders

I was talking to this bloke from Brisbane in a pub last week who was a Lions supporter and had a chat about last year's Grand Final and the Coll and Bris rivalry.

After talking for a good hour and a bit I felt his love for Brisbane was about as strong as my and most Melbournians love for the Melbourne Storm. They celebrate and think it's great they won 2 flags, but winning a flag for a Queensland Brisbane supporter isn't like winning a flag for a Collingwood supporter.

That's why Swanny I don't think you can empaphise with Willow, being from Bundaberg.

When I was at Parade, we had huge football rivalries.

Most of the Italians at my school or those from Epping/Lalor/Thomastown supported Carlton; because of the whole Lygon street Carlton thing, the blue of the Italian soccer team, Silvagni, Camporeale ect. Though some did support Collingwood or Essendon.

The Collingwood suppoters we're more often than not from the Diamond Creek/Greensborough/Eltham area and mostly skips. Brayden Shaw, Tony's son was often sadly caught up in all of this. Jarrod Molloy is a typical example of what alot of the Diamo (diamond creek) kids were like in appearance and how they fought their fights.

We always had fights on racial grounds and because of where you were from, and supporting either Carlton or Collingwood had a big say to who's side you we're on.

Through yr 7 and 8 the Carlton supporters gave it to us all the time. When we beat them by 73 points in round 3 2000 it was finally our chance to get the bastards back. Unfortunatly they killed us the 2nd time round that season.

By the time we got to yr 12 and finished school ect. we all pretty much got over it and didn't fight on these grounds anymore. But I can understand that Marcellin wouldn't be too dis-similar to how Parade was, and being at an all-boys school with all the testosterone around you end up doing these sort of things. I know if the Brisbane team came to my school a few years ago they would've been shown a similar amount of respect.

...and I'm not racist and never was. I've always found it amazing that there is so much racism and behaviour such as this around, I understand the psycology of some of the cross town...Thomastown - Greensborough fights, but that's another story.
The thing is it still exists and race did have a big part in Coll/Carl rivalry. It can explain why 14 year old boys especially from all boys schools act the way Willow and his mates did the other day. You've just got to live North Eastern suburban melbourne to understand it.

In our area Fitzroy supporters are a minority group that get's on people's nerves. Tomorrow or when I get up today, we're playing a team wearing Fitzroy jumpers. I've been to 4 or 5 Coll - Fitz games and we didn't lose one. The last 2 times we played them were at Vic Park, and the first game my dad ever took me to was Coll - Fitz in 1990. Fitzroy - Collingwood games were great. One day my little brother got the Fitzroy runner in the head with a tomato. Fitzroy died along time ago and today we are going to do the equivalent of shitting on their grave site.
freddie foxx 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 4:44 am

Magpie Willow you are a legend.
Thats what footy is all about.

As for swanny 21, go get a (snip) shirt and tie (snip)

Its footy, giving crap thats what it is all ABOUT...

give them hell willow. cheers

Personal abuse edited out. Bbmods.

magpie willow 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 10:55 am

Thanks Freddie Foxx good onya mate thanks as well to you tomoleary!

Lets go magpies todays the day we kill these bastards who stole our bloody flag!!!

And we will all give you hell about if afterwards Brisbane LOL GO PIES!

CARN THE PIES!!!!
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 12:05 pm

I'm sure none of us doubt Will's love for the Pies but to describe some of the ways he expresses it as 'passion' is missing the point.

Will, nobody 'stole our flag'. If we had won by 9 points and there were a couple of dodgy umpiring decisions against the Lions, would you be saying WE stole the flag ?

Let's beat 'em on the field and celebrate with our fellow supporters.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Pied Piper Aries

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 1:05 pm

tomoleary wrote:
I was talking to this bloke from Brisbane in a pub last week who was a Lions supporter and had a chat about last year's Grand Final and the Coll and Bris rivalry.

After talking for a good hour and a bit I felt his love for Brisbane was about as strong as my and most Melbournians love for the Melbourne Storm. They celebrate and think it's great they won 2 flags, but winning a flag for a Queensland Brisbane supporter isn't like winning a flag for a Collingwood supporter.

That's why Swanny I don't think you can empaphise with Willow, being from Bundaberg.

Tom, I was born in Melbourne and lived there until I was 15, growing up with Collingwood. Since then I've been in Brisbane, give or take a few years in Sydney along the way. Some of the recent AFL converts up here - the reason why we have a national competition, like it or not - might not know their history as well, but believe me their love for the game is only growing.

Will, I don't want to discourage your passion for the club. But passion for what the boys do ON the field has nothing to do with hurling abuse off it. Despite what anyone here tries to tell you, that's not "what it's all about". It doesn't mean you have to be a so-called penguin (Rolling Eyes ) when you're at the game. I want you to go home with your throat raw from screaming! But if you support the club, you are also a representative of it. Remember that.

Weed

Swanny21 Leo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 6:36 pm

Say no more:( Was it just me or were we chasing Brisbane all day?
geordie_matt 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 7:52 pm

Swanny21 wrote:
Say no more:( Was it just me or were we chasing Brisbane all day?

oh yes of course those 14 y/o kids are to blame for our loss today after they gave stick to the lions at training

YEAH RIGHT

we were beaten by a better side on the day not because some people gave stick to them at training

swanny 21 after that comment i think YOU need to grow up
RitchieColeRocks Leo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 7:59 pm
Post subject: ..Reply with quote

I'd just like to say, it doesn't matter if they got motivation from it, whether it made them play better, made them play worse or reduced them to tears, the fact of the matter is that it was WRONG.
They are people, and when they aren't playing football just leave it alone, let them have their peace.

And in regards to:

"oh your are clever,i was going to stay out of this argument but when you said go find an english soccer club that hit a nerve
do you know ANYTHING about english soccer supporters (or soccer in genaral) or are you just asuming like other people in here that they are just thugs

and as for saying that oppisition players deserve respect off the field well i agree but what is wrong with a bit of banter like what has happened here (i bet the lions players didn't care at all) because that is all it was so it is you that has to grow up "

Isn't that just further proof what a few "thugs" can do for a hole population. A few people acting like idiots in the soccer have the hole league that reputation from a distance, just like Collingwood will gain a bad rep for battering and harrasing interestate teams when they come to melbourne is a few people do it...

Just leave it alone, annoy them at the game, but leave it at that.

London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 8:13 pm
Post subject: Re: ..Reply with quote

RitchieColeRocks wrote:

do you know ANYTHING about english soccer supporters (or soccer in genaral) or are you just asuming like other people in here that they are just thugs

Yeah, us Millwall fans get the rough end of the stick for NO reason at all!

Have to agree with the comments of MG and the like....do it with a bit of humour....boorish behaviour is just soooo couth!
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 8:25 pm

who cares. im sure brisbane players dont care. and everyone knows teenagers are little shits these days neway!
magpie willow 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 9:25 pm

How dare you accuse this of being my fault we played crap but i still love the mighty pies forever and ever its not my fault at all mate

CARN THE PIES!!!!
LIL PRESTIGIACOMO 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 9:26 pm

Guys guys! Calm down!! Yes some of us may think what Will did was childish and others that its "all fun and games", we are all entitled to our own opinions on the topic. But it doesn't give anybody the right to question someone's passion and commitment as a supporter! We're all here for one reason so don't split on an issue as petty as this!!
Just my thoughts!
Luv Leez!
creedymagpie Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 10:57 pm
Post subject: Re: ..Reply with quote

RitchieColeRocks wrote:
, just like Collingwood will gain a bad rep for battering and harrasing interestate teams when they come to melbourne is a few people do it..

HAHAHA!!!!

What do you mean we will gain, we have always been feared of when teams play us at home because our supporters have been like that and you know what ITS GREAT and i dont want it to change otherwise our game will end up being watched by robots and probably end up becoming extinct.

Why is Soccer by far the most popular sport in the world? because the supporters are passionate and every away team fears playing certain teams at home because they know they will cop a barrage! and i think that is great as long as it doesnt become violent.

Trippy Pie Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 2:14 am

The childish remarks made behind a fence may not have had a shit do do with the result
of the game but they sure as hell did not help.
Happy now child!!
magpie willow 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 5:22 pm

oi mate get stuffed of course im not happy that we lost do u think i wanted us to bloody lose????

As freddie foxx said its all about passion everything i have done is fine as long as their no violence involved dont blame me for the loss! Twisted Evil

CARN THE PIES!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: