Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match: Pies v. Lions - All comments here please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
magpie willow 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 3:30 pm
Post subject: Pre Match: Pies v. Lions - All comments here please.Reply with quote

This game will be huge so I thought lets put this post on now and get straight to business so we can post about it all week. I reckon this is going the be the biggest game for us all year until we see september and im pretty confident we will be wanting to go there and give the mongrels who stole our precious 2002 flag a belting so COME ON PIES LETS KILL THESE LION DOGS GO PIES!!!!!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

CARN THE PIES!!!!
maggie20ct Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 4:37 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Kill Kill Kill i say!!!!
Adz 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 6:15 pm

Must win game. If we win, will most likely move into 2nd spot on the ladder. A loss could see us fall back into 6th spot. Clement, Cloke will be back. Maybe Leon too. But a must win game.
couragous cloke Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 10:13 pm

this is the most important game since, the grand final itself.

as woey fan said, this really is a must win. and we know we can do it. its at the G n i reckon there will be 55-60 thousand there 2 cheer us on! everybody, GET YOURSELVES DOWN THERE! this is going to be a thumpa.

We will be missing presti who woulda played on Brown...

Wakes should be able to keep that sook Lynch quiet, and buckely verses voss will be very interesting...

i plead to MM, PLEASE DONT DROP RUPE!! he will come good this week and always seems to play well against big teams. Who will briabane put on chris tarrant??? i dont think they have anyone who can go with him

Anthony Rocca will be very dangerous and he was awesome in the GF...

overall i think to win the game we need to stop the likes of Akermanis, voss, brown,lappin and black.

But... dont worry we can do it... with the likes of, Burns, Bux, LIca, Obee, McGough and more!

Collingwood bye 28 points

GO PIES!!!

molloymagic Aquarius

*Thanks 4 the great memorys Jarrod!**miss ya*

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 10:31 pm

GO PIES is all i will say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

If anyone goes to training this week,please keep us upto date on how clement and cloke go.I believe,we need these 2 in the backline!. Well by wednesday evening,as on thursday morning I AM OFF!!!!!! To cheer the pies at the 'G and i am excitied!!!!!!!!!.

believe in yourselves pies!!!!!!!!!. Work as a TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

*'94-03:10 Gr8 yrs*
*169 Games* *'02 V.C*
*2nd in '01 copeland
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 11:07 pm

This week will be a good challenge as we will face an inform Brisbane. There wouldnt be as much joy in beating a wounded Lion. I want them to throw everything at us as i think we are good enough to meet every challenge.

We definately have the midfield to go with them this time. Personally i think Burns will play on Voss. Both players like it tough so that would be a fantastic contest. Brodie Holland on Acne boy and Licuria on Black ?? In the past this has maybe been the area where Brisbane has excelled.

Brisbanes backline will most likely be stretched without the red head down back. Tazza was in great form at the Gabba earlier in the year and was beating Leppa hands down until the ball rebounded off the post and hit Taz. Hopefully this time round Tazza can get revenge. We all saw what damage Pebbles can do based on last years GF so lets hope he can cause some serious damage and that we have two proper goal umpires!!! I hope they put Michael on Rocca as i think Rocca would do very well with that match up.

Cloke and Clement will be welcome inclusions down back. Jonathon Brown has dominated on the last two occassions so lets hope this time we can shut him down. Cloke played very well on him last year at Colonial.

Any goals we get from our crumbers will be a bonus as in the past we havnt been that productive in that area against the Lions. Obree is our main hope in this area as he reads the play wonderfully well.

Should be a ripper game.

jlc

STOKA35 Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 11:41 pm

Remember a couple of years ago brisbane record in melbourne was questioned as there record in brisbane was 100%.They played us and wanted to get respect from the football public they beat us and went on to win the flag.This game signals the turning point that we need as the football public are saying yeh the five games you won were teams out side the 8 the freo game was emotional release and respect because of bob rose dying.Could be a bit of de ja vuu.
Bones 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 2:06 am

This game will a guide to how we REALLY are travelling. Our recent wins have been against far inferior sides. This is a good test.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 12:49 pm

CRUSH, KILL AND DESTROY. Twisted Evil

CRUSH, KILL AND DESTROY. Twisted Evil
Natalie 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 1:37 pm

This game will be huge. I'm confident of a win.
We will pull out all guns blazing for this. No napping. Total intensity and ferocity at the ball. Cole will continue on his merry tackling way as will Goughy if he retains his spot. Hard at the ball and man.
Brisbane will try to be physically intimidating but it won't work. The Pies don't get sucked in by that crap.
Need crumbers around the goals. This was lacking Sat night bar OB. Fingers crossed Cloke and Jimmy will be back in. We will need them.

BRING 'EM ON. SICK 'EM PIES.
Natalie 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 1:42 pm

Sorry forgot to advise the umpires for this game will be:

Coates
Vosso (sp?)
McLaren

Mr Nicholls has been demoted for this week. Why I don't know, he did such a wonderful job on Saturday. Mr Gieschen what are you doing? Wink
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 3:38 pm

Yeah Obree is the only guy who actually stays down like he is supposed to and crumbs off the packs. Betheras and co are to busy trying to take speccies.

jlc

couragous cloke Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 5:53 pm

whats everyones opinion on Leon maybe coming back in the side, based on the fact that we DO need some crummers when the ball hits the ground
VictoryPark 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 6:21 pm

Well to be honest my attitude towards Leon coming back into the side could work two ways. We must bear in mind that he has been towelled the last two times we have played them so an obvious mental hurdle still exits. I would play him BUT at who's expense....i just can't see Williams getting dropped. Can prove a hard match up for Brissie across HF with Ashcroft more then likely to get him.

The big difference between us of this year and us of last year I believe has been 1. Our forward line is more consistent and kicking winning scores with multiple options and 2. Our depth in our midfield is even better and more players to provide run with roles now i.e. Brodie and Woey and even Lokan to an extent.

I am always wary of the wounded Lion so for this reason I am cautious about this week. But, on the other hand they are definately not travelling as well as they did last year and I feel that they havent really improved in any specific area....their depth has been tested and think they are finding out that the quality of their depth is not as good as they thought it would be.

Pies by 17.

fan4collingwood Aries

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 7:15 pm

Good to hear you oppinion, VP..........glad you are here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6   

Jump to: