Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Collingwood-Your Olympic Heroes?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
the prez 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2000 11:13 pm
Post subject: Collingwood-Your Olympic Heroes?Reply with quote

Seems like its a done deal,the question is when?collingwood looks set to be moving to Olympic Park in the near future for training and admin.Looks like times are a changin.Apparently they are impressed with the facilities there,the training facilities are more modern and uptodate than currently and the admin offices have a views of the Yarra(instead of a railway station).Eddie sees this as a more viable option to spending a couple million bringing Vic Park up to scratch.With the proposed new social club to be housed in the new Olympic Stand at the G,the question is what will be the role of Vic Park.I understand they want it to replace Waverley as a main VFL venue or for the U18s.There's talk about it being heritage listed now.I have to say I think it would be a good move.As much as I love Vic Park and would miss attending training there,I think the old girl has served her purpose.The place is rundown and this year endangered the health of the players.Why settle for substandard conditions for the best team in the world in this day and age.We would be the envy of all the other clubs in town.You look at the interstate clubs they all have state of the art traing equipment and conditions.Look at the Melbourne clubs they all train in old prehistoric grounds that are rotting inside and out.It remains to be seen how they would work out the logistics of training on a rectangular ground for an oval game.With training at Olympic Park and Social club in the Olympic stand,we could well be the AFL's Olympic team.All we need is the silver medals on grand final day to cap it off.And maybe another name change for our new home.How about we call it VICTORIA PARK?

GO WOODS

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2000 5:09 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

ooooooh jeez that sucks. First no more ressies there now no training well i hope the club still has functions down there and family days and stuff coz it so Collingwoodish down at Vic Park! (if there is such a word)!!!
Why dont they just come train at Waverley that would kick ass!
Suppose the AFL wont let n e 1 in there now but not even for training or practice matches!

???

joffa#2001 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2000 7:31 am

lose your identity and you lose your soul

i still identify vicky park as a big part of collingwood

it would be a shame to lose it completely!!!

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2000 8:22 pm

The Prez is probably right in saying that Collingwood needs a more up-to-date state-of-the-art training facility.

But it's still pretty hard to accept.

I guess it's all part of an ongoing process of change from the old suburban V.F.L. competition that existed for the most of the 20th century to this new thing called the A.F.L. And I shudder to think where it will end.

Victoria Park was our home but we outgrew it. We gradually moved more and more of our games to bigger venues until eventually there were no more games there. Now we've sent our V.F.L. team off to merge with the Mt.Thomas Mudlarks.

(By the way, Joffa. Watch out. Tom Croydon won't take any nonsense from you. A bit of old fashioned country policing will fix you, old boy. But the one you've really gotta watch out for is Sgt. Tess Gallagher)

But I digress ...

So with Victoria Park finished as an A.F.L. venue, and the Collingwood V.F.L. team no longer in existence, there's nothing holding Collingwood there except tradition. But as we know ... tradition has been doing a spectacular vanishing act in recent years.

So get ready for the next great assault on tradition. With the Collingwood Football Club relocated to Olympic Park, there will be no need to continue to call it the "Collingwood" Football Club.

At the moment the only reason we're not called the Melbourne Magpies is because there is another club called Melbourne. But if the Dees were to fall under the proverbial bus, shall we say, the name "Melbourne" would become vacant. And I think a few clubs would be falling over themselves to be named after the world's greatest city, don't you reckon?

So don't be surprised if the name "Collingwood" gets thrown out at some stage in the next few years. We've already seen "Footscray" and "North Melbourne" disappear because they had become irrelevant. Expect more name changes. It WILL happen.

------------------
**floreat pica**

joffa#2001 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2000 8:34 pm

Well Alf,

If they ever changed from being called collingwood
i guess it will be time for that man in the sky to call joffa home,and you know what i wouldnt be able to get there quick enough.

SWING LOW SWEET CHARIOT......

joffa#2001 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2000 8:36 pm

Tom Croydon

who ate all the donuts

who ate all the donuts

you fat bastard

you fat bastard

you ate all the donuts

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2000 12:16 pm

yep then next they will build this massive secret underground training venue so they can lock all us supporters out!

???

magpie24 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2000 1:53 pm

Had to happen to keep up with the times.
Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2000 2:35 pm

oh not this shit talk again Mags that stupid plan u were telling us about at training haha well u aint knocking down our little units across the road from Viccy right footy sluts we have a big investment in them we r turning them into footy brothels lol

???

the prez 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2000 3:40 pm

Only one thing standing in the way of your grand plans Mags-the YARRA COUNCIL

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2000 6:30 pm

well i was a vic park the other day and those bloody 'grandstands' are pretty shitty, like if i didnt barrack for collingwood i would hate it there. everything is falling apart and well they do need a better place to train. the only downside being that wherever that will be it will be much harder to sneak into than vic park which currently is ludicrous even trying to lock, what a bloody waste of time! it is that easy to get into its not funny!
joffa#2001 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2000 9:00 am

How can there be a future without tradition.

Why do things have to change.

I dont believe the notion you have to keep up with the times
just for the sake of it.

Could you imagine this stupid mentality taking place in ancient egypt.

Could you imagine demolishing israel where christ once walked
just for the sake of it,or simply to keep up with the times.

I mean vic park has no relevance when compared to the above
but we need to keep our past,we need to cling to tradition
as i feel it is a very important part of who we are.

Do we just simply destroy everything as each century passes us by.

why....why!!!!!

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2000 10:31 am

the block it is on is too small for an 80,000 stadium. but i like the idea mags. imagine that, NO poofs in suits allowed and no one is allowed to be told off for swearing etc. oh yeah AND we would have to be allowed to bring in cans and any kind of beer, alcohol we want, no more of this light beer shit. AND no wayneKER jackson.
Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2000 4:57 pm

Mags in your demonlition thingy can u please run over that scary dude who lives across from Viccy park. That one that looks like an Indian golliwog with AIDS rememeber that dickhead who was watching us and greases us off all the time at training so i told him off remember? Next time im gonna poke the pricks eyes out. Anyway i swear that filthy house is like a major swingers joint or something. The amount of couples i saw comin outta there today my god its so funny the things u see down there while u r waiting for the players to come out!

???

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2000 5:13 pm

spides? r u talking about that real scraggy guy who has about 3 starving cats who lives about 3 or so houses from the end of the street?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: