Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

and there goes the siren in the 1990grand final.....

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joffa#2001 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2000 5:10 pm
Post subject: and there goes the siren in the 1990grand final.....Reply with quote

Where were you,and what were you doing???

Me i was there that day the 6th of october 1990 in the olympic stand on the wing.Looking back now i guess we all knew thet we had it won half way during the 3rd quarter.

But no one dared say so for we have been in similar situations before infact too many bloody times before.

Well i remember distinctly the sound of that last siren which gave us the right to be called premiers.

I remember standing to my feet with tears streaming down my face
for this was one of them occassions where there was no shame to be seen crying in public.

Ive seen some hard cases in my time but to see MEN openly cry
without any shame added to this very special moment of ours.

Supporters were hugging each other with tears being splashed upon
each other like champagne.

And to all of us i guess it was a very personal experience we took a moment to remember those very close to us who were not able to see this magical moment.

But a glance up towards the heavens seemed to reassure us that really they did not miss a bloody thing.

It was a moment where we really didnt care any more about all them collingwood jokes,we did not care for being hated for just being collingwood people.

For this was our very private and personal moment every one that day was somehow related we were all family everyone was our mother father brother and sister and so it goes on...

Me i was stoked and proud to be collingwood for we had been a part of one of the greatest things in life.

I was fortunate enough to have very good photos taken with leigh mathews and the late darren millane outside the dressing rooms.

I remember darren millane getting us all singing good old collingwood for ever.

I remember mcallister and mathews coming out of the rooms with there fist punching the sky.

I remember the great bobby rose pushing his son out of the rooms in his wheel chair and the smile on both of there faces said it all.

And eventually upon leaving that arena that day we walked across the MCG arena it was nearly dark the arena was empty i picked up a handful of MCG turf found a bit of plastic and wrapped it up,i still have it to this day in a jar.

And for one last moment we stood in the middle of that ground and it was kinda like a minute silence thing.

We did not want to leave the MCG but we were busting our guts to get down to victoria park.

As i looked around for one final time i felt two things i felt another tear and i felt goose bumps all over.

So it was off to victoria park to be with our brothers and sisters our collingwood family.

And believe you me besides your own family the collingwood family
is just as good,

i hope you have enjoyed reading this as much as i have enjoyed typing it, silly me im off to find a tissue
go pies we love ya
joffa

the prez 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2000 10:34 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a box of Kleenex Joffa,you'll notice it's half empty.I remember watching THE match at Vic park inside the big tent cause I couldn't get a grand final ticket.That and I couldn't afford it. I remember the looks on the boys' faces as they walked out.Stone cold focussed. I remember chewing my nails to bits as Salmon was killing us.Too tall for anyone.How he didn't kick a bag that day I don't know. I remember our 1st goal.Daics-oh what a GOALL! I remember the brawl and Rowdy out cold.Daniher u prick!You'll pay for that. I remember Pants' courage as he battled thru with a broken thumb.LEGEND!
I remember Rowdy coming back on in the 3rd and making a beeline for Daniher and giving it to him."I'M BACK!"
I remember Daics slotting another banana thru which was just mindblowing.It blew my mind.
I remember Rowds snapping a crumb thru that lifted the roof off the G.
I remember Dougie snapping truly and Monky putting the icing on our 14th cup.U BEAUTY!!
I remember Millane holding the ball on the siren.Your Ball.
i remember cheering on every player as they received their medals.
I remember Shawry getting the Norm Smith.Gutsy skipper!
I remember the lap of the G as 90,000 Pie fans(the Essendon scum had pissed off by then)celebrated with their heroes.
I remember running out into the street to spread the word.
I remember train after train unloading at Vic Park with delirious supporters.WE WON!!
I remember celebrating into the night with 90,000 brothers and sisters and our Collingwood heroes.Oh how we sang "OH THE PREMIERSHIP'S A CAKEWALK" for that year it was.
I remember missing the next days festivities at the ground.
I remember Eddie getting a few of the boys(still pissed) to read the sport on the channel 10 news that week.Rubbing it in.
I remember Louie burying the Colliwobbles at Vic park.Prematurely.
I remember Mcallister saying Matthews would be coach forever.Prematurely.
I remember....I remember!!

GO WOODS

JBJ 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2000 3:26 am

Oh Joffa, the tears and the goosebumps all over again.....a really nice read....can't wait for season 2001.....
nikki 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2000 8:35 am

awwwwwwww I was too young to remember or appreciate just what was going on, But now all i can wish for is the day i can say i was there, and remember when, all us so called 'young' fans who didnt quite rememebr what an occassion it was when the pies won in 1990, we will get our chance to be there on that one day in septemeber and prove to the world that COLLINGWOOOD IS BACK bigger and better than ever, it just might take a while, but dont you worry it will happen........ we will have countless stories of our hereos creating havioc on the footy field and we will be able to reminise of that one day in september where Collingwood came back to reclaim the premiership cup and be where we deserve to be and should be, belting the hell out of all the other teams....
It was a great read 'the prez' and joffa

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2000 11:56 am

Well i can tell u now u probably wont get another premiership as good as that coz i am convinced that our footy is well and truly ****ed now! The AFL has taken nearly every bit of fun out of our game!

???

magpie24 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2000 3:40 pm

BRILLIANT JOFFA but I cant believe you were still standing at the siren when pants had the ball were you on the lights...
Big poppa pump 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2000 4:56 pm

Ahhh The good old days!!!
The best centreline :-Wright,Shaw,Millane
The Best Foward goin 'round:-DAICOS
Two Ruckman who never let us down:-Monkey & Charlie
Two young rovers who gave us bite:-Francis & Russell
A Young Champion who played everywhere:-Brown
The unpredictable one:-Starcevich
The toughness of Banks,Crossisca,barwick,Kerrison
The solid backline
The unlucky ones:-Ronny,Richo,BT
I too was there,in the old southern stand without the roof.
I saw the impossible angle Daic's threaded it through.
I was there after watching the footy marathon all night with my mates,not one wink of sleep,screaming and abusing all day long
I saw Rowdy Lying on the ground.
I felt the tension out on the ground.
I felt the Jubilation when Pants held the ball up.
I wept openly in grown mens arms.
I Was outside the rooms when eddie walked in screaming Did we win,We shitted it in.
I was at Vic park when all hell broke loose.
But i still can't remember how in the hell i managed to get home.

DaicosForever 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2000 5:31 pm

I was 16 and after the siren blew climbed on my house roof and cried....My mum thought I was gonna kill myself and called my neighbour , who was a copper, to come get me down....
I think I might go watch 'Road to Victory' for the 5468th time....

NICK THE PIE MAN 

Nick's BB veteran

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2000 2:09 pm

I was only 5 at the time but i remember my dad, who is a mad pie supporter too came crashing through the door with his mates singing the club song drunk off there face. What a moment, i would love to be there for that one day in september with the likes of Joffa,Alf,Mags,Nick,Mike and all the Collingwood faithful on this board for that day again hopefully soon. Great post Joffa...Up the pies!

------------------
"Good 'Ol Collingwood Forever"
*miss_magpie* Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2000 2:44 pm

i can see it now, the year 2001.. the place, the mcg

As the siren rang the roar echoing around the grounds could be heard for miles around.
A sea of black and white rose to their feet, who woulda thought all this 'rebuilding' would pull off
After 11 long, hard years, our time had finally came again. Opposition supporters could be seen pouring out of the gates of the mcg, hiding their heads, embarrassed that they would be crushed by so much in just four quarters of heart wrenching football, after the magpies ran all over their pathetic excuse for a team.
All around the grounds, nothing but black and white could be seen, as supporters stormed onto the ground to get a piece of the action, running over the security-no match for a magpie army living on nothing but adrenalin and joy.
Tears pouring from the eyes of the faithful supporters, overwhelmed with joy and happiness. All these years of sticking by their beloved magpies, through all types of weather, and a hell of a lot of hard times, had finally paid off, the reward far better than any amount of cash, their magpies, once again on top.
The pigs flying high in the sky, the fairies skipping with joy and the unicorns frolicking in the fields all high on their magic mushrooms and pop biscuits. Moonface and Silky celebrated with the pixies under the magic faraway tree and santa claus came out for a glance of his collingwood..It was a fairy tale come true.
<< The last line being the most likely of the whole story, i wasn't old enough to remember that glorious year or 1990, so i made up me own little story
You never know, maybe our year is coming, but those fairies are looking a damn site more likely to see in the next few years.....
so much for positive thinking

tarkyn rocks, go pies!

Magpie Gal 19 Pisces

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2000 12:26 pm

Gee What a Fantastic year. I was only 9 at that time, But I was there at the MCG, cheering loud as I could. I remeber getting into the ground with an Males Adult ticket, which waz one of my bros friends dad. I also remeber at half time knowing about all the GF in recent years especially the one against Carlton where we were well in front at the half time point, and heres me sitting in my chair bitting my nails just hoping and dreaming that in about an hour or so time that Tony Shaw would stand up holding that CUP!!!!!

That night we went back home and celebrated the fine victory but watching the game over and over again.

The Next day we (my family and I) travelled down to Vic Park for more celebrations.

I only now wished that I was 18 year pluss so that I could drink and have more fun that night than I did.

GO PIES 2001!!!!!
joffa#2001 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2000 12:44 pm

A real nice story jessy jack!!

we will skip amongst the stars whilst sitting on golden bubbles of champagne!!
go pies...

cobood Aquarius

In Bucks I trust!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2000 3:13 pm

Mmmmmm I remember it well... the next one shall see Buckley holding the premiership cup.

Go Bucks......
cobood Aquarius

In Bucks I trust!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2000 3:21 pm

Oh Mags... fabulous posting....my idea of HEAVEN!!!!!!!

Go Bucks....
Woodsman 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2000 3:38 pm

These posts have had me thinking back and yes I also got out the 1990 tape for the millionth time.

Did everyone see the clubs membership brochure this year?

I recieved it about two days ago and thought it was great. For those who have'nt seen it, they measured our current side against the 1987 team e.g. a young josh fraser and a young damien monkhurst.

Anyway it made me feel a lot more positive for the upcoming year. If some of the comparisons are half right I will be very happy.

Lets hope that this comparison refers to the 2000 team and we explode on the scene this year as in 1988 (though I hope the finals results are different).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: