Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

RESERVED SEATING BEHIND GOALS

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SS11 Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2000 8:49 pm
Post subject: RESERVED SEATING BEHIND GOALSReply with quote

hey mags
any news on whether or not our usual behind the goal seats are now for reserved only? cos if they are im gonna ditch the AFL i think, and move to England where fans are treated with RESPECT, adn u are allowed to actually support your team...

and suits are as scarce as hen's teeth at the soccer matches...
Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2000 5:44 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

don't worry, always on them catalogues it looks as if the seats directly behind that end are gone but they move the goals so often that they're probably not. Anyway youz can just move over slighlty to the other bay like they sometimes make u do at that end if the official cheersquads are sitting there. Either that or sit one deck above and throw shit down on the rich bastards who stole ya seats!

???

joffa#2001 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2000 7:24 am

WELL GUESS WHERE JOFFA IS SITTING

RIGHT BEHIND THE GOALS

RIGHT SMACK IN THE MIDDLE

AND I AINT MOVIN FOR NO ONE

BRING IT ON BASTARDS!!!!!!!

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2000 7:26 am

oh yeah Mags im sure theyre scared with your "clubs gettin a fricken phonecall now" threat lol!

???

nikki 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2000 9:08 am

I tell ya Nikki wont be a happy little chappy if those seats are reserves those seasts r so good they better not reserve them, before long the while bloody mcg will be reserved!!!!!!!!

------------------
Go Josh, Your a LEGEND...

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2000 7:51 pm

SS11,

I think you might be wrong about English soccer. From what I've heard the Premier League has become very corporate in recent years. I know the membership prices are ridiculous.

And if you look at the crowds on the TV these days they don't look anywhere near as wild as they were in the halcyon days when Liverpool ruled. Those wild old days on the Kop must have been amazing.

I think it was Thatcher who buggered it up.

And there were a couple of major disasters in the '80s involving Liverpool fans. On one occasion (in 1989) a whole lot of Liverpool fans got crushed to death when a stadium collapsed. I think it was that particular incident that forced them to bring in all-seating at the major English football grounds. That seems to have killed the old English football culture to a large degree.

I might be wrong (having never been outside of Australia) ... as I'm sure some of our regulars from O/S will let me know in due course.

**You'll Never Walk Alone**

joffa#2001 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2000 4:29 am

THATCHER OH PLEASE ALF,ALF,ALF

WHAT ARE YOU DOIN TO ME MATE

NOT ON HERE ALF NOT THATCHER-THE STUPID BITCH.

THATCH AINT GOT A SNATCH......couldnt possibly!!!!

The greatest failure is a person who never admits he can be a failure.
Gearld.N.Weiskott

London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2000 10:27 pm

Yes Alf, the move to all seaters was made after the Hillsborough FA cup semi fainal in 89. I think 90 odd fans died in the crush, and court cases over responsibility of the Yorkshire police have only just finished (or maybe not). I been to a few games at Wembley and whilst some may moan its passing (Its being pulled down, the FA Cup final is at the millenium stadium in Cardiff for the next few years), I found Wembley old, out of date and stinking of urine. Trying to get a feed there was a joke!

The 'corporatisation' of football hapened around the time of Uncle Ruperts cash injection into the Premier League as well. I was here in 83 and went to a couple of games at Villa. The destruction of one aspect of english football 'culture' couldnt come soon enough for mine. That 'sub culture' I saw there was vicious thuggery!

You guys don't know how lucky you are. A few beers at the game, no separated seating, no being herded from the ground to the train by police etc.

I hear prices look like rising in Oz if the Channel nine/Packer $100 million a year TV rights deal wins. Anyone heard anything on this? In the end, we all know who pays!
joffa#2001 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2000 7:27 am

LOL

ive been herded out!!!!

Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2000 7:59 am

Channel 9's bid for the TV rights is actually a joint bid with their related pay TV interests.

The end result of this is clear, games that are currently being shown on free to air TV will be moved to pay TV. As far as I can see it, only the grand final is safe. That is the only game that would be protected under the laws introduced to protect the public domain events (ie. events that had traditionally be shown on free to air TV ebfore the introduction of pay TV are forever protected, this only includes the grand final as no other AFL game was traditionally shown (in Melbourne that is, Sydney people should have their Saturday game protected).

(I heard) Brisbane went down one live game of rugby league a week once channel nine got the rights. To see anymore you had to but cable.

Shit, I hate channel 7, but I hate channel 9 even more (sorry Eddy, your show is the exception). The Packer's already treat Aussies Rules with contempt, they just can not ignore its ratings power anymore. Stuff them, the devil you know is better than the devil you do not know.

Anyway, surely channel 7 have the AFL locked up tighter than a barrel. With Docklands and the old boys network, channel 9 does not have a chance.

With a little luck extended legal battles could see the ABC broadcasting games for a season or two.

As for going to games, well we still have it lucky here, but it is changing rapidly.
Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2000 12:13 pm

well i was listening to sport 927 last night and they were crapping on about this boring tv rights business and they said they might actually keep Waverley if all this goes ahead coz they will have more money to do it up but they said it is more likely that players will just end up getting more moeny that they make out of the tv rights. So yeah that would be right hey!

???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: