Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What Do You Think Of The Williams Sisters

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eva_Cloke 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 1:55 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate Serena! When she loses it's because of the "crowd" or a sudden "injury." Then she will have a sook!
Daniel Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 2:41 pm

tomoleary wrote:
Models just shouldn't resemble African animals.

Bartros wrote:
They do look abit like monkeys dont they!!!! LOL

Culprit wrote:
Two Gorillas pretending to be women hitting a ball to each other.

Good to see racism/discrimination is alive and well on Nick's Board.

Can any of you imagine the courage/humility it takes to front up, Grand Slam after Grand Slam and keep getting beaten by your younger sister?

What Venus did was one of the most couragous things I have ever witnessed. She was injured. Serena had beaten her in the finals of a major tournament the last 3 or 4 times. And yet she decided to play knowing full well that at the end of it, she would more than likely be standing having lost again to her younger sister.... AGAIN!

Incredibly after the loss, not at one stage did she appear upset, instead praising her younger sister.... calm, composed, happy.

Even though Serena won the slam that day, I though there was a much bigger message there for all. It dissapoints me that the first thing some of you do is criticise another human being, because they are physically different from you. It's where racism begins. Perhaps think about what u type, and the effect it could have on the younger people on this board.
Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 2:48 pm

Let's add sexism: womens tennis is boring Wink

All WA Magpies join the Western Magpies now:
http://www.westernmagpies.com
(At least go and sign the guestbook).
AGE Aries

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 3:19 pm

Blanch wrote:
Let's add sexism: womens tennis is boring Wink

and you forgot a good perve nontheless. Except when watching Anna "I couldn't win a title to save my life" Kournikova. Man I can't stand her.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 3:21 pm

Geez I am glad you mention Anna when you said Perve as those Gorillas are not exciting to look at.
AGE Aries

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 3:24 pm

Yeah AK is just eye-candy for men. She's not a tennis player. She a "model" trying to play tennis.

Now gimme Martina Hingis aaaaaanyday.
Daniel Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 3:26 pm

According to Charles Darwin we are supposed to have evolved from mammals such as Gorillas. In your case Culprit, if not physically, u r still to catch up mentally.
Buckley_King Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 4:14 pm

I'd do Serena, but not Venus Twisted Evil

As for their tennis ability, they are damn good!
Joe 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 8:34 pm

I hope they continue to dominate.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 9:39 pm

tomoleary wrote:
Models just shouldn't resemble African animals.

Bartros wrote:
They do look abit like monkeys dont they!!!! LOL

Culprit wrote:
Two Gorillas pretending to be women hitting a ball to each other.

Racist posters pretending to be Collingwood supporters. Very sad and uncalled for. I suppose to you guys, I am an African animal, monkey or Gorilla because I'm dark skinned? Well, have the decency to tell me to me face next time dudes.

Any wonder Collingwood supporters are seen as racist with these types of comments on this board. The fact is, as you can see, some are.

Sad, sad, sad.
jessa Libra

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 12:13 pm

I might sound stupid here but when...

tomoleary wrote: Models just shouldn't resemble African animals.
Bartros wrote: They do look abit like monkeys dont they!!!! LOL
Culprit wrote: Two Gorillas pretending to be women hitting a ball to each other.

I didn't find those comments racist.
I thought the guys were just saying that the Williams sisters were ugly dogs, or maybe gorillas. I might be wrong I don't know..but maybe you should just lighten up lazza

M@®© Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 12:21 pm

Im with u jessa people have turned this racism stuff into a circus is it any different than calling someone or saying to them "You look like an idiot" is that racism or calling the umpire a "white Maggot" or calling the Williams sisters "Gorillas" if this is all racists activity we do live in a very sad world.

http://collingwood.rules.it/

Pied Piper Aries

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 4:01 pm

Pies4Premiers wrote:
Im with u jessa people have turned this racism stuff into a circus is it any different than calling someone or saying to them "You look like an idiot" is that racism or calling the umpire a "white Maggot" or calling the Williams sisters "Gorillas" if this is all racists activity we do live in a very sad world.

You may not be racist yourself, Pies4Premiers and others, but when you liken African-American people to gorillas you are participating in a discourse which positions black people as somehow lower down the evolutionary chain (and thus, inferior to) white people - which is racism pure and simple.

That's why I can understand how Lazza is offended, and why I think some of you could choose your words a little more carefully, with a bit more respect for other people, and not defend it in the name of humour.

The Weed

jessa Libra

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 4:53 pm

I can't really comment because its impossible for my vocab to produce as many good words as you used weed. SmileSmileSmile
M@®© Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 5:07 pm

the_weed wrote:
You may not be racist yourself, Pies4Premiers and others, but when you liken African-American people to gorillas you are participating in a discourse which positions black people as somehow lower down the evolutionary chain (and thus, inferior to) white people - which is racism pure and simple.The Weed

Im white so is my brother when we watch any TV that has Gorillas, Apes or Monkeys on it i always say look there's Mat (as in Mathew my brother) so does that mean im a racists ? or is it only Racist if its a black person. People really do need to know the difference between a joke and down right Racism. Thats why i say this Racism is a circus.

http://collingwood.rules.it/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: