Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#30, #28 Ben Kinnear

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zoia Virgo

didak's number 1 fan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 6:28 am
Post subject: #30, #28 Ben KinnearReply with quote

now wat does everyone think of him, after these last 2 weeks i think he anit that bad, as i really thought.lol he does still make some mistakes but so does everyone.
Nat 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 7:35 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

But he needs to prove it against the best opposition. Kangas are a good team but were very flat. He was hopeless against the Swans.
ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 7:43 am

still hasnt done anything to prove himself. interesting to see if he retains his spot with jimmy clement out next week.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 11:06 am

Did enough to retain his spot. Did some good things and some bad. He at least had a go. Next week will test him if he plays.

One of his contested marks was a highlight as I always thought that was his weak point.
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 2:46 pm

He's starting to get better, still needs some work, he's getting better though.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Pied Piper Aries

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 6:12 pm

It's easy to forget that Kinnear once looked like being a senior player for many years to come. Finished off 2001 well and even picked up three Brownlow votes in a game against the Bulldogs. Unfortunately he didn't go on with it, and his typical backman's role was usurped by Jason Cloke.

He'll retain his spot next week and will probably play down back covering for Clement.

I have to say one thing, though. He probably belongs in that ugly AFL players thread that's proving so popular at the moment. He is NOT a pretty sight!

The Weed

Pied Piper Aries

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 6:13 pm

It's easy to forget that Kinnear once looked like being a senior player for many years to come. Finished off 2001 well and even picked up three Brownlow votes in a game against the Bulldogs. Unfortunately he didn't go on with it, and his typical backman's role was usurped by Jason Cloke.

He'll retain his spot next week and will probably play down back covering for Clement.

I have to say one thing, though. He probably belongs in that ugly AFL players thread that's proving so popular at the moment. He is NOT a pretty sight!

The Weed

couragous cloke Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 8:34 pm

he'll always be in and out, he's that sorta player that would be servicable for the dogs, cats, saints, demons, etc
Adz 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 8:40 pm

He needs to improve and play HF pocket.
Seth 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 9:19 pm

This guy has been there 5 years!! He has had plenty of chances. It was a running joke on Saturday night in the crowd when he went near the ball. The bloke behind me yelled out at 3/4 time when he ran to the bench "Put Kinnear back on. Malthouse you know nothing about coaching, you're making a big mistake." This was met by lots of laughter.

Says something doesn't it.

Has had plenty of chances, played one good game, he is way too negative and does not fit into the Collingwood gameplan nowadays. Good luck he hope he turns it around but I can't see it.
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 10:14 pm

I think he has done ok. Its not a bad idea by Malthouse to give him a go as in the tall man department i dont think we are that strong depth wise.

The big guns will be Rocca and Tarrant but if Kinnear can chip in with a goal or two a game then he has done his job.

jlc

chalky 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 10:44 pm

Have to agree with courageous cloke on this on. Kinnear will not be a walk up addition to the side but merely a bit part player. Remember he was not even supposed to start except for Shaw being a no show. With Presti and Wakes holding down their positions and Molloy and Rocca regaining some form, there is no room for Kinnear as a tall option. He is definitely not Clement's replacement against Freo especially as we will need another small defender. Hopefully Shaw will be right.
Having said that, MM has shown those busting a gut down at Willy that there will be a reward for hard work. Kinear had the best of opportunities, being part of two thrashings where pressure was non existent. IMO I am not convinced he has the improvement necessary to step up to the next level and maybe it might be more prudent to invest time in others like Swan, McG, Cam Cloke.
freddie foxx 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 4:16 am

I thought he was a handy changeup type of player to put in rotation in the front half of the ground. He is a different player to say fraser or tazza and I thought he created some trouble for opposition matchup in the game. Could be a handy mick tactic when we have the momentum.
Madeleine Aries

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 6:30 am

Will never be better than handy
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 8:45 am

He finished off his 2001 season well because his contract was up for renewal. He is a lazy footballer and maybe he has finally realised he has to put in the hard work if he wants something out of football.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: