Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Another Bullshit Rumour - Taz and the goal umpire

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Magpie_Dan Taurus

The KING And I

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:11 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats farken bullshit!! UTTER BULLSHIT!!!!!!

Go The Pies!

Dan

Go The Richo!

UNLEASH THE VL TURBO!
Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:28 pm

If Taz and the ump exchanged words, and there was a racial slur involved then something official would have been public news by now. It would be huge headlines.

Until someone on here says: "I heard Taz say........." then as far as I'm concerned it's all a load of crap.

All WA Magpies join the Western Magpies now:
http://www.westernmagpies.com
(At least go and sign the guestbook).
Miss Vicki Park Aries

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 3:23 pm

Evil or Very Mad I didnt hear anything on the radio cos i never listened but what ever moron said anything on the radio well they are talking shit, I was right behind goals and when hargraves(or however you spell his name) slapped tazz in the face taz turned to the goal umpire and said,,, did you see that and the goal umpire nodded his head as to say yes and that was that, so once again ppl talking shit yet again Evil or Very Mad
GreekLunatic 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 10:06 pm

if taz said anything it would have been all over the news and radio and on sports today on 3aw and also who would believe what kb and sport 927 say anyways
joffa_the_man_in_gold 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 11:07 pm

This topic is a bloody disgrace and should be deleted imeadiately did the person on the radio give his name when making these allegations nah i bet you he didnt.....Just like all the cowards repeating these allegations on football fansites

This is a slur on chris tarrant and the collingwood football club and for the record i was right behind this incident in the first quarter when obviously under rhodes instructions the bulldog player was told to roughen tarrant up....two times chris tarrant turned to the goal umpire in an attempt to get his attention.

At no stage did chris tarrant even speak to the goal umpire, chris tarrant is a terrific guy and a great ambassador for the collingwood football club and to find such a post on nicks board full of inuendo and great untruth is in my opinion a great sadness to us all.

Joffa Corfe

email.. joffa@magpies.net
Northern Pie 

We are watching!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 11:00 am

It has no grounding what so ever and is probably a ploy to take a little bit of pressure off the Bulldogs cheer squad incident. I just hate how rumour a that is started by fans can be beaten up so much that the media grab a hold of it and before you know it someone who is pretty much a top bloke is branded a racist. This sort of think is not on anywhere let alone one of our stars. Plus the Collingwood Football Club has taken great care to overcome the sins of the past and too move forward to become one of the AFL's biggest supporters of the racial vilification act. So unless and even if this has any sort of credence I just think that it should be left alone and delt with by the parties involved, but as I said I seriously doubt that Tarrant even has a case to answer.

Cheers

Daniel Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 3:55 pm

joffa.... I think we are all intelligent enough to make up our own minds based on factual evidence.... therefore I don't think we ought to shoot the person who started this thread as it's only a relay of info.
silf85 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 4:05 pm

I only posted what I heard, the matter is bullshit now, so I agree, delete the thread
MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 4:50 pm

silf85 thanks for posting it, some of us didn't even know there was an atempt to dirty Taz's name until we read it here.
Joffa: "At no stage did chris tarrant even speak to the goal umpire"
it was quite clear he was having a go at the goal ump on tv, the commentators even questioned it.
as to what was said who knows, but I seriously doubt it was anything like a racist comment.

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 5:13 pm

There are different types of rumours some more harmful than others. This type of rumour can be harmful as mud sticks. I think if any of us were in Tarrants position im sure we would like there to be some factual evidence before it gets posted on a public bulletin board.

Put yourself in Tarrants position and see if you would have liked your name to be posted if the "rumour" was about yourself.

jlc

WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 5:55 pm

I changed the title of this thread to make it a little more accurate. I'm sure silf85 wont mind.

WhyPhilWhy? for the Mods
silf85 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 6:20 pm

Thanx Mate
Pied Piper Aries

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 6:24 pm

Phil

I'm sure we would have heard by now if this story had any substance whatsoever. As nothing's come to light, I would also suggest deleting the thread. I have no problem with someone reporting what they heard, but if there's nothing to it, let's not give it any more oxygen - this kind of mud tends to stick.

Cheers

The Weed

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 6:59 pm

magpie_1983 wrote:
Joel wrote:
Before this gets out of hand, can I just say, let's not speculate on Collingwood players. I think we should just wait and see how it all pans out. So can we please not speculate!

Thankyou.

thats where u did joel u didnt say my name but u meant me

The world doesn't revolve around you mate. Yeah, the post was to everyone who intended to speculate on it, and that may include you but the post was not specifically aimed at you.
joffa_the_man_in_gold 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 11:47 pm

Well lets get serious and stop the bullshit, can someone amswer the following questions

Has collingwood released a media statement ?

Has chris tarrant apologised ?

Where and when where will chris tarrant and the goal umpire hold racial vilification mediation

THE ANSWER IS NO NO AND NO MEETING !!!

Come on everyone for godsake get a grip, we look like a pack of idiots arguing over something that never happened some complete bloody idiot rang a radio station with bullshit that can be very damaging to collingwood and chris tarrant.
It doesnt deserve a mention its crap its bullshit its unfounded its wrong!!
and if i were chris tarrant i would be bloody furious.

These are public bulletin boards which can be accessed by anyone on the internet we must never ever accomodate rumours of this magnitude, morons who want to believe will believe and thats where the danger lays.

Just recently chris tarrant along with his club went to darwin to spend time with indigenous people.
Chris tarrant is an excellent guy with great character and i still find it dissapointing that such a post full of unfounded crap can appear on here.

Lets move on we have so much to look forward to in 2003.

Joffa Corfe

email.. joffa@magpies.net
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: