Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Steve McKee??

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adz 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 2:37 pm
Post subject: Steve McKee??Reply with quote

Is there any need for him to come back into the team?? Josh is doing well in the ruck and probably broke even (yes, thats right) with Luke Darcy. And boy, doesn't Rocca jump high in the ruck. When does his contract run out?
jo_loves_steven Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 5:06 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I remind you that last year we were in a grand final and this year it looks like we will be lucky if we make the 8, and a big win over the bottom side doesn't mean we are a fantastic side.
I can notice a diffrence between last year and this year is Steve McKee, last year when we played well he seemed to play a part in this and even in rounds 1 and 2 this year he was having a big impact.
Since round 3 josh fraser has returned and steve has spent half or more of his matches on the bench and i have also noticed that after round 4 was when our performance declined greatly.
You might not notice it but i think Steve has been the diffrence between Colingwood in the top 8 or Collingwood in the top 4.
TRELOS 

TRELOS

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 5:14 pm

i rekon the difference may be Tarks not being there, i mean since round 4 which was the first match he was out we havent put two solid performances together
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 5:16 pm

That's crap Jo. Stunner isn't being payed because of the rule change in regards to rucks. He was giving away too many free kicks and was causing more damage than good. His style of rucking is being erased from the game.

Josh has been very good while he has been in the ruck.
jo_loves_steven Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 6:16 pm

I didn't say he was going to be our hero or anything like that , i said he makes a diffrence, just as i agree that tarks does make a diffrence.

Rucking isn't the only aspect of his game either, which is why mick has been talking about him playing in the backline. (And he is also a pretty good shot at goal)

It's funny how after the first few rounds of the year that steven was no. 1 in hardball gets and nathan buckley was second to him.

That's something to be proud of being better than nathan buckley at something, if he's good enough to have something that he's better at than bucks then he must be a valuble player.

But I suppose since most people are very narrow minded when it comes to the subject of Steven's talent, i guess those narrow minded people will keep denying it and will never understand.
TRELOS 

TRELOS

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 10:06 pm

no-one is saying he doesnt have talent, but what people are complaining about is that you said he not play is the reason of our inconsistent year wehn its simply not true
tdesmaele 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 10:12 pm
Post subject: My thoughts on McKeeReply with quote

Not having Mckee in the team is not the reason why we are not playing as well this year as last year.

It's more the fact that we have too many players not playing up too last years form and we have not been as good finishing in the forward line as last year. Furthermore losing players like Nick Davis, Steinfort, Davidson and Lockeyer has hurt our overall depth.

However that said I believe McKee should have played against Hawthorn as he is an ideal ruckman for wet conditions.
Slayer 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 11:45 pm

icky subject really.

He's not a ruckman, and really it was the media building him up saying how important he was .... when really he wasn't contributing that much.
The presumption seemed to be that if the other ruckman didnt do much, steve ad negated him ...... doesnt quite correlate does it ?

Agreed he is skillful, infact great skills ( kicking & handball ... but not rucking ). Infact he resembles that other fav or mine .... B Kinnear.
Can use the ball if they get it, but rarely get it, and rarely get it as a tall player should - contested marks, strength etc.

Both will disappear when contracts are up

Having been sooo harsh, one thing doesnt escape my observation. These players have limitations, and they seem to be ok with them. Why dont they strive to improve ?

Most people have patience with the Roccas, Molloys, Licas, Taz's etc cause we see them work hard over the years to improve, we've seen that there best can be damaging.

McKee and Kinnear have never taken the next step, and they have been in the system for many years. Interestingly when steve is interviewed he seems to acknowledge he isnt a leap kinda player and therefore works on 'other' ways of getting the ball.

Dont know how many here go to training, but its quite visible, when the bags out for 'spekie' practice you see all the talls jumping about shoulder height taking hangers, steve gets up to waist height.

If you have weekness's isnt part of footy all about overcoming them, Lica's worked on his kicking, for other players it might be accuracy at goals, for Molly it was holding marks.

Just amazes me we seem to say its ok for steve to play at that level, he needs to improve - like anyone else. And leaping to waist level isnt an AFL standard.
Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 10:20 am

It's amazing how people tended to blame Stunner for some of our losses, yet give little praise when he had a big hand in us winning other matches. Those who think Stunner didn't have a BIG impact on us last year wasn't watching the same team as I was. Stunner was a big factor in where we made it to and now the rules have changed he is not as valuable. He gives away free kicks....why? because of the rule changes.

Please give Stunner the recognition he deserves.

All WA Magpies join the Western Magpies now:
http://www.westernmagpies.com
(At least go and sign the guestbook).
Go_The_Mighty_Magpies Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 3:11 pm
Post subject: Re: Steve McKee??Reply with quote

Woey Fan wrote:
Is there any need for him to come back into the team?? Josh is doing well in the ruck and probably broke even (yes, thats right) with Luke Darcy. And boy, doesn't Rocca jump high in the ruck. When does his contract run out?

I am 99% sure that Fraser had the exact amount of marks and possessions as Darcy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: