Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

ONLY ONE NEGATIVE

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 11:13 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done Pebbles for his actions, whether it was a goal or not, the Bulldogs deserve nothing better. They are literally DOGS. Plus its about time Pebbles got on the right side of some goal umpiring decisions. Give the man a break.

So when i'm lying in my bed, thoughts running through my head and i feel that love is dead...
IM LOVING BUCKLEY INSTEAD!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 10:09 am

Rocca did the right thing. How many times do you see people clap through a point trying to convince the umpire it was a goal? How many times does the crowd roar, trying to convince the umpire it was a goal. These go unnoticed as usually the ump signals a point. The decision always was the ump's and nothing Rocca said or did could have influenced that.

You take them when you can because the ledger is always evened up.

All WA Magpies join the Western Magpies now:
http://www.westernmagpies.com
(At least go and sign the guestbook).
paulie 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 3:29 pm

I just think it.s a bit like when you are batting in cricket and you snick one and you strt rubbing your forearmor similar all part of the game I have done this before.Cheating is different it is when their is no refree or umpire to decide a decision.I use to play in alot of Ten Pin Bowling competions with reasonable prize money involed and sometimes the ball would skip out of the gutter and knock over pins or I would put my foot over the foul line.Now if I didn't call myself on that now that would be cheating but a snick in cricket or not telling a goal umpire your team may have missed not cheating for mine but the umpires decision.
tomoleary Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 6:16 pm

In round 3 Geelong got a goal that was a point, but no-one gave a shit cause we killed em' anyway, and in Adelaide against Port Bucks was denied in the first term and Leon in the second. Obviously the goal that would've changed a grand final, i always wondered why if the goal umpires made mistakes they we're always against us?

Finally we've got a goal umpire on "our" side!
swooper 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 1:16 pm

Rocca would have just been doing what would come naturally to anyone in that position - I believe you would almost always play for a goal, even if there is some doubt about it. I mean, who really cares? What I still cannot get over is the point given in the GF - now that was (still is) HEARTBREAKING stuff Sad

As for the spitting incident - that is just plain disgusting and not on at all. I dont believe being passionate about your club (and we all are) means resorting to spitting and that kind of abusive behaviour.
I remember those days at Vic Park and they could be pretty bad, but somehow not much fuss was back then (who can forget travelling out to Moorabin and standing near the animal cage??!) However I think times have changed for the better, and spitting is disgraceful behaviour and should never be condoned.
Joe 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 12:17 am

She or should It say it only got three weeks suspension for spitting at Rocca.What a joke.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: