Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

ONLY ONE NEGATIVE

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joe 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 1:04 am
Post subject: ONLY ONE NEGATIVEReply with quote

Before I start, may I say please forgive me for rasing one negative out of the game.As I have never really criticised anyone ever on this board please allow me to do have a whinge now.

Tonight at the game I had the privilige of sitting within five rows from the bulldogs cheersquad with all three of their cs members.lol

Sadly in the last quarter a shot at goal was taken by the pies(I cant recall who) and it genuinely hit the inside of the post.Rocca may or may not have seen this and pleaded with the umpire,the umpire payed it a goal.It was definitely a point.

After this next time he was near the goal some members of the bullies cs(or bullies supporters sitting in the cs) spat at him.Yes they got him and he did turn around and remonstrate with them,obviously he could not see who it was that got him.He pointed at them and made some comment.

Some individuals were removed from the ground after this.Im not actually suprised by this,it just disgusts me.I dont care who the player is or who he plays for(Collingwood or otherwise) this is unacceptable.

Other Bulldogs cs supporters were disgusted as well. Having spoke to one of them later he indicated that this or these persons should be removed of cs membership if in fact they are members.

I am not going to be naive and say "why does it happen?".Sadly most of us wish that this didnt exist at the footy.I guess we are realists and we must assume that it will always happen,as long as it is not you or I doing it.

Please note this is not an indictment of the doggies cs or their supporters, just the idiots that behave like this.In fact I met a number of their supporters who sat next to me and they were great blokes.Why wouldnt they be.

I am all for going to the footy and having a real hard barrick,losing your voice if need be.Im also happy when other supporters stick it to me,good on em. But these idiots crossed the line.

Even if Rocca did know,is it cheating,I dont know.How often do we call for a free that may not really be there,in the hope that the umpires give it to us.Its just part of the show isnt it.I dont know I havent made up my mind yet.

What do you think of the spitting incident?

If Rocca new it hit the post is it cheating?

looking forward to your responses

REGARDS
CKone 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 1:07 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you see his reaction? Yes it was cheating
ryno Leo

when you live in the west, the eagles are the scum, the filth, and the dregs of the competition

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 1:20 am

Anthony Rocca did allude to it in a post match interview on 3aw too, so I'd expect to here more of this in the next couple of days. He didnt actually mention what happened, but it was obvious he was disgusted by it
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 1:25 am

Adressing your second question, Joe.

What's it matter ? It's nothing to do with cheating. The goal umpire didn't change his mind because angelic Anthony told him it was a goal.

Can you imagine the umpire, having seen the ball come through the big sticks but awfully close to one of them, saying, "Excuse me, Mr Rocca, did you think that was a goal?" Laughing Laughing

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy

Last edited by Donny on Sun Jun 29, 2003 1:45 am; edited 1 time in total
CKone 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 1:29 am

Yelling in the goal ump's face "it was a goal" with the fingers is going overboard. Considering the margin it was very un-sportsmanlike.

The person was thrown out for hitting Rocca with the ball and not the spit.
Joe 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 1:54 am
Post subject: ONE NEGATIVEReply with quote

There was more than one person thrown out.There was one bloke with a pony tail and at least one female.
CKone 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 1:56 am

Was the woman thrown out? Must have been with little fanfare as I didnt notice it...

The guy with the weird hairdo was the one that threw the ball at Rocca
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 1:56 am

pity he didnt get the call in the Grand Final when the Bears players cheated and said it was a point.
magpiefanatic 

Aged Pensioner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 2:05 am

What goes around, comes around, only in this case it meant jack crap...remember the Granny...Rocca's "goal" had a big difference as to whether we woulda been happy pappys last September or still unable to watch the replay. Soooooo CKone...are you a Brisbane cheat or a Collingwood fan in disguise??????

PS...and whoever started this topic/thread...observe the principles of posting and keep the postgame comments under the one topic please...
Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 2:24 am

Rocca cheating?

Just sounds like gamesmanship to me. Pretty normal, I would reckon. If it had happened in cricket I would be disgusted. But it happened in footy, so I'm proud of him.

As for the spitting ... again, pretty normal, I reckon. Not very nice, I must say ... but fairly normal behaviour for a "passionate" footy fan. And the Bullies have got every right to be as "passionate" as us. Just ask Malthouse. He used to wear a raincoat when the Weagles played at Victoria Park ... Even if it wasn't raining, if you get my drift.
Banksy 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 2:26 am

magpie joe you've got to be kidding right?
this happens all the time players claiming a goal when it was a point.
What did you want Rocca to say?.....no umpire it was a point?
If the goal umpire is in a bit of doubt,players tend to play on it.
Win at all costs if you can fool the maggots so be it.
How many times have we've been on the receiving end of bad decisions?....plenty.
Remember last years Grand Final magpie joe?....Lynch staging for frees and White all over Tazza in the last quater plus Rocca's goal that the moron goal umpire gave it a point?...i'm sure you do.

I deleted the last two lines, Banksy. Personal abuse of another poster is not on. Donny (Bbmods)
Lazza 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 5:23 am

After last years Grand Final, good on Rocca. If the goal umpires can blatantly cheat, whats the problem? I will go to my bloody grave knowing that Rocca's kick in the GF WAS a goal. THAT was pure & simple cheating by that dickhead, crooked goal umpire. THAT was the pits.
fan4collingwood Aries

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 9:49 am

Spitting is disgusting!
I know of an incident at a hotel where a fella spat on someone, and was punched in the head for his action. The spitter then fell down , cracked his head and died a couple of days later. A big case of 2 wrongs don't make a right.

But as to spitting on any other human, I class it as assualt and would hope charges would be laid.

Joe 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 10:17 pm

Was the deleted part of Banksys post aimed at me?Hopefully not.

People that spit and abuse other people for no reason,ie just because they disagree with them or over a point being awarded as a goal need help.

May be a councellor,psychologist,psychiatrist or someone who is an expert in assisting those with low self esteem.

If we are unhappy with ourseves or our life that does not give us the right to abuse and spit others.

These comments are offered with the hope of assisting any that feel that this type of behaviour is appropriate.

REGARDS
zoia Virgo

didak's number 1 fan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 10:39 pm

joe freedom of speech only goes so far, soon as it is directed at a peron such as earlier it should be deleted
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: