Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Top five standout players

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daniel Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 1:36 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Magpie Since 1986 wrote:

Bucks and Taz have clearly been our best two players this year.

I have Taz and no 3 because his output depends on whether our midfield can win and deliver the ball to him. And for that reason I rate Burns' output in his midfield role more valueable than Taz's effort as a HFF.
Pied Piper Aries

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 6:32 pm

Fair enough Daniel. I have Burns down to win his first Coleman at the moment whereas Tarrant is still a Brownlow smokie or maybe more. These awards work in different ways. For mine (and this may spark another thread) Burns is THE most underrated player in the league much as Licuria was last year.

As for Buckley, he's been so good as ever that I probably forgot to notice and that's why he wasn't in my initial top five - nothing he does surprises me. Same with umps which is why he'll never win the Brownlow.

Weed

tomoleary Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 7:55 pm

In Josh Fraser's TAC cup year I remember feeling really shit about Collingwood being so shit and reading in the paper about this character Josh Fraser who played in the ruck and kicked 8 goals and that he'd most probably be no 1 draft pick. The reason why Fraser has never dominated the competition is because of his lack of weight, which wasn't as much a problem at TAC cup level. I say Josh go stay at the Rocca's place during next pre-season, Mrs Rocca will fix him up.

and Doesn't anyone think Taz still has a way to go...improvment wise? He's the best mark in the league now, and although he kicked that winning goal in Adelaide his left foot can't always be trusted. When his kicking improves he'll be our best player. And don't think i don't like him or anything...he's just gonna get a whole lot better...like he was against St.kilda every week.
Magpie Since 1986 

Traitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 11:14 pm

the_weed wrote:
I have Burns down to win his first Coleman
Weed

You mean Copeland right?
Pied Piper Aries

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 11:29 pm

oops, yes of course - thanx for the correction but don't know how I made that slip! Laughing
peter_pies4ever 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 11:53 pm

1. Chris Tarrant
2. Nathan Buckley
3. Scott Burns
4. James Clement
5. Josh Fraser

I also think Matthew Lokan has had a good season so far and has a good future ahead of him. Rhyce Shaw has played well and added good run from half back to combine with Lonie and Johnson
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: