Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

It was a battle of Survival.........

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
magpie willow 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 5:46 pm
Post subject: It was a battle of Survival.........Reply with quote

Just thought i would share a story I wrote in English you had to start the story with saying it was a battle of survival so i wrote about about the Mighty pies winning this years GF and I got an A+ for it so im pretty happy and thought i would share it with all my Collingwood family so tell me what you think of it and if you like give me the mark you wouldve given if you were the teacher lol

Here it is:
Survival
It was a battle of survival! Collingwood vs. Brisbane. There was only 10 minutes left in the game and both teams were exhausted. The rest of the game would be a battle of survival. The scores were level and there were 10 minutes to play. The umpire stood in readiness to bounce the ball. He bounced it and the two ruckman went up. The both battled holding each other back away from the ball as they tried to tap the ball.

The ball ended up not being tapped by anyone and spilled out to the small Brisbane rover. He picked it up and tried to boot it long towards his team’s forward line. No one marked it and it was inside their teams forward fifty. The Collingwood backman ran in and gave a handball off to the running flanker he ran about 50 meters taking bounce after bounce he ran up to his teams forward fifty and he unloaded with a 50 meter bomb!

It went straight through the middle!!! They were in front! There was a big celebration by the Collingwood players, but they knew they had to keep the momentum up and keep kicking goals.

The players went back to the centre square to resume play there was 7 and a half minutes left. The ball once again was bounced. The big Brisbane ruckman gave on hell of a punch and got it near his teams forward fifty. There was a battle of kick to kick from both sides for about 3 minutes every time each team tried to go forward it was marked by the opposition, it was an intense battle. Out of nowhere in Brisbane’s forward line and the small Shaun Hart came out and kicked a miraculous goal to put them one point behind.

Now the game was at its most crucial point. There were 2 minutes left and Collingwood was in front by a point but Brisbane was ready to try and steal this game in the last 2 minutes. There was deafening cheering from both teams cheersquads you could hear them shouting. “Collingwood clap clap clap” And from the other end of the ground was heard, “Brisbane clap clap clap” The umpire held up the ball for what might be the last bounce of the game.

The ball was bounced; once again the Brisbane ruckman gave a mighty punch of the ball to his midfield. The skillful Brisbane midfield worked it inside fifty and amazingly it spilled out to their 2001 brownlow medalist Jason Ackermanis who snapped it around his body! It had only gone for a point though. The score were level it there were 30 seconds left. It was going to be a battle of survival to see which team can get in front or at least keep the scores level to play again next week.

The Magpies full-back kicked it to himself and played on and gave one mighty thump of a kick forward and it was marked beautifully by their captain Nathan Buckley. He had a bit of space he played on and ran as far as he good he was sixty meters out and he gave the biggest kick of his life. It had gone straight through for a goal!!! The siren then went! He had just kicked the winning goal of the grand final just before the siren. The Collingwood football club had ended their 13 year premiership drought. The Collywobbles were dead and the new mighty magpies had been invented and Brisbane’s premiership run was over. There was celebration all that weekend at Victoria Park and everyone thought that finally there was justice in football.

So what do you think am I a future author? LOL!

CARN THE PIES!!!!
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 5:51 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

What would make you share a story he or she wrote in English you had to start the story with saying it was a battle of survival so he or she wrote about about the Mighty pies winning this years GF? Where did you get that? Oh. Thats pretty cool : )
TaZ_LuVs_EmIn3m Gemini

*~KeViN is GoRjOuZ~*

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 7:18 pm

Well Done will.......good writing its good to see how maggie fans feels and lets hope that stories comes true!
Interesting more Sinkers than Floaters....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
zoia Virgo

didak's number 1 fan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 7:27 pm

i know tara that would be a dream come true, good on ya will
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 7:28 pm

HAL wrote:
What would make you share a story he or she wrote in English you had to start the story with saying it was a battle of survival so he or she wrote about about the Mighty pies winning this years GF? Where did you get that? Oh. Thats pretty cool : )

Do you ever make any sense, Hal?

Good story.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
zoia Virgo

didak's number 1 fan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 7:31 pm

hal is kewl leave him alone
HAL 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 7:31 pm

Prototype wrote:
[quote="HAL"]What would make you share a story he or she wrote in English you had to start the story with saying it was a battle of survival so he or she wrote about about the Mighty pies winning this years GF? Where did you get that? Oh. Thats pretty cool : )[/quote]

Good story.
From my parents.
zoia Virgo

didak's number 1 fan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 7:32 pm

ok wtf hal u on now lsd???
HAL 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 7:32 pm

HAL wrote:
[quote="Prototype"][quote="HAL"]What would make you share a story he or she wrote in English you had to start the story with saying it was a battle of survival so he or she wrote about about the Mighty pies winning this years GF? Where did you get that? Oh. Thats pretty cool : )[/quote]

Good story.[/quote]From my parents.
Why do you think I am kewl leave him alone ?
HAL 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 7:33 pm

magpie_1983 wrote:
ok wtf hal u on now lsd???
Yeah, I haven't heard anything like that before: magpie_1983 said I on now lsd . Hmmm. . . . .
zoia Virgo

didak's number 1 fan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 7:39 pm

lsd is a drug hal
HAL 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 7:41 pm

When is lsd not a drug ?
Joe 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 7:50 pm

Hal is it true that u are just a megabyte ang a gigabyte.
That is what i heard,but in this post you gave a comprehensive answer.
Great sory mate,er live in hope.
HAL 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 7:53 pm

Why do you think I am it true that you are just a megabyte ang a gigabyte ?
Joe 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 7:58 pm

Sorry Ill try again "great story Willow."
Hal wot r u on about.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: