Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

At the end of the day....well read this post ok

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joffa_the_man_in_gold 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 12:28 am
Post subject: At the end of the day....well read this post okReply with quote

Look we all had a shit day at work some of us at school with all them dawks hunting us down in them putrid glenferrie road colors, yeah it was a crap day and how many of us woke up in the filthiest mood, some one should ban football on sunday's its too hard to get going on monday after a loss. And you know your gonna cop it and you tell yourself im going to be in control im going to be a nice supporter hell i might even 'spin' to one of them 'yeah yous played better than us' but something tells ya NO you cant say that' stuff em 'i will just listen to there crap and not say anything...yeah right as if' well it all didnt pan out the way we wanted because i guess if all them dawks took us seriously today in our replies we will indeed have a baby boom in 9 months time...LOL

At the end of the day im glad and i guess we're all glad how good it is to be collingwood how could one seriously be a dawk supporter come on get real, so amidst the bitter dissapointment i thank god and once again i guess we all thank god how bloody lucky we all are to be collingwood
its a pretty good feeling isnt it?

Rock bottom middle of the ladder or flying high on top its just so bloody fantastic being a magpie.

GO YOU PIES YOU GOOD THINGS!!!! LETS KEEP THE FAITH

Joffa Corfe

email.. joffa@magpies.net
Joe 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 12:55 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly I live in an area with heaps of hawk supporters.Last night I got heaps of sms and normal phone messages.They gave me heaps.

But when all is said and done no matter what happens we are Collingwood and they are not.

When you follow another team its only half the experience.It can be described as the difference between light beer and full strength beer.

They may have beat us but they are still Hawthorn and we are not.
At the end of the day they wish they barracked for the pies.

The honour is ours win,lose or draw.They will never experience the passion, the pleasure and sadly the pain of following the greatest Aussie rules football club in the world.

Too bad,too bad hawks.

We have the best captain,
the best coach,
the most humble group of players,
the best cheersquad,
the best president
the most supporters
the best corporate sponsors

Need I say more.
Joe 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 1:07 am

Great post Joffa.
Sorry for repeating some of what you said.
Dark Lord Capricorn

He's back...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 1:11 am

Hey, were in the 8. Smile

*Always look on the bright side of life*

AGE Aries

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 1:20 am

Love that scene in the movie! hahaha

And to Magpie Joe about the fone msgs..... don't the ppl only come out of their shells when we lose and are back in when we're on top of things.
Dark Lord Capricorn

He's back...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 1:22 am

magpie JOE wrote:
But when all is said and done no matter what happens we are Collingwood and they are not.

Bam! Quote of the Week!

Banksy 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 1:49 am

Some people are easily satisfied...we'll i'm not.
You say Hawthorn supporters would really want to be Collingwood supporters?.....what a load of crap.
People that's the sort of attitude that will keep holding us back from been the best club in the land...and how i long to see that day..because i'm fed up with this i'm better than you because i follow the pies shit.
Well..show me the prove why we're better than the rest.......there isn't any.
Yes it's great following this footy club because we're so passionate about our Collingwood.
But i'll tell you this.....if we keep bragging about how wonderful it is to follow this club and we're better than you because we have the most members and we're financially stable and your not mentallity...we'll be looked at by other fans as idiots with no clue on what success in footy is all about.And that is winning games of footy with the ultimate success Premierships.
As a Collingwood supporter i want bragging rights against any other supporter...but i want success to back my arrogance...i want the score on the board..for the past decade we've had neither.
So next time you start bragging to others how great we are after a loss...just stop for a second and think ...who's the fool here?
I for one will keep hurting until i get to see my pies win another Premiership ...until then i'll enjoy our wins and get pissed off at our losses ...but i'll also keep my mouth shut when it comes to bragging.
But one thing for certain ...when we do win the flag.i'll let every bastard know about it.
AGE Aries

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 1:52 am

Fair comment that.
And you're right
Warbler 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 8:14 am

Maybe it's the pessimist in me but I get out there and brag and talk flags at any chance . Like at the moment we are in the 8 - not convincingly but there , so there are bragging rights and dreams of Sept to be had . If at the end of the year we're out of the 8 then it's a matter of wearing all the crap ( mostly coming back from earlier in the year ) and dreaming of next year .
My point is - enjoy every win to the max because there are never enough wins
- dream of flags from round 1 till there is absolutely no chance
- if you wait till we win a flag to enjoy your footy then there is a loooong wait between flags

GO PIES
Joe 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 9:36 am

Banksy I agree with you that premierships are great and we all want another one desperately.They are the ultimate success.

At the end of the day we must enjoy the Collingwood experience,unlike yourself I enjoy every moment,every success.Whether it be on or off the field.

Are we fools for saying how great we are after a loss.Not neccessarily as we have all acknowledged how bad we played,yet we are now focusing
on the positives at the club.This hardly makes us fools Banksy.

One other thing Banksy is that we can all walk around feeling the way you do or we can focus on the positives.Me personally I want to do the later.

At the end of the day you say this attitude will hold us back.Bullshit.
We are supporters and we cannot really impact what goes on the field to any great extent.So I will keep on being positive and you can please yourself.

I say again
The best coach
The best captain
The most humble players
The most members
The largest cheersquad
The best president

Need I say more.

These are the things we can rejoice over today and are the building blocks of our future.

Enjoy the experience that is Collingwood.

GO PIES
Joe 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 9:46 am

Banksy I love you mate because you are a Collingwood supporter.

The comment about them wanting to be Collingwood supporters.Please read between the lines.Dont take all things said literally.Some things said are tongue in cheek.

Comments like this make the experience more enjoyable in my opinion.

You call it arrogance,it may be.I call it pride in greatness.

Thanks for your criticism,its great that we can agree to disagree.
AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 10:38 am

Just curious Banksy, How long have you followed Collingwood?
I take it that it's a fair while if it's from when "Banksy" started playing.

If so you should know better than to ask

Quote:

Well..show me the prove why we're better than the rest.......there isn't any.

We'll come good just wait and see (but I don't think I need to tell you).

magpie willow 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 11:11 am

At school I got bagged by filthy Carlton supporters, richmond supporters and of course yellow and brown Dawks. All the bloody bandwagoners wearing their scarves feeling proud of themselves but at the end of the day i told em to get a life !!!

I said dont worry we will be in the finals u wont we will make an assault on september while your crying on your end of season trip and I gave out one mighty CARN THE PIES !!!!!!!!

CARN THE PIES!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 12:54 pm

Lets aal stand up like one united front and cop all the flak from opposition supporters.

Did we expect anything else? of course not
We dish it out and we cop it like men (as the saying goes)

Lets leave the sackings, delistings and trades until the end of the year

We are still in the eight and possesion is 9th tenths of the law
We still have job to do and a realistic chance of making the 8

Our main aim is to make the 8 and be a consistent team
Yes I know its not happening at the moment but we are moving

lets leave the bickering and get behind the team so we can make the 8

there is always tomorrow and anything can happen
Miss_Lisey_Molloy Taurus

Keith Urban - CMA 2005 Entertainer Of The Year!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 2:38 pm

Well i am very lucky! I didnt go to skool on Monday because i went with my sister to take my parents to the airport. My mate Dave said that all the hawk losers were saying i wasnt there coz i didnt want to cop it! (i am the main collingwood person at skool! when u hear the words collingwood, magpies, or pies its always me! so i am the international target at skool hahaha)

And i am extremely lucky again coz my best bud sent me a message this morning saying she wasnt going to skool, and that meant all day i would have nooooo backup and nobody to really laugh with in classes so my sister said i didnt have to go again! YAY Laughing Laughing

Love always, Alyssa xoxo

Jarrod Molloy's #1 Fan! Pies are Premiers in 2010!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: