Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Top 5 disappointing Players

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lethalburns Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 6:58 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Woewodin

I was silly enough to think he could run.

I thought he could keep his feet.

I actually believed he could tackle.

Hell I was fooled into thinking he could play football prior to round 1.

I believe he is the most over-rated, over-paid player in our side AT THIS STAGE.

Not as focused as I thought he would be. Not a team player.

Enjoying the Collingwood atmosphere a little too much and giving nothing back in return.

There are def others who have been mentioned in this thread, yet for some reason this guy has aggitated me all season.

I honestly do hope he improves for our sakes.
Bones 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 1:10 am

Pity some of these smartarses didnt check out Woewodins stats...

2nd behind Buckley in kicks
2nd behind Tarrant in marks
3rd behind Buckley in disposals

Suck that through ya straw...
omega Aries

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 6:02 am

Woey got named in the squad in the AFL site to play with his state
lethalburns Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 6:11 pm

Mmm I am a smart ass?

He has had alot of easy possesions, in particular, games where he has had NO ONE ON HIM.

The guy 1on1 looks average.

Voted for which state? And may I ask what the criteria is for their selection? If he is in the starting line-up, he must be amongst some pretty ordinary company.

Honestly.. What I said is quite truthful..

He cant run
Cant tackle
Cant keep his feet
He is being paid alot for what he is doing atm
He is over-rated given his rate of return atm

Thats what I said.. And its hard to deny it... So smartass or not.. I am being half logical am I not?

Thank you for the smartass slur... Appreciated
Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 6:40 pm

Logic would say that to make a NON vic state team would require you to be pretty good, considering most of the interstate teams are made up of interstate players. Woey made the WA team - not too bad given the position of the eagles and dockers.

18 V 18 on the park - everyone has a man at all times. If you want to talk about spare men, please name me the coach who has "let" the opposition play a spare man in the midfield. A smart ass would probably say Ayres, but a logical person would say nobody.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

All WA Magpies join the Western Magpies now:
http://www.westernmagpies.com
(At least go and sign the guestbook).
lethalburns Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 7:14 pm

Ummm the ladder positions of each side could also have something to do with the players added to each side from other states dont you think? Last I checked there was no rule saying non-WA players could not play for Eagles/Dockers.

If Wowey keeps his dazzling form up, his little brownlow medal will mean jack all and he wont get a game with the WA little leaguers let alone the state side. He is not our worst. Yet we dont need guys getting 3x more cash than the base salary and providing no dividend.

It should have told us something when a club gives away their brownlow medal 'star' even when he offers to take a pay cut. There are more hacks in Melbourne than you can poke a stick at.. And they got rid of him. A sensible person would at least ponder why.

I dont jump on and off this guys bandwagon. I want to see him win a contest against a quality opponent and then ill get off his case and call him a champion.

I dont need you calling me a smart ass for having an opinion.

Thank you
d9 tank 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 7:31 pm

5 most dissapointing in 2003:

1. Rocca tops the list by a long way
2. Molloy second, yet he has nowhere near the potential as the others on this list
3. Didak. Down on form but I wouldn't worry yet, he is going to be an absolute gun.
4. Lonie. Not even his fault, just so dissapointing not being able to see him dashing up the middle regularly. Game plan needs to be changed for him.
5. Clement. Still fairly solid, but hasn't even gone close to how reliable he was last year. maybe all that responsibilty is catching up to him.
Piepark 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 8:51 pm
Post subject: Top 5 disapointing playersReply with quote

I would love to name a few players who are having years that are below standard but I reckon most are trying their guts out but can't seem to put it all together on a consistent basis. I think they are nearly overtrying, if that sounds strange. As for Anthony Rocca, well I think most people have known for a while he is carrying an injury, I just wish the club would give him the 3-4 weeks rest and have him ready for the finals. He is no good as he is running around and trying to manage his fitness. Bring in some kids and give 'em a taste of senior footy to prepare them for next year. Go Pies !!
STOKA35 Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 12:23 am

rocca-plays the most important position on the ground we need you.

obree-hasnt played a good full game yet a few good qtrs here and there we need you to link up with the other midfielders and carry the ball over the lines

fraser-still young but we need you to win some hit outs give us first use i know we are good at clearances but there have been games were we have been exposed by not having a competitive ruck man. but last couple of games has been better.

didak-still young as well but we need you to kick your 2-3 goals a game and have you get posessions when you have a run on the ball this could apply to leon as well

presti-hasnt looked good since that injury in wizxard cup still worries me with his disposal as he looks unsure what to do with the footy maybe he is still underdone.

also needs a rev

malloy-looks to be a bit heavier and not as fit we need you to bust packs tackle and chase and create a fear for opposition defenders like you did last year before your injury troubles
swooper 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 1:02 pm

this is depressing me Sad
Buckley_King Pisces

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 11:32 pm

For a 'star' midfielder, Woewodin should be at least averaging 23-25 possessions a game. And, as lethalburns said, a lot of his possessions have come from easy kicks in the backline. He is a good kick but I really did expect more from him this year. He is as soft as melted butter, and is slow. I wouldn't call him a dud, but many Pie fans overrate him. It is fair to say that he we gave up too much for him, in theory he is only worth a 2nd round pick.
jo_loves_steven Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 5:31 pm

How can you all put players down the way you do, do you realise that every player is here because they can play football and they are good at it. And every player has their strengths and weaknesses, it might be getting a lot of possessions or it might be stopping thier opponent from getting possessions.
Not every player can be fit enough to get 30 possessions every week like nathan buckley, but they are still valuble and important.
When Collingwood lose it's not Rocca lost us the game or McKee lost us the game it's Collingwood as a team lost the game. Just as one player alone doesn't win it for us.
Tarrant might kick 7 goals and take 20 marks, but i bet he didn't run into the centre get the ball out and run into an open goal and do it all himself.
You must also realise that our coach has a big impact on this, I have noticed someone like Rocca having a very obvious bad day and he is left on the ground to continue his mistakes.
And the players that the fans and media don't hold as superstar status are constantly moved on and off the bench, wheather they have played badly or not.
Mick needs to send the message to some of the superstar players that just because everyone has a higher opinion of them it doesn't mean they should be excused when they play bad.
And these players that he is constantly moving on and off the bench despite performance, he needs to reward them for thier good efforts rather then getting thier confidence down and making them think that nothing they do is good enough.
The whole problem is that people are too judgemental of everyone, if someone gets paid big money then they must be a superstar, and for some players it takes forever for them to win respect and only 1 second to lose that respect.
Sure one player can make a difference in a team, but it has to be a group of players making a big diffrence to have a winning effect.
Stop the negativity and talk about the things that make Collingwood a good team and good club to support instead.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 5:52 pm

jo_loves_steven wrote:

Mick needs to send the message to some of the superstar players that just because everyone has a higher opinion of them it doesn't mean they should be excused when they play bad.

Buckley was benched against Hawthorn.
jo_loves_steven Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 6:03 pm

oh boo hoo Buckley was benched
he's about the only one that it happens to when he's the only one that doesn't need it

Maybe it should be tried on some other players
jo_loves_steven Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 6:38 pm

Not everyone can win.

How about being happy with seeing a good game of football
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: